Awake

Sweet like her perfume

"I love you" she whispered as I felt her lips on my palm

 

"Are you real?" I asked as I searched her face...

 

Despite all the hiding and the warnings we had.

We had fallen in love. Our past memories were intertwined possibilities, I felt swimming of tears and confusion. She's here 

 

Dara:"No tears" she whispered as her expression had always been tender. "Smile for Unnie "

 

Chaerin:"I'm in love with you"

 

Dara:"I know.." Unnie  smiled as she gently caressed my hand "I love you more.. if you have me.. I love to spend my living days with you"

 

Chaerin:"But you need to ask my parents first"  I said as I kissed her bruised lips..

 

Dara:"Baby-rin I would never leave you"

 

I knew she meant it, Unnie had been there for me and our friends. My sweet Unnie despite all the heartache she knew would come to chase us. Behind my wall, I felt it like a longing of music. Always real and strong as it offered each day a recovery of love with me.

 

As the doctor came and I didn't had the chance to asked her what she remembered during her car crush.

 

Doctor:"Its about time you woke up". The doctor said as he lifted the gauze pad covering the left side of her head. "How's the head feel?" 

 

Dara:"I feel fine" Unnie  said as she held a tighter grip around my fingers.

 

Chaerin:"Let's see if Unnie  can stand on your head." I smiled at the thought

 

Dara:"I couldn't do that even before the accident"

I missed teasing her like this

 

Doctor:"I don;t think you're going to have any problems.. But before Dara-sshi could practice,  I want to keep you here for a few more days. The doctor said as he read the charts and redressed her leg wound.

 

Dara"But how many days is a few days?" Unnie asked eagerly

 

She looked so fragile suddenly, so small and alone. I hated the fact that I wasn't able to do anything for her, only to watch her tremble as she slept.

 

Doctor:"I told your boss it would take two months or less than three weeks recovery, your management already gave you a sick leave." She said to Unnie  before he left the room.

 

Chaerin:"Are you scared?" I said gently as I wrapped my arms around her as I sat on the hospital.

 

I indulged the feeling of her body. I didn't cared about the time or place. I let her arms sneak around my waist, it felt the sense of safety. She was warm and real. 

 

Dara:"Yes" Her answer was a little more than an exhalation of breath.

 

Chaerin:"Its alright. Everything is going to be fine" I whispered in her ear

 

I drank in the warmth and the sweet smell of her .. I thought she haven't had a perfume with her in the hospital. How could she smell so sweet and feminine?  I could feel her cheeks flush instantly indicating that their was an audience other than myself. I step out of her embrace, and immediately felt cold and alone.

 

Dara:"Umma... " She reached out to her mom for an embrace. "I'm sorry I made you worry"

 

Mama Park:"My child you don't need to apologize, I love you... be strong" She said calmly as she held her eldest like a little child.

 

Dara:"Umma... Where's Gae ddong-ahh and little Noona?" 

 

Mama Park:"I've asked them to rest at home."

 

I've felt the need to leave them for a while for privacy. But before I could move, Unnie  held my hand 

 

Dara:"Umma...this is Lee Chaerin" She looked into my eyes in assurance "She's my girlfriend"

 

My eyes flew suprised at the introduction, GIRLFRIEND it repeated on my head  GIRLFfRIEND. My face burned like a hot pot whistling in indiaction of too much hot pressure.. But her umma just noded and smiled at me and it was like the exact replica of her smile. It surprised me that she didn't reacted in anger or disgust.. 

 

Mama Park:"Thank you for taking good care of my daughter, she might be very stubborn at times but she's very reliable and forgiving." She was looking at me eye to eye with a kindness similar to Unnie's too,

 

Chaerin:"Thank you for accepting us ajima" I bowed at her, expressing my gratitude

 

Mama Park:"Just call me Umma but ajima or ajimunni would be fine too.. I've never seen my daughter looked so happy whenever she talks about you and your group members."