Thirty

Heart Beats

Pairing: ChanDara
Word Count: 614


Grey Zone


Unbelievably jaunty in her white apparel, she smiled towards him upon his entrance and briskly encircled his lean, slumped figure with her slender arms, her bursting joy seeping into the confines of his ill-fitted rental suit. 

Inscrutable from her angle, he proceeded to absently nod and rasp words of congratulations, his lanky limbs mindfully gesticulating for her to simmer down and allow him to attach the final piece of her wardrobe as per request. 

Bubbling with energy and a blithe disregard for his immediate assistance, she crinkled her nose and grinned in such a familiar fashion that it left him stunned and susceptible to her mischievous antics. Tugging him forward, she latched onto his slack hands and twirled him in circles until he chastised her with the mention of her full name.
Feigning ignorance, she desisted her playful nonsense in a pompous sniff and dutifully craned her neck to smoothly permit the interception of his clumsy joints and sheer material.

However, he paused, thoroughly startled by the sight of her trembling features, her brows drooped in plain vexation. 

Sparing a glance towards her tremulous figure, he deduced the nerves had finally struck her as her hands fiddled and rippled with displeasure, her cheeks strained merrily in a trance. Hopelessly succumbed to anxiety, she visibly tightened up the muscles and murmured a torrent of skittish pleas that the ceremony commenced with minimal trifles.

Sweet, brittle laughter suddenly filtered throughout the dressing room, her palms splayed on her belly to disperse the fluttering butterflies within, the act contradictory to her previous woes.

Flickering her gentle gaze unto him, she smiled timidly, tenderly and he had never been confounded by her breath-taking beauty more than in this moment of fragility. 

Properly securing the headdress, his thoughts and touch lingered - undeniably fueling her concern. 

"Chanyeol-ah, are you okay?"

She would be fine with him.

Spurred by the lack of response, the crease between her brows deepened. 

She would be fine with him. 

Sandara reached for the despondent, impish giant whom was usually alluring with his lively countenance. 

She would be fine with him. 

Worry lurked underneath the tone that verged on frivolous banter, "Chanyeol-ah-."

Silent, earnest entreaties hovered unanswered in the ripening atmosphere, his throat thick, knotted, uncertain. Induced to madness from her rosy innocence, he flushed the apologies from his thoughts and smacked onto her unsuspecting lips. The unforeseen, harsh kiss rendered her stiff, befuddled in his skewed embrace that slovenly attempted to grip her wrist and dig into the curve of her back.

Shamelessly, dourly, he pressed deeper and deeper into her listless mouth, his entire soul and being urging a response to his bottled passion. 

He must have been severely ed up in the head to confess his desires on the most special of days - on her special day. But he had lost the capacity to breathe, to function in her presence and the final hours of her freedom had been dwindling; he had no choice other than to act. 

Gradually, he retracted from her aching lips, his mouth a hair's breadth away from her set jaw, and was mortified by the stricken tears streaming along the concave of her pale cheeks. 

Already accustomed to the cruelty of his actions, he commanded her focus once more with his hoarse cry, "I love you."

Overwhelmed with sorrow, despair, he relinquished his grasp on her and let her go completely. Dainty fingertips grazed the swollen flesh of her abused, tingling mouth, her mind left to ponder the nature of his brazen behavior. 

It was too late for her heart to reconsider, so why did it beat strongly against her chest?


A/N: gROSS TEARS EVERYWHERE. chanyeol would wait until the final day to confess to her, omg. ;A; aND SHE WOULD HAVE MARRIED YOU, CHANNIE. gdi

oh and he was helpin' her put on a wedding veil /sobs/

@imcllin: LOL. author-ssi is glad you loved it<3 bomsoo is the best, isn't it? ;A; hugs for e'rrbodyyy

10 more chapters to goooo