Chapter One

Always in my heart

She stared at every corners of the room. The bed, the windows, the shelves and the study desk. She walked to the window and looked outside. 

 
"I'm going to miss this place," she said to herself.
 
"Anna?"
"....."
"Lee Anna?"
 
She turned her head to see the person who called her.
 
"Are you ready? He's downstairs, waiting for you."
 
She nodded and walked towards the person and hugged her tightly. Tears started to well up and rolling down her cheeks. The person rubbed her head.
 
"Anna, don't be sad. We're still going to see each other. You are welcome to visit this place and moreover, Dr. Nam works here!"
 
She pulled away from Anna and cupped her face, wiped the tears with her thumbs and smiled. 
 
"Cheer up Anna!"
 
She hugged Anna.
 
"Anna-ah, everything is going to be alright. You are lucky to have a family who wants to adopt you. I am very sure the Nam will take a good care of you. Mrs. Nam is a lovely and kind woman. So don't worry." She added.
 
"I will miss you,eonni."
"I will miss you too, Anna."
 
Lee Anna, a 14 years old girl. Today she will be moving out from the orphanage. Dr. Nam has decided to adopt Anna. He and his wife have always wanted to have a daughter. He still remember the first time he met Anna.
 
"Dr. Nam!"
 
It was raining heavily outside the clinic. Dr. Nam was doing his daily report when one of his staff went inside his office, carrying a small body. 
 
"What happened?"
"I saw her lying outside the clinic!"
"Put her on the bed and call Nurse Oh."
 
Dr. Nam quickly checked the little girl.
 
"Nurse Oh, change the girl's clothes. She's soaking wet."
 
After a few moments, Dr. Nam checked her temperature. This girl is having a fever, he said to himself. He called Nurse Oh.
 
"Nurse Oh, tell my wife that I won't be coming home tonight. I'll be staying over here and you can go home. I will take care of her."
 
Nurse Oh hesitated at first but she went home leaving Dr. Nam all by himself at the clinic.
 
The next day, she slowly opened her eyes. The bright sunlight made her blinked her eyes few times. She rubbed her eyes and got up. She scanned around the unfamiliar room. 
 
"You're awake. How are you feeling? You're in my clinic by the way."
 
"....."
 
"Are you hungry?"
 
She nodded. She was so hungry, she didnt even remember when was the last time she had her last meal. 
 
"I'll ask Nurse Oh to bring you breakfast."
 
=========================================================================================================
 
"Dr. Nam? She's ready."
 
He just finished signing the adoption documents when Miss Choi entered the office. Anna was standing next to her, holding her luggage. He smiled when he saw Anna. She has grown up to be a beautiful girl. 
 
"Anna, are you ready?
 
She nodded.
 
"Lets go then. They are waiting for us. Your mum is so eager to meet you. She can't even shut her eyes last night!" Dr. Nam chuckled.
 
Mum? It's weird to hear that word. That was the first time she heard that word since 8 years ago? She remembered she was left by her mother when she was six. She shook her head from remembering that awful memory and followed Dr. Nam to the car.