Chapter Thirteen

Always in my heart

Anna went to the Nam's resident. Its been a while since she last visited her parents and she really missed talking to Mrs. Nam. Anna opened the front door and entered the house. She walked straight to the living room because Mrs. Nam always spend most of her time doing things in the living room but Anna only saw the maid, who was busy cleaning the living room. She then went upstairs and no Mrs. Nam. She went downstairs to the kitchen and the garden but she still couldn't find Mrs. Nam.

"Mrs. Kim, where's my mum?"

"I think she's in the study room."

"Oh yeahhh.. The study room. Thanks!"

Silly Anna! Why didn't she think about that room. Anna walked to the study room which was opposite of the living room. She turned the door knob and went into the room. She saw Mrs. Nam's back, who was sitting on a chair. Anna tiptoed towards her and gave her a surprise hug from behind. Mrs. Nam flinched with the surprise backhug. 

"Hi mum! I missed you sooooo much!"

Anna hugged her tightly. Mrs. Nam chuckled and Anna's cheek. She stood up and turned to face Anna and cupped her face. She gave a peck on Anna's forehead. She was delighted to see Anna.

"I missed you too sweetie. How are you feeling? Better?"

"I'm feeling much better now. I came here to see you, I missed talking to you. Oh yes, I'm going to start working tomorrow."

Anna grinned and then she noticed there was someone else in the room. Its a woman, she look like the same age like Mrs. Nam. She was sitting at a chair which was next to the chair where Mrs. Nam sat before. Anna smiled at the woman but the woman looked away. Anna furrowed her eyebrows when she saw the woman's reaction. Weird.

"I'm sorry mum, did I interrupt your meeting with your friend?" 

Anna pointed to the woman with her lips. Mrs. Nam just remembered she has a guest in the room as well. She was totally forgot about her poor guest. How silly of her.

"Oh sorry! No sweetie, you're not interrupting us at all. Mrs. Lee just arrived a few minutes ago and we haven't started our conversation yet when you came in. So Anna, meet Mrs. Lee."

Anna walked towards the woman, she bowed and introduced herself.

"Hello, I'm Lee Anna."

"Hello Anna, I'm Lee Soona."

Anna smiled at Mrs. Lee. Mrs. Lee returned her smile and stared at her in a motherly way. Anna saw tears started to well up at the corner of Mrs. Lee's eyes.

"Are you okay Mrs. Lee?"

"Yes, I'm okay Anna."

Mrs. Lee looked away after that. Anna felt uncomfortable as if she did something wrong. She excused herself and told Mrs. Nam that she felt tired and wanted to take a rest. She went upstairs to her room. She grabbed a book and sat on a couch. Anna couldn't concerntrate on her reading. The image of Mrs. Lee kept bothering her. After a while, Anna realised that she had seen Mrs. Lee before. Her face looks familiar, but when and where? She sighed and put away the book. She took out her phone and texted Myungsoo and Woohyun telling them to come over to the Nam's resident and have dinner together.

======================================================================================

Myungsoo poked Anna's cheek repeatly. Anna slowly opened her eyes. She was woken up by Myungsoo's teasing pokes. She rubbed her eyes and saw Myungsoo's grinning face. She sat up and rubbed her eyes again.

"M-Myungsoo?"

"Yah, wake up sleepyhead."

Myungsoo held her face and kissed her lips. Anna smiled weakly.

"When did you arrive?"

"A while ago.."

"Why didn't you wake me up?"

"I didn't want to disturb your beauty sleep. I'm hungry, let's go down and have dinner with the rest. Yah, Lee Anna, wake up!"

Myungsoo shook Anna's shoulder as Anna started to doze off again. He pulled her up and ushered her to wash her face in the bathroom. He chuckled when he saw Anna walking to the bathroom like a zombie. After washing her face, Anna and Myungsoo went downstairs to the dining hall. They saw Dr. Nam and Woohyun were already sitting and chatting with each other. Anna took a seat next to a chair where Mrs. Nam supposed to sit and Myungsoo sat next to Woohyun which was across Anna. 

"Where's mum?"

"She's upstairs. She said she didn't feel good and needed some rest."

"Really? But she was fine this afternoon. I'll go upstairs and check on her."

"Anna, just sit and have your dinner. You can check on her later."

"Did she has her dinner already?"

"Yes, she did. So don't worry Anna."

Anna didn't really enjoy her dinner. She was worried about Mrs. Nam. She only ate a little, then she excused herself and went upstairs. She knocked the door before she entered the room. Mrs. Nam was resting on the bed. She walked to the bed and sat on the edge of the bed where Mrs. Nam was resting. She was sleeping. With a sigh, Anna caressed Mrs. Nam's face and kissed her cheek. She didn't want to disturb her sleep. 

"Have a good rest mum. Good night."

Anna left the room and went downstairs. When the door was closed, Mrs. Nam opened her eyes. She pretended to sleep when Anna was in the room. She shut her eyes and tears started to stroll down her cheeks. 

"I'm sorry, Anna..."