New troubles

Guilt and Forgiveness
LAST CHAPTER:
Jiro’s parents came back, and they waited in silence.
Finally, the doctor came out.

***

The doctor dried sweat from his forehead and looked around for a second, before he noticed them.
It was not possible to say if his expression was nervous, relieved or worried.
Genie got on her feet as fast as snow melting in a stove and ran to the doctor. Jiro’s parents also got up from the chairs and looked more worried than before. Gui Gui lifted her head from Aaron’s shoulder, and Aaron felt his stomach become a knot that not even the best scout could untie.
“Is he okay? Did he survive? Please say nothing happened to him!” Genie said shrill through her tears. Jiro’s parents looked like they wanted to say something, but couldn’t get a word from their open mouths.
“Calm down, calm down,” the doctor said, and patted Genie on the shoulder.
“The surgery was successful. He’ll need a lot of rehabilitation, blood clots in the brain are very serious, but we think he’ll make it. He needs to stay here for…”
More the doctor didn’t manage to say before Genie had hugged him in relieve and was about to run into the surgery room if not Gui Gui (her and Aaron also stood up now) had stopped her. Genie also hugged her and Aaron, and both of Jiro’s parents, who had also got tears in their eyes from happiness. Aaron could feel the knot in his stomach untie, and Gui Gui smiled happily.
“Can I visit him? Please?!” Genie begged the doctor.
“He needs time to rest and he is still in anaesthesia, you have to wait,” the doctor said firmed.
“We can’t be really sure before he wakes up, we’ve never tried to make this surgery on an autist before, so we are a bit worried.”
Genie’s expression was impossible to read, partly because it was totally covered in tears and her eyes were red and swollen, and partly because she didn’t seem to know how to interpret the doctor’s words.
“Exactly,” Jiro’s mom asked, “is our son okay or not?”
“Nothing went wrong during the surgery, but due to his… condition, we have to wait and see ‘til he wakes up,” the doctor answered.
“The boy’s sister can visit him as soon as he does,” he continued, and smiled to Genie.
“He doesn’t have a sister,” Jiro’s dad said. Genie blinked her eyes like she didn’t understand.
“Oh, sorry about that. Are you his girlfriend then?” the doctor asked Genie.
“I… I’m…” she stammered through her tears that were still flowing.
“It’s just because, even when he was unconscious, he kept on saying the name ‘Genie’, and I thought it was you since you were so dissolved in tears,” he said. “Which is of cause understandable!” he hurried to add, when he saw Genie’s expression.
“He… he said my name?” Genie hiccupped. She suddenly got calm and followed the others to the waiting room while the nurses took Jiro back to his ward.
“Aaron,” Gui Gui said to Aaron, when they sat a little away from the others.
“Do you know if… Jiro likes Genie?” she asked. “It’s just, I know Genie likes Jiro a lot, and you saw her reaction to this yourself, and me and Genie had talked a lot about it, but she doesn’t have the courage to say it out, so I wondered if Jiro has said anything about this to you?” she said in one breath, like she had been very nervous about it. She also blushed right after. Aaron remembered his conversation with Jiro before biology class. But even if Jiro hadn’t said it, it would be obvious to everyone.
“Why are you blushing?” he asked.
“Nothing,” she said, and looked normal again. “I’m just worried about Jiro, and suddenly thought about this. You know, if something happened to him…” Her breath became more troubled. “…then it would maybe be good for her – them – to know.”
“Isn’t it obvious? He actually told me a few days ago, but therapy-talk make you very aware of other people’s body language – it isn’t hard to figure out at all,” Aaron said.
Gui Gui seemed relieved.
“Should we tell her?” she asked. “We should try to get them together!”
Aaron laughed.
“Do you want to play match maker?” he said. “I think we should wait and see. We can force them to have as much time together as possible.”
“I think it’s weird that those two who are so deeply in love, can’t figure out that the other feels the same,” Gui Gui said, and smiled.
Aaron looked deeply at her.
“Year…” he said, and watched her, when she confused looked back at him.
“Why are you staring at me in that way?” she asked. Now it was Aaron’s turn to shake his head and say “nothing”.

Jiro was fine. That was the first message the doctor gave after Jiro woke up. Genie jumped up and down in happiness, Gui Gui hugged Aaron under influence of the same mood-state, and Jiro’s parents smiled relieved and rushed to the ward with the others right after.
Jiro smiled when they came in, and Genie immediately embraced him and sobbed onto his chest.
Aaron thought of one of his earlier thoughts.
“Doctor, is he going to be just like before? I mean… is he still going to be an autist?” he asked the doctor.
“Yes he is. It isn’t possible to make a surgery that could both save his life and cure him from autism. Did you notice his state earlier?” the doctor said interested.
“Yes I did,” Aaron said. “He was surprisingly calm and clear-minded.”
“Did you ever consider a career as a doctor? You seem to be smart enough,” the doctor said and winked before he walked out of the ward.
A doctor? Weren’t doctors supposed to save people’s lives instead of murdering them?
“Aaron!” Jiro called.
Aaron walked over to his bed.
“I’m still going to bully you about Gui Gui!” he said teasing. Genie and Gui Gui immediately started giggling. Giggling should be forbidden by law.
Aaron’s mobile phone rang.
“Hello?” he answered.
“It’s Xiao Gui,” a cold voice answered to Aaron’s surprise.
“How did you get my number?” Aaron said, and walked a little away from the others.
“I warn you again. You ran off last time, but you can’t keep on doing that.”
“How is that any of your business?!” Aaron started to get angry.
“I will get what I want, and a smurf like you can’t get in my way,” Xiao Gui said, still coldly.
“Don’t you think our names matches? Xiao Gui and Gui Gui. It won’t be a problem to turn her mind a little so she won’t be that tactful and obedient,” he continued.
“You can’t tell her!” Aaron said as loud as he could without the others becoming suspicious.
“I will. It will be very easy for you, I think. After I tell her, she’ll call you on the phone, then there’s nothing else to do than break up and hand her over to me,” Xiao Gui said fluent.
Aaron was silent in worries.

***
Yay, new chap :D
Thanks for all your nice comments!!! Please please please keep on commenting <3 I love readers, but love commenters even more :D
- Blitz