Fourteen

Heart Beats

Pairing: ChanDara
Word Count: 291


Shh


A brusque nudge to his side, and presumably a rough jab to his ribcage, drowsy eyelids gave way to astonishment, considerably dilated pupils in pursuit of the disturbance. However, the hour listed on the alarm clock beside the headboard beckoned a slew of groans, of spindly fingers to scrub the sleep from bleary eyes.

Entwining and tugging the locks of his shaggy head, Chanyeol almost allowed for the sandman's enchantment to possess him, except, the faint curdled breathing to his right deterred him from the original goal. Partially curious, his sight settled on the form of a stunning woman deep in the clutches of slumber, her arms and knees neatly curled into her chest, slightly jutted into his half of the bed, lips pursed, nostrils aflutter. 

Calloused joints gently traced the outline of her forehead, brushed unkempt strands of hair stuck to her pink cheeks, and lingered - familiar, loving. Although she portrayed the epitome of disarray, her hair knotted, her clothes disheveled, she proudly exuded the aura and charm of an angel. 

Aware of her mild quivering from the early morning chill, and selfishly in want of contact, he snuggled closer to her, his chin rested atop her nodding head, her build engulfed by his larger stature. Fastening the sheets around them to fend off the day's frost, he was met with soft mewls in protest of the movement, his antics stirring her from peaceful dreams. 

Radiant, his mouth formed a goofy, lop-sided smile. 

These were the moments he lived for - where he saw her unfiltered, serene, pure. Here, she was another ordinary girl tucked in her bed, free of the natural stress that frazzled her nerves from her stint as an idol.

This was his personal source of happiness.