Twenty-Five

Heart Beats

Pairing: BomSoo
Word Count: 289


Blue


Dubious, firm lines creased his forehead as his steps diminished in pace and attitude, his attention swayed by the unusual nature of her behavior. Although he had not meant to stop and wonder, the question slipped from his lips anyhow.

"Why are you out in this harsh rain?"

Hardly startled, perhaps even dazed, she shifted the angle of her chin upwards to properly confront his deadpan features, her noticeably glossed irises reflected in his stare.

Quivering, purple lips mouthed incoherent explanations for the source of her being there and thus prompted him to edge a little closer to hear. Apprehensive of her well-being and state of health, he unconsciously gripped his umbrella and made to extract a clear and rationale response. "Noona," The respected title felt odd on his brash tongue, "why are you here?"

It would be deemed unseemly for an idol of her stature to be spotted by the shady remnants of a run-down construction site. 

Hoarse whispers fluttered past the guise of rain. "It's my aunt's anniversary. She used to love coming to this bakery..." She halted mid-sentence, glanced towards the ruins. "Ah, but I suppose it's not much of one anymore, hm?" Legs tucked in close to her chest, she nestled her head atop the bare flesh of her knees.

"You're not going to leave, are you?" Bom's exceptionally irrational decisions were always quick to deduce, or so he learned from his team-mates. He had few interactions and minimal experience with the main vocalist of 2NE1. 

A haughty smile flashed his way. "No."

Nodding his head in silence, he plopped down on the ground right beside her, his umbrella hoisted over their two heads to shelter them from the pelting rain.

"Then neither am I."


A/N: as if he could just leave her out there. bonding timeeeee