One

Heart Beats

Pairing: BomSoo
Word Count: 496


If I Had You


“Let go, Soo.”

Soft pleas laced with urgency fell unto his deafened ears, his groggy state fully capable of maintaining a tight grip on her slender wrist. Fluttering eyelids refused to compromise and adjust to the sunlight creeping through the dingy blinds of the shabby bedroom, his ears strained for further movement on her part.

Pale, plump lips twisted and scowled disapprovingly towards the roguish fiend preventing her attempts to escape, although, it would have been a false assumption to conclude she wished nothing of his scalding touch. And yet, desperately, brazenly, she yearned for him; his presence, skin and warmth incredibly intoxicating. Physical contact with the side of his palm would have subdued her uneasy heart.

Whipping out the ferocity of her tongue, she tilted her head and spewed mockery, “You have to get ready, birthday boy. You can’t disappoint your fans now, can you? After everything they have done for you…And not to mention your boys will kill you for missing out on all the fun.”

Rightfully stirred from the depths of his slumber, he groaned the lack of freedom on this celebratory day, his words and sentiments gritty, “I don’t owe anyone anything. Not today. They can’t take that away from me. They can’t take you away from me.” Childishly, he affirmed his statement with a tug to her arm, his objective to reel her in closer to his side as possible, but the bed proved a formidable opponent. She refused to accompany him in the disarrayed sheets, anyhow.

Beautiful features marred by a frown, she displayed her less than joyful countenance to his sight as she placed her head atop the edge of his bed, her need to flee greater than usual.

Once she met his bemused stare, however, she cracked, formed into a breathless ‘o’, fingers briskly threaded through clumps of his shaggy hair. Gently, she patted his head, her eyes crinkled in amusement as his sluggish figure burrowed into the heaps of linen, his hands stretched to her for an invitation of sorts.

“Soo,” Bom cooed, “You have to get ready. It’s almost four in the morning and you have to leave by five, don’t you?”

 Embodying the single-track mindset of a boy, he slurred and desisted from her persuasive sweet whispers, “I don’t care. I don’t care as long as you’re here.” Whilst huffing adamantly at her unwavering insistence, he proceeded to clumsily entwine their fingers.

“You’ll worry your fans.”

Cruel laughter echoed about the room. “Can’t I even spend my birthday the way I want it?”

“You chose this life, Soo.”

“And what’s that supposed to mean?”

Shrill, she breathed, “You don’t belong to me.” Pressing a chaste kiss to his lined head, she retracted her arm from his reach and departed from the room, his hands curled into fists in vexation. 

Screams ventured on the end of his tongue because she had not spoken wrong.

You don't belong to me.

He didn't even belong to himself. 


A/N: Not even sure if that made sense...

It was written for kyungsoo's birthday, ya know. it just went under some major editing today.

don't worry, the stories will get better, much better. that i promise.