"Big Frog"

Guilt and Forgiveness
The next day, Aaron said at the shrink's office.
"We're here to talk about the episode yesterday," the shrink said.
"I know you don't like to talk, as you have only said the words "hi", "yes" and "no" in this office, which makes you a bit boring in relation to the crazy guys who freaks out at me. You seem to be pretty normal." He leaned back in his leather chair and regarded Aaron.
Aaron lifted his head.
"I love to talk."
The shrink looked surprised. Aaron rarely said anything in school.
"I just don't want to waste my words."
"Now you sound like you look down upon me. Maybe because I still haven't found out why you are at this school. I can feel you want me to guess your problems, but you won't tell them yourself," the shrink said.
Aaron considered his situation. Maybe he really DID want to talk about the murder in the trench. Wanted somebody to tell him that it wasn't his fault.
"The boy called Gui Gui a ," he said, after thinking a bit.
The shrink got tense, feeling that this finally was working.
"Who's Gui Gui? A girl? I also heard the boy called you gay," the shrink said.
"Gui Gui is my..." He couldn't make himself say "friend". Who was he to call her his friend? He didn't deserve her friendship.
"Your girlfriend? She is not one of my clients."
"No! She's my classmate!" Aaron hurried to say. "The boy also called Jiro a retarded geek."
"Oh... Is Jiro also your classmate?"
"He's in the parallel class. He is Gui Gui's cousin."
"Back to what Lucas called you.."
"I don't care what he called me. He is not allowed to bother Gui Gui."
The shrink lifted his eyebrows. This was interesting.
"Will this happen again?" the shrink asked.
"No. I promised Gui Gui not to fight. And Jiro hate violence too."
"I think I know what's your problem," the shrink said. Aaron noticed that he looked like a big frog.
"You want the girl and her cousin to be happy, of some reason I don't know, but at the same time you won't let yourself be happy. You don't think you deserve it."
Aaron thought about that. It sounded a bit weird, but it made sense.
"If I now asked you if you wanted to win a sport competition, what would you then say?" The shrink looked at him.
The newspaper front-page with the headlines about Calvin and Chun popped into Aaron's head, and he shook his head.
"Well then. If I gave you a million dollars, what would you do with them?"
"Give them to Gui Gui," Aaron said without thinking. He was even surprised himself.
"Aha. That didn't surprise me," the Big Frog said, and lained back in his chair again.
"But if you've promised this Gui Gui girl, I will trust that you won't do it again. You also seem too sane." He yawned and gave him a hand sign that said "you can leave now".
Aaron walked kind of relieved, out of the door. He sat on a bench in the schoolyard and waited for Gui Gui and Jiro to finish class.
They were happy to hear that he didn't get any problems afterwards.

In the evening, the principal had called him and his parents for a meeting. Aaron thought it was about the episode yesterday, but he was wrong.
"We want to send Aaron to summer camp, along with some other students. Except for that little blooper yesterday, we think he can handle it," the principal said. Aaron's parents looked at each other. Was this positive?
"As he is one of the top five students in good behaviour."
'Good behaviour' - was this some kind of jail? Just because he wasn't crazy, meant that he was a premium student?
"We will of course only send him if he wants to himself," the principal said politely. Aaron sat and looked at the floor while thinking.
"Who is the other students?" he finally asked.
"There's one girl from your class, Wu Ying Jie, also known as Gui Gui by her friends. Then there is a boy, who is actually her cousin, called Jiro Wang, and..."
"I will go!" Aaron said, and smiled. His parents and the principal looked surprised at him, and then his parents looked happy at each other. They haven't seen Aaron smile for months.
"Well, some of the teachers from this school are going with the students from here. There will also be students from two other schools. Besides you, Mr. Wang and Miss Wu, there will also be another girl. Her name is Genie Cho. She is your senior, but she is our nicest and most sane student, and she always gets top grades. I hope she will be friendly to you," the principal finished.

***
I didn't actually plan for Genie to be in it, but I thought there should be another girl = two girls and two boys on camp. Guess which three girls and two boys that are coming from the other schools :P

Please comment, cause if you don't, I might not find inspiration to write again later.

God, it's hot outside... I want to stay inside xD

- Blitz