Chapter Twenty

Always in my heart

Anna yawned and stared outside the window. She got bored and decided to stay silent when Myungsoo refused to say a word when she asked him about where he is taking her. She saw the road sign and jolted from her seat and turned her head to Myungsoo.

 
"Airport? Are we going on a vacation?"
 
Myungsoo nodded his head but still focused on his driving. He didn't want  to say a thing because if he says the reason why they are going to the airport, for sure, Anna will ask him to turn the car around.
 
When they reached the airport, Anna excitedly went out from the car and skipped happily to the entrance without waiting for Myungsoo. She was delighted to know that they are going for a vacation. She hoped it's not a work trip because usually Myungsoo always go for a work trip. Which she didn't fancy that much and preferred to stay and go to work. But Anna was wrong.
 
Myungsoo looked around the departure hall. He was looking for someone. Not long after that, he saw the person he was looking for. He grabbed Anna's arm and asked her to follow him. She followed him and her steps stopped when she saw a familiar face. She was disappointed with Myungsoo. She felt betrayed. He lied to her.
 
"Is this why we are here? To send her off?"
 
"I am sorry Anna. If I tell you, you will not want to come. We will just say goodbye to her and then we can leave."
 
"I hate her."
 
"But she's your mother. I told her that you would come to send her off."
 
"Why are you doing this to me?"
 
"Lee Anna, no matter how much you hate her, she is still your mother. And she is my mother-in-law. I want to pay my respect to her as her son-in-law. Please baby. Do it for me."
 
"I hate you, Kim Myungsoo."
 
"Thanks baby. I love you too."
 
Myungsoo smiled triumphantly. He knows Anna will do what he says if he  pleads. He held Anna's hand and reluctantly, Anna followed Myungsoo. They greeted Mrs. Lee. Mrs. Lee was happy to see Anna came to see her although she knew that Myungsoo probably dragged her to the airport. She chatted with Myungsoo. Anna remained silent and stole a few glances with Mrs. Lee. Then the announcement for Mrs. Lee's flight was announced telling them that the boarding gate is opened. 
 
"I should be going now. It was nice talking to you, Myungsoo-ssi. Please take a good care of my Anna."
 
"I will, Mrs. Lee. I promise."
 
Mrs. Lee gave Myungsoo a brief hug and smiled at Anna. She didn't want to force Anna to hug her. Although she felt hurt but she was thankful to see Anna before she left. When she turned around and was about to walk to the gate, she heard the word, 'mom'. She quickly turned around and looked at Anna. She walked to Anna and hug her tightly. Anna returned her hug and both of them cried their hearts out.