Chapter Twenty-one

Always in my heart

Anna paced back and forth in the hallway. Everytime she tried to knock the door, her hand refused to do so. She had decided to go for a check up after having a very bad headache in the morning. She has been experiencing headaches and feeling nausea a lot lately. Howon was passing by the hallway when he saw Anna so he walked to her.

 
"Anna-ssi, are you okay?"
 
Anna didn't answer him and kept standing in front of the office. Curiously Howon looked up to see at the door sign. It was Dongwoo's office. He asked Anna if she wanted to see Dongwoo. Anna shook her head and walked away. Howon got confused and shrugged his shoulder. When he was about to knock Dongwoo's office he heard Anna called his name. He turned his head and saw Anna walking towards him. 
 
"Howon-ssi, I have a favour to ask you. If you don't mind."
 
"What is it?"
 
"Can you do a check up on me? I've been having headaches these few days."
 
"Oh, did you try to see an obstetrician? You know what I mean, right?"
 
"Yes, I did and it's negative. I figure it must be something else that's why I came here."
 
So that is why she's coming to see Dongwoo, Howon told himself. Anna gazed at Howon while waiting for his respond.
 
"Nevermind, I will go to Dongwoo oppa next time."
 
"W-wait Anna-ssi. I will help you."
 
Howon asked if Anna has any symptoms like vomiting, having double vision, etc. Howon suggested to get a CT scan. After doing the CT Scan, Howon looked at the scanned pictures thoroughly. He saw something and wasn't sure with it. He didn't dare to give the result to Anna.
 
"Anna-ssi, can I get back to you after I consult with Dongwoo sunbae? As you know I'm still lack of experience. I can't give you an accurate answer to this."
 
Howon rubbed his neck as he said it to Anna. Anna smiled. She understood what Howon meant because Howon is still an intern. Nevertheless she thanked him for helping her. Before she left, she asked Howon not to tell Dongwoo about it. Howon frowned when he heard but obliged it anyway.
 
Howon went to Dongwoo's office straight away. As he entered the office, he saw Dongwoo was sitting in front of his computer probably doing his report. Dongwoo acknowledged Howon's presence and beckoned him to sit whilst he finishing his report. When he is done, he smiled widely and turned to face Howon.
 
"My favourite dongsaeng, what can I do for you?"
 
"Sunbae, I need your help."
 
Dongwoo cocked an eyebrow and nodded. Howon handed him the CT scan pictures. Dongwoo scanned the pictures and frowned. 
 
"Whose brain is this? It's not yours right?"
 
Howon shook his head and told him that it belonged to one of his patients. He explained that he wasn't sure with the result. He asked Dongwoo if it is curable or not. 
 
"Well, the tumour hasn't reached its critical stage yet. We can slow it down with treatment. But the bad news is, the treatment can't reduce the swelling. Is this brain belongs to someone I know?
 
Again, Howon shook his head. He thanked Dongwoo and excused himself to exit the office. As soon as he went out from Dongwoo's office he dashed to the locker room to find Sungjong, to ask him for Anna's number. 
 
As for Dongwoo, he was still curious about the CT scan pictures that he had just looked. He got the hunch that the brain belongs to someone he knows. Someone closed to him. Someone whom he treats like his own family.