Truth or Dare

Guilt and Forgiveness
LAST CHAPTER:
Just when he had laid his arms around her too, someone actually came by.
---
When they heard something, or someone, rattle in the bushes, they both hurried to get on their feet, and looked away from each other. They both blushed.
The people who came out from the bush were the erted guy from Wang Zi’s school, Casper, and the two other guys from his school. They looked at the scenery with a mix of surprise and suspiciousness. Jiro was still busy finding bugs.
“What are you doing?” Casper asked curious. “Why are you both blushing?”
“We’re not!” Aaron and Gui Gui quickly said at the same time. They looked at each other, but then looked away again.
“Really? Then another question; why are your clothes dirty?” he asked again. He clearly didn’t believe them.
“Because… We were catching bugs!” Gui Gui explained away. “Look, Jiro is still searching!”
Jiro, who had just caught a big grasshopper, looked up when his name was mentioned. As he sat a little away, he hadn’t followed the conversation, and hadn’t even noticed that Casper and the others had arrived.
He got on his feet and walked over to them.
“Look, Gui Gui, I caught a big one!” he said proud, and showed the grasshopper to her.
“It’s great, Jiro,” she said. Casper looked like he could accept the excuse, and looked bored therefore.
“It is called a grasshopper, Jiro,” Aaron said, still with slightly shaking legs. He was happy that Casper hadn’t got any suspicions.
“Grasshopper… Can you spell it?”

The last days at the summer camp passed by without anything especially interesting happened. Wang Zi looked a bit depressed, but he didn’t talk to Gui Gui, and didn’t seem to be mad at Aaron. The terrace in the tree was done, so a lot of time was spent there, when the teachers didn’t force them to join diverse activities and lessons, and when they weren’t on the beach or playing ball games. Jiro was happy, and seemed relaxed (when he was not hyper by drinking too much coffee, which he had got a taste of since they got it served every morning and after dinner). Gui Gui told Aaron, that by being an autist, he had a very hard time to feel secure in new and unknown places, and bind together with other people, but she was very happy that he had already done that to Aaron. And as the summer camp passed, he also seemed to have a thing for Genie.

The last evening and night was dedicated to bonfire. The teachers let the students control it themselves, so there was a party-like mood. It was only twilight when they started, about two hours after dinner, but the kitchen had made dough to toast over the fire, and Casper and some other guys had in some way smuggled beer with them. The teachers just sat in the dining room so they could hurry to the bonfire if something happened, but they didn’t observe the students.
They all sat down around the fire, and some started to twist dough around some sticks, and started toasting it over the fire. Aaron sat between Gui Gui and Jiro, and Genie sat on Jiro’s other side. Wang Zi sat on the other side of the bonfire, and they could soon notice that he was very busy drinking beer.
Gui Gui expressed her worries about this, but Aaron just nodded. He would’ve done the same thing just a few months ago, if he had had some beer at that time.
It got darker, and when the only thing that threw light on their faces was the fire, Calvin asked if they should play Truth or Dare, supported by Chun. They had both intensely studied the relationship between Aaron and Gui Gui for a long time, just like Genie, and now decided to get some answers. Nobody was against the idea, so Calvin started:
“Wang Zi, truth or dare?” he asked, and looked at Wang Zi. He found out that it would be impossible to get a proper answer from him, as he was already drunk and spoke incoherent. Gui Gui looked guilty.
Calvin therefore turned his question to someone else.
“Genie, truth or dare?”
Genie said without hesitating:
“Dare.”
“Well… Then…” He noticed who she sat next to, and said:
“Kiss Jiro!”
Genie blushed, and Jiro at first didn’t understand what Calvin had just said, not because of the sentence itself, more that he was a bit too shocked.
“Come on! Else, you have to drink a whole bottle of beer,” Chun pressed on. Jiro looked frightened at Genie, who quickly kissed him on the cheek.
“Hey, that isn’t enough!” Casper said teasing. Genie was fast to talk back, as always.
“Nobody said where the kiss should be!”
When nobody else complained, Genie tried to ignore that she blushed, and asked another:
“Then Casper, truth or dare?”
“Hm… Dare,” he also chose.
“Then you can kiss Calvin on the mouth!” Double revenge.
Casper looked shocked.
“Calvin?! But he’s a… he’s a boy!” he complained.
“Then you can choose to be a sissy and drink beer instead,” Genie said. Aaron, Gui Gui and many others laughed. Jiro was still in shock, but soon regained conscience. A war had started.
Both Calvin and Casper looked disgusted.
“What if I don’t want to?” Calvin tried.
“Then you can join the Sissy Club and drink with Casper,” Gui Gui said. Aaron suddenly wanted to use an evil trick.
“Maybe you’ve done something earlier in your life that could justify why you have to take this punishment. And maybe it’s a gracious punishment,” he said in a cold tone. He didn’t really know why he said this, but it somehow felt good to see all color fade away from Calvin’s face. The others just thought it was an intern joke, and laughed again. Casper pulled himself together, and hurried to aunt-kiss Calvin on the lips. Everybody rejoiced, and it was Casper’s turn to ask.
He had got some interest in the Genie-Jiro thing, and also wanted revenge over Genie, so he asked Jiro.
Jiro should be the least suitable person for such a game, as he had a hard time taking fast decisions, but he had fun playing it and listening to others. He decided just to follow the crowd and chose Dare.
“Well then…” Casper looked like he was planning some evil deed. He whispered something to Calvin, who whispered back. They looked like two evil partners when Casper said:
“Jiro, touch Genie’s leg and for at least ten seconds.”
There was completely silent around the fire, until some of the other guys started cheering.
Jiro was about to grab a bottle of beer, but Gui Gui hold him back.
“It can harm your brain, Jiro,” she said in a low voice.
“But…” Jiro said, a bit higher.
“Yes, !” Casper said. Calvin had got the color back in his face.
“I will count! Unless you’re a sissy,” he said.
Aaron took the word for Jiro.
“He can’t choose to drink; it can injure his brain seriously. This is not fair, and Gui Gui also doesn’t want anything to happen to her cousin.”
Calvin turned pale a little when getting reminded that Jiro was Gui Gui’s cousin, and therefore also Emma’s, but Casper seemed to overhear what Aaron said. The other girls giggled and glanced at Genie, who had blushed again. Chun was already busy with eating his bread.
Casper walked towards Jiro, forced him to hold his hands the places he had commanded, and started counting, soon with company from all the others (of course except for Aaron, Gui Gui and Chun, who was busy eating). Genie looked away, so did Jiro, but first when it was over, they could also laugh of it.
Then it was Jiro’s turn to ask.
“Aaron, truth or dare?”
Aaron thought a little, and then said:
“Truth.”
“Yay! Then I’ll ask you, have you ever kissed someone?”
Had this guy wanted to ask this since the morning after the girls slept in the boys’ dorm? It seemed so, and he looked expectant at Aaron.
“Yes,” Aaron answered.
“Uuuuuh…” the crowd participated.
“Who?” Jiro asked. Gui Gui blushed, but Aaron kept his face emotionless, even though his mind was a mess. Should he really tell this?
“Say it, or the bottle waits – if not it also damages your brain,” Calvin said.
“How many times?” Jiro asked, as he didn’t get an answer on the previous question.
“Two times,” Aaron said. Gui Gui looked surprised at him, but also with some nondescript in her gaze.
“Same person?” Jiro asked again.
“N…No,” Aaron answered again. Gui Gui’s gaze became more nondescript, and she turned her head away. Aaron wished he could’ve answered “yes”.
“I know who it is!” Wang Zi said blurred, and sat with a bottle in his hand. Gui Gui shoke her head begging while looking at him, but Wang Zi didn’t notice it.
“I saw him kiss Gui Gui!”
Everyone became silent, some was surprised, some was shocked, and some – like Genie and some other girls – looked happily surprised. Calvin and Chun must’ve been the most shocked, and looked from Gui Gui to Aaron and back again.
Jiro was in the happy slash surprised group. He and Genie exchanged informed gazes.
“What about the other then?” Casper asked.
“Shouldn’t it only be Jiro who was allowed to ask questions?” Aaron asked, a bit awkward. Everyone looked at him in a new kind of light.
“I don’t want to ask more now, Aaron!” Jiro said, as he probably didn’t need to know more – he had got to know what was interesting for him. Even though both Gui Gui and Genie looked like they wanted to know the answer to Casper’s question, they didn’t say anything.
Aaron got some spontaneous evil thoughts into his head again. He didn’t know why he had turned into this devil-mood tonight, but he really wanted to harm someone – mentally, of course.
Wang Zi had fallen backwards (unconscious) again, but he wasn’t the target.
“Chun, truth or dare?”
“Truth,” Chun answered. Ella, Selina and Hebe had excitedly followed the whole game, and were now gossiping.
“Have you done anything really bad in your life, that you’d wish you haven’t done?” Aaron asked. The most of the others thought it was a weird question, but both Calvin and Chun turned pale. The wanted effect.
“W-what kind of question is this?” Chun tried to talk around.
“A question you can’t lie to, as you chose ‘truth’,” Aaron said coldly. Gui Gui looked worried at him. He didn’t use to be like this.
“And you won’t answer ‘no’, will you?” he continued.
“What’s with you tonight? Don’t talk this way,” Gui Gui whispered to him.
“I talk the way I want,” he said hard, and tightened his grasp on the stick he toasted his bread on.
“I don’t know what you’re talking about!” Chun said. His gaze wandered.
“Don’t you?” He tightened his grasp more.
“No! Stop being so frightening, stop making fun! Just because it’s dark, don’t start on these kinds of scary things,” Chun nearly shouted. The audience to this scene was confused. They doubted if Aaron was making fun, or if he was serious. After all, they didn’t know why he was in the special school.
Aaron broke the stick. It made a loud sound in the silent night. Even Gui Gui looked frightened now, and laid a calming hand on his shoulder, but it was too late; it was like a devil had gone into him.
He still talked in the same, cold tone.
“You mean ghost stories? Great. I can tell one. About a girl, whose name isn’t to be mentioned. Do you know what I talk about now?”
“Yes! Okay, Yes! I’ve done something I’d wish I hadn’t done! Stop asking now, okay?” Chun said, in a truly frightened way. Calvin also looked kind of shocked; none of them had seen this attack coming.
“What’s wrong with you? Do you have mental problems or something? What in hell are you talking about?” Casper said.
Aaron still looked hard and cold at Chun and Calvin, but softened when Gui Gui said to him:
“Aaron, please sit down. Don’t be this way,” in a truly concerned tone. Aaron hadn’t even noticed that he had got on his feet.
He sat down again, and Ella tried to lift the mood that had now sunk down over them.
“Well… I think ghost stories are a good idea! I can start with the story about ‘The Axe Murderer’…”
Great. More murderers. Now he could relate to this story.
Aaron didn’t speak for the rest of the evening, but followed Wang Zi’s example and drank, even though Gui Gui, Jiro and Genie tried to keep him from it.

***
Baaaaack with new (looooong) chapter :D
I hope I’m not losing readers…? Please comment, if you’re there! It would make me very happy!
Who is it Aaron has kissed before? Maybe you’ll get to know in next chapter…
- Blitz