Chapter Eighteen

Always in my heart

A/N: Hi readers! I am very sorry for not updating the story for a very long time. I've been very busy with works. And now, finally I have the chance to update it.How do you find the story so far? I know its not really interesting but I hope you enjoy reading it. Here's an update, enjoy reading it! xx

***

"Hey, its going to be okay."

Myungsoo held her shoulder and Anna returned him with a weak smile.

"Thanks Myungsoo. You can go now. I can handle this myself. I will see you at home."

Myungsoo was hesitated to leave Anna but he left anyway after giving her a quick kiss on her forehead. Anna bit her lower lips and shut her eyes tightly. She inhaled a deep breath and pressed the doorbell. 

"Annyeonghasaeyo, how can I help.. Anna?"

The two women stood awkwardly, facing each other. Mrs. Lee invited Anna into the house and lead her to the living room, then excused herself to go to the kitchen. While waiting, Anna took a look around the house. It wasn't a big house after all. She saw a family potrait hanging on the wall. That woman has a family. Is that why she left her at the orphanage? Anna felt her anger bubbling inside, she held her fist tightly but then, she noticed a picture of a baby on a shelf.

"That's you."

Anna turned around when she heard the voice. Mrs. Lee smiled and put the tray on the table. She asked Anna to sit while pouring the  drinks. She explained the family potrait is her current family. Mrs. Lee felt happy and nervous at the same time upon seeing Anna. She didn't expect Anna to come and see her and of course she knew Anna would not came to see her without a reason.

"Honestly, I am so happy to see you Anna. I am very sure you came here to ask me something right?"

"Yes. I'm not coming here to chit-chat about random things. Now, cut the chase, why did you leave me?"

Anna felt a bit guilty with her rudeness but she ignored it. All she wanted to know is the truth. Mrs. Lee kept quiet for a while. She took a deep breath and smiled before telling Anna the truth.

"Years ago, when I was still married to your father. We had a happy life until your father was diagnosed with brain cancer. Most of the savings are used for your father's treatment. You were still young. I have neglected you while taking care of your father. I have no one. It was very difficult at that time. I had no choice but to leave you at the orphanage as I know you will be in a good hand. But I promised myself to get you back once everything is stable. After your father passed away, months later, I found a job and it took me years to save up some money. With that money I can buy you good food and nice clothes. Then I met your stepfather, he promised to take care of us so I went back to the orphanage to get you back. It was too late. You were adopted by Dr. Nam. I was devastated. To tell you the truth, I've been watching you growing up. I am so proud of you. I really am. You look so happy with the Nam. So I have decided to leave you even though its hard for me to do so. That is why I went to see Mrs. Nam so that I can see you before my departure."

"Where are you going?"

"To your other family. They are in Japan now. Your stepfather got a job offer there, I insisted to stay here until I meet you. Just knowing you are happy makes me happier. I am very sorry Anna, you can hate me as much as you can. No matter how hateful you are towards me, I will always love you."

"Tell you what, you are right. I really hate you right now. You have no idea how much I wanted you to leave here as soon as possible, out from my sight!" 

Annna stormed out from the house and ran to the streets.