Chapter Fourteen

Always in my heart

It was lunch time. Anna sat all by herself at the cafeteria. She was really worried about Mrs. Nam. She tried to call her but the maid told her that Mrs. Nam was away. Anna drowned into a deep thought, worrying about her mum. Anna was spaced out, she didn't realise that Sungyeol and Sungjong came and sat at the same table with her. Anna startled when Sungyeol slammed his hand on the table.

"Hey, what was that for? I could get a heart attack!"

"What was that? You asked me that?  Are you kidding me? I called your name like a few times but you ignored me!"

Anna narrowed her eyes and snarled at Sungyeol. Sungyeol rolled his eyes and shoved a spoonful of rice into his mouth. Sungjong shook his head, seeing those two argued.

"Anna, are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm okay. I'm just worried about my mum."

"Is she sick?"

"No..."

"Then? What's the problem?"

"I don't know, Sungjongie. I've tried to talk with her but the maid told me she was busy. I feel as if she is avoiding me."

"Ahh.. Maybe she really is busy. Don't worry, Anna. I am sure she will talk to you soon."

"I hope. Thanks Sungjongie."

Anna gave Sungjong a weak smile. Sungjong patted her hand and gave her a reassuring smile and told her not to worry too much about it.

=====================================================================================

Anna walked to her house and she was surprised to see Mrs. Nam stood in front of her house. She dashed towards Mrs. Nam and hugged her tightly. Tears started to well up her eyes but she held back her tears so Mrs. Nam couldn't see it. She then pulled away from Mrs. Nam.

"Mum, I was so worried about you! Are you feeling much better now?"

Mrs. Nam smiled and nodded.

"I've brought you some food."

Mrs. Nam grinned as she held up her arm and showed the food she had packed for Anna. Anna let out a soft chuckle and invited her mum inside the house. After taking off their coats, they went to the kitchen and prepared the food that Mrs. Nam brought. The mother and daughter chatted whilst enjoying their meal. They talked about random things and giggled when they find some things that are funny. 

"Anna-yah, when is Myungsoo coming back?"

"This Friday."

Myungsoo was on a business trip to Japan. His company is opening a new branch there. Since Anna started working again, she couldn't join Myungsoo to Japan.

Anna made tea for her mum and sliced some apples. As she put the tea and apples on the dining table, she took a seat next to Mrs. Nam. When she sat down, Mrs. Nam suddenly held both of her hands and stared at Anna. 

"Anna-yah, I'm sorry. Mum is sorry for ignoring you these few days."

"It's okay mum. At least you've came today. Its enough to make me happy."

"Anna-yah. I have something to tell you."

Mrs. Nam hesitated whether to tell Anna or not. But she had to tell her no matter what. Anna needs to know the truth.

"Do you remember Mrs Lee Soona?"

Anna froze when she heard that name. She slowly pulled her hands from Mrs. Nam. She put her hands on her lap and started to fidgeting with her hands. She had a bad feeling when Mrs. Nam mentioned that name. Mrs. Nam called Anna's name again, Anna just stared blankly at the table.

"Do you remember the day she came to our house?"

Yes, she remembered it really well. Anna nodded but she still avoiding to face Mrs. Nam and hung her head low and kept fidgeting with her hands. Mrs. Nam sighed. She then explained everything to Anna about her conversation with Mrs. Lee and why she came to the house. Mrs. Nam sobbed as she explained to Anna. Anna just sat still and listened to every word Mrs. Nam told her. Her mind couldn't process really well, blank to be exact. She was shocked. Too shocked to believe everything.

Anna didn't say a single word after knowing the truth. She walked Mrs. Nam to the front door. Before Mrs. Nam walked  out, she turned to face Anna and cupped her face, she gave an apologetic look. Then she took out a small piece of paper from her handbag. She held Anna's hand and put the paper on her hand. She pecked Anna's cheek and left the house leaving Anna stood in the front door, expressionless.

After a while, Anna went inside the house. She closed the door behind her and stood still at the hallway. She looked at the piece of paper on hand. She shut her eyes tightly and crumpled the paper in her fist. She threw it away somewhere in the hallway. Her legs suddenly felt weak, she kneeled and sat weakly on the floor. She put her hands on her face and cried her heart out. Why now? Why did she has to appear now? Years after years, Anna had been waiting for her and when she had forgotten about her existence and lived happily with her loved ones, and now, she appeared.