Fiancée

Guilt and Forgiveness
Aaron and Gui Gui were about 30 meters from the beach out in the water, even though it only reached them to their stomachs (a bit higher on Gui Gui than on Aaron), before Gui Gui told Aaron to stop. It was now impossible for Genie and Jiro to hear what they were talking about, but they were happily chatting themselves anyway, even though Genie often shortly looked at them.
“Aaron, I need to tell you why Wang Zi is acting like this. It isn’t actually because he really likes me, he just thinks so.”
Aaron looked at her without changing his emotion. He had finally realized how much he loved Gui Gui, and he didn’t want anybody else to have her, even though he couldn’t let himself be with her, but she was the person who dragged him out of the dark when he was about to be really insane about himself. But how could he ever repay her? Both about her kind of saving his life, but also about how much he had hurt her without her knowing it.
“Wang Zi was my sister’s fiancée,” Gui Gui said, and looked down. Aaron was chocked. He hadn’t expect this to come. Now he also owed Wang Zi.
“Wang Zi… in his mind, he mistakes me for my sister, because he misses her so much. He only seeks comfort from me, and I know that, but he thinks he loves me because I look like my sister. I need to tell him to stay away from me from now,” she said. She had tears in her eyes, and started to cry.
“I miss Emma so much…” she nearly only whispered, and hugged Aaron. Surprised as well as not knowing what to do, Aaron laid his arms around her too, to comfort her.
“I’m sorry,” he said.
She looked up.
“Why are you saying you’re sorry? It’s not your fault.”
Should she absolutely say that sentence? Aaron suddenly felt like his head was about to explode, but closed his eyes and hugged Gui Gui harder to avoid the pain.
“Why are you acting so strange?” she asked, and looked worried at him.
“I… I…” Aaron stammered, but couldn’t form a sentence.
“Are you feeling sick?”
“N-no… I need a dip,” he said, lose his grab in Gui Gui and walked a few meters away before he dived into the water. It felt amazing. It was like all his worried were washed away.
When he couldn’t hold his breath anymore, he got up from the water again. Gui Gui was right in front of him.
“Now I have another reason why you’re in the special school,” she said. “When everyone else always blabber and talk about their oh-so-horrible feelings, you always hide them but try to pull them of in some other way. Be it working or swimming.”
She hit the bull’s eye. He hadn’t even thought about that himself, but when he heard Gui Gui say it, he realized how true it was.
He tried to take on a more relaxed emotion.
“I also know why you’re here. Because you have an frightening ability to look right through people,” he said.
“You know the reason why I’m here.”
Silence for a bit.
“Yes, but you can still be the most open and happy person in my circle of friends.”
He named himself her friend? Now he had gone mad.
“Thank you,” she said, and looked down in the water again. “It means a lot to have you and Jiro. And Genie. I would in any case choose you in front of anyone else. You don’t say a lot, but you do your best to help people, and when you finally say something, you never waste your words. I will tell Wang Zi not to confuse me with my sister. I’m sure he will get mad at me. Will you and Jiro be there to protect me if he gets out of control?” she asked.
“He is not an animal, but yes, you can always count on us insane persons from the special school to protect you.”
Gui Gui was still laughing when they came back to the beach, where Jiro and Genie awaited them, the last mentioned with a smirk.

The next day, Gui Gui decided to confront Wang Zi with what she had decided to tell him. Aaron and Jiro followed them on distance, they didn’t want Wang Zi to see them, and hided behind a big tree when Gui Gui and Wang Zi stopped in a glade in the forest.
“Wang Zi, I need to tell you not to confuse me with my sister. I know you miss her like hell, and I do too. But please don’t think you love me by the reason that I look like her.”
Wang Zi stood like frozen, but then his eyes got tearful.
“Could a rejection be clearer?” he asked.
“You don’t love me, and I only love you like a brother. You should realize that too.”
Wang Zi got a nondescript look in his eyes.

***
Sorry, I know this is a really short chapter, but I need to wake up early tomorrow. I’m very sorry to tell that I can’t update the next 2-3 days, as I’m going on a short vacation with my family :/
But please leave a comment :D

- Blitz