Four

Heart Beats

Pairing: ChaeKris
Word Count: 384


Tell Me


Bristling, a hot stream of tears tarnished his sharp features, his forehead and cheeks marred by dubious creases. Flickering irises reflected the depth of his conflict, a mystified, hollow look permanently attached to his gaze. Undoubtedly lost in the waves of despair and hope, he stiffly gripped onto the shoulder pads of her jacket in his folly attempt to wrangle an answer from her sealed lips. 

He was terribly misguided and perplexed by the actions he had seen from her live performances, her charm and aura altogether swelling and flourishing in the presence of her label-mate. There was much chemistry to be witnessed betwixt the fierce duo, their interactions boggling his weary mind, and their own lack of commucation jabbing his battered heart. 

Do you love him?

Jittery from the rush of nerves, she tucked loose strands behind her ear in a nervous tick, her response awkwardly handled and fumbled in delivery. Efficiently deflecting the query with irrational garble, she never had to cross this threshold when he so readily accepted her lies before. It might have been silly of her to presume she could continue on with the facade for any longer, his doubts eventually massive enough to swarm his conscience.

Mildly, tentatively, he croaked, “Chae, do you love him?” Reeking of pity and accompanied by misery, he poured his heart into the last of his inquiries, his last sliver of hope dangling preciously over her potential reply. Had she given him another glance she might have noted his wallowed appearance was induced by her baseless, reckless actions, his former vigor reduced to ashes. 

In spite of the shreds of dignity the truth would cost her, she found she could not deny his poor soul. "Yes."

Distraught, he rasped, haplessly insisted, "Don't you love me?" Flushed with silence, he held her closer, tighter, clenched teeth hissing, "Weren't you supposed to love me?"

Kissing the sides of his palms, she murmured, "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." She had not meant to fall in love with someone else - she had not meant to toy with his heart. 

Slipping to his knees, he masked his face with his hands, the flesh cool against his fuming form. "Don't you love me, too?" Heavily pressing the matter, he echoed, "Don't you love me, Chae?"

"I'm so sorry, Kris."


A/N: /cries/ what's with the angst. where is the fluffff.

also, thank you for your support! ;u;