Doubt

Guilt and Forgiveness
Sam should stay for two weeks. The first days she spent chatting with Aaron and wondering why he had changed so much. His parents sent hopeful gazes towards them, but were disappointed when they saw that Aaron didn’t change.
“Aaron, isn’t it nice to have Sam back? You and her have always been so good friends,” his mother tried one day at dinner.
Sam smiled at Aaron.
“It’s fine,” he answered.
“I’ve missed you all so much!” Sam said, and ignored Aaron’s comment.
“It’s so good to be back, I’m already sad that I have to go home soon.”
“We’re also glad for having you back,” Aaron’s father said.
Aaron continued eating. His parents never talked about him, but he knew they thought about him. Not proud or happy thoughts, only worried. They hardly dared to ask how his day had been, and just sometimes sighed when they looked at his indifferent face.
“I was surprised by your friend, that one, ‘Ghost’…?” Sam said.
“Gui Gui!” Aaron suddenly said loud, stopped eating and gave Sam a killer-gaze.
“Take it easy! I just asked,” she said.
His parents looked worried at each other. Aaron didn’t continue eating, but looked at Sam eating with a hard gaze.
Sam soon noticed him.
“What’s with you? You’re acting so… strange…” she said, with food stuffed in .
“Don’t. EVER. Call her anything else than Gui Gui or Wu Ying Jie in the future,” Aaron said with a cold voice.
“Wu Ying Jie?” Sam looked surprised at him. His parents did too.
“That’s her real name,” Aaron said.
“Why doesn’t she use it? It’s WAY nicer than Gho…”
Aaron cut her of.
“EVER!”
“Okay okay,” Sam said, and shrugged her shoulders. As she always just did.

One day, when Aaron was reading while Samia surfed around the internet, the door bell rang.
Aaron heard his mother open the door.
“Hello? Can I help you?”
“Is Aaron home?” he heard Gui Gui’s voice.
Aaron got to his feet and ran out of his room to the door. Sam followed him curiously.
He smiled bright when he saw Gui Gui.
“Aaron!” she said, took of her shoes and walked to him.
Both his mother, Sam and his father (who sat and red the paper in the kitchen), looked surprised at them, as Gui Gui hugged Aaron with a “long time no see”, and Aaron smiled back.
“Let me introduce you. This is my mother, and there is my father,” Aaron said happily, as the gaping people around them stood like frozen.
“And I’ve already met Samia, or Sam…” she said, and scowled at Samia, who finally woke up and smiled at her.
“Let’s go back to Aaron’s room!” Samia said. “I just found a video I think you’ll like, Gui Gui…” She started walking towards Aaron’s room again, and Gui Gui hesitating followed. She had never been to Aaron’s room before.
“Aaron, why don’t you make some tea?” his mother asked, also awake again.
“Oh… Yes…” Aaron said. Now that Gui Gui was here, he could maybe get away from Sam’s non-stop blabbering.
He had no problems at remembering how it had been last summer when Sam visited them, but that was past now. She had become annoying, and he couldn’t go back to that past anyway.
The girls walked to his room while he boiled water and took some tea leaves into a pot. He placed the pot with tea together with some mugs on a tray.
Samia and Gui Gui sat in Aaron’s room.
“Why has Aaron changed so much?” Samia asked in a cold tone.
“Changed? He has been like this all the time I’ve known him,” Gui Gui answered.
“I didn’t mean over-all. I mean, why did he suddenly change when he saw you?”
“Did he change when he saw me?” Gui Gui asked wondering. And maybe hoping.
“Don’t answer with a question. The moment he heard your voice, he became all smiling and happy out of sudden. What is your relationship?” Sam asked louder.
“We’re friends and classmates,” Gui Gui answered hard. How she wished she could say they were lovers.
“It better be so. Aaron is mine,” Samia said. This shocked Gui Gui.
“And what gives you right to say that?” Gui Gui asked, while she tried to sound hard, which wasn’t as successful as she would wish.
“We only broke up because I had to go to America last year,” Samia said, and got a victory look on her face when she saw Gui Gui’s reaction.
“So – you were his girlfriend…?” Gui Gui had forgotten every thought about sounding harsh.
“Yes, and you better stay away from him.”
Just in this moment, Aaron came in with the tray with the tea. The girls became quiet, but Samia sent Gui Gui a hard gaze, which Gui Gui replied with a just as evil gaze.
Aaron looked from one to another, and wondered why they suddenly kept silent when he came in. What had they been talking about?
“So… Gui Gui, you and Aaron are classmates?” Samia asked, like nothing had happened. Gui Gui could play that game too.
“Year, we’ve just been on summer camp with some students from some other schools. That was SO much fun, wasn’t it?” Gui Gui looked at Aaron, who looked confused at them while pouring tea. All those hours of therapy made him able to sense the hate and coldness between them and in their voices.
“Yes… Yes it was,” he answered hesitating. Maybe it wasn’t a good thing that Gui Gui came by at this moment. Sam was annoying, but she was still one of his best friends. He didn’t want her to dislike Gui Gui, or the other way around.
He gave Gui Gui and Samia a cup of tea each, and sat down with his own at a chair.
“Really? What did you do then?” Samia asked.
“Bathed in the sea, played ball games, plucked strawberry, tied bracelets and a lot of other things. Look, I have like, ten bracelets on each arm!” Gui Gui showed her right wrist, where she had more than ten homemade bracelets on. Sam looked disapproving at them, but changed her expression to suppressed envy, when Gui Gui made Aaron show his wrist too.
“We forced the boys to wear them too, and the teachers, because we couldn’t wear all those us selves,” Gui Gui said. Aaron looked at his wrist, where he had around five different bracelets. Two of them were twisted, the other three were straight.
“I made the four of them, and Genie made the last. We were the only ones who dared to make bracelets for him, the other girls were kind of scared of his cold attitude,” she continued. Sam’s envy now was more obvious.
Aaron smiled by the thought, and looked at Gui Gui, who smiled back.
“Who is Genie then?” Sam asked without any touch of a smile. Aaron noticed her expression. It wasn’t his meaning to make her angry or sad.
“She’s our senior at school, very friendly. And she made like, eight bracelets for Jiro!” Gui Gui said.
“Oh yes, I remember your cousin often was a victim for the bracelet-fabric, because everybody wanted to give them to him,” Aaron said. He felt like he should help Sam too, now that he had helped Gui Gui. Experience by being the most popular at school for many years had taught him, that choosing side in a case like this wasn’t a good idea. He should let them know each other at first.
“Sam, have you ever been at a summer camp?” he asked. Sam suddenly smiled, and answered happily, that she had not, but she wanted to.
Aaron suddenly thought of something. If he was forced to choose, who would then be his choice between Gui Gui and Sam? Sam was his ex-girlfriend, but they only broke up because she had to travel away. Now, she was a bit annoying, but he could feel that she cared for him. Gui Gui… He knew he loved her more than Sam, but he couldn’t allow himself to do it. She was for God’s sake the twin sister to the girl he had murdered. And he had lied to her all along. Or, maybe not directly lied, but he hadn’t told the truth to her. He hadn’t told anybody.
Gui Gui and Sam tried to chat without showing how much they were opponents, while Aaron sank deeper and deeper into his own thought and questions, that didn’t have an answer.

***
Sorry for the wait for this chap, my mom took “my” internet, but now I’m back from summerhouse and can use the wireless internet constantly xD
Guess now who the first person Aaron kissed was. :P
Sam is getting more evil. And Aaron is in doubt. And Gui Gui won’t give up to Sam. (But what about Genie and Jiro? xD Lol, sorry that none of them were in this chap)
Hope you’ll comment *please please please* =D
- Blitz