Thunder

Guilt and Forgiveness
LAST CHAPTER:

They sat outside the house and drank some water, when Wang Zi came over.
"Gui Gui, do you want to play tennis with me?" he asked.
Gui Gui looked at Aaron, and saw the hatred in his eyes.

***

And this is NOT rated xD

***
Gui Gui looked like she didn’t know what to do, and looked from one to another. Finally, she said:
“N-no, thank you Wang Zi, but I think I should help in the kitchen to prepare dinner and stuff…”
“Then I will help you!” Aaron and Wang Zi said at the same time. They looked at each other, and then both looked hard at Gui Gui.
“No, I want to do it myself,” she said determined, and walked inside the house. Which left Aaron and Wang Zi alone with each other outside.
Wang Zi looked at Aaron.
“How well do you know Gui Gui?” he said in a hard tone.
“She’s my classmate. She and Jiro are…” He was about to say “my best friends”, but changed it.
“The persons I know the best.”
“Really? But she’s also one of the persons I know the best. I truly miss her sister,” he said, and Aaron could watch tears in his eyes. He blinked them away.
Aaron couldn’t say anymore; here was another person he had hurt. He nearly couldn’t bear it anymore.
“I have to do something,” he said, and walked away. To the strawberry fields. Wang Zi looked at him as he left.

The next three days were just as hot as the first; Ella, Selina, Hebe, Genie and Gui Gui voluntary woke up at five o’clock in the morning to help the farmer milk the cows. The other four girls saved their energy to play sports the whole days, while Ella, Selina and Hebe practiced dancing and singing with their teachers (the boys from their school were occasionally at these events, at least those of them who studied the same subjects), and Genie and Gui Gui walked around and chatted with people and each other. They had become really good friends.
Regarding the boys; Aaron, Chun, Calvin and Jiro were leaders in the terrace project. Jiro and Chun were primary the muscles, while Calvin was the brain. Aaron just tried to work as much as possible, to distract his own thoughts. He felt a kind of freedom when he could leave all the brainwork to others and just tire his body to death.
The art boys shifted between chatting with the girls, taking dance lessons, play sports and help with the terrace. Chun, Calvin, Jiro and Aaron also sometimes joined them to play basket and football, but Aaron and Wang Zi tried to a certain extent to avoid each other. None of the boys seemed to notice, but Genie did. She actually observed Aaron very carefully.
They hadn’t went bathing yet, even though everybody wanted to, but the farmer said he wanted them to wait for next week. He didn’t tell them why. Maybe he just liked control.

On the fifth day it started to rain. Not only rain, but storm.
They all spent the day inside. The dining room was arranged as room for drawing, painting, playing cards and board games or just chatting. Jiro immediately attended painting, and stunned everybody who hadn’t already seen his paintings before. The teachers from the art school were ecstatic, and wanted him to transfer to their school straight away, and were then told that Jiro was an autist. They looked surprised, as they had found him just as normal as the others.
The three girls from the art school entertained with singing, and Wang Zi painted with the other guys from the art school. He was talented, but not as good as Jiro.
Gui Gui chatted a lot with Wang Zi while he was painting. It was impossible to talk with Jiro while he worked.
Chun and Calvin dragged Aaron with them to play Poker, and the other girls from their school had a kind of beauty salon, which made the whole room stink of burned hair (from the tools that made the hair either straight or curly) and girl-tittering. Aaron was happy that Gui Gui wasn’t like that, even though that would be better than her chatting with Wang Zi in that happy way. Wang Zi seemed really happy too, and occasionally smirked at Aaron.
Genie joined them in playing Poker, and surprised everybody with her talent for it. She won every single match. She watched Aaron every time he looked at Gui Gui and Wang Zi, like she wanted to find signs of him being jealous. She sure found. Aaron was once about to lose his temper, when Gui Gui laughed especially loud at one of Wang Zi’s jokes. He got on his feet with a furious look in his face, but Genie, who knew about the “Aaron-beating-Lucas”-incident, made him calm down before he managed to do something. She helped him to hide it, by asking him if his headache worked up again. And that was true.
In the afternoon, the teachers from Aaron’s own school taught them about psychology. Everybody was silent and concentrated during the lessons, and they seemed to be very interested. This time, Gui Gui sat next to Aaron. Aaron could see that Wang Zi sometimes looked at them, but Aaron wouldn’t condescend to gloat like he did. Actually, he didn’t want to anyway, as he now also felt he owed Wang Zi something. Wang Zi had known Emma, and missed her. Aaron felt it was his fault.
They didn’t bother to stay up late for the storm to stop, as it seemed to be longer-lasting. They walked to bed around 10 o’clock, but already half an hour later, the boys could hear screams and loud voices from the girl’s dorm. The voices moved to the entrance, and teachers’ voices were blended into it, probably trying to calm all the confused girls down.
This didn’t become easier when all the boys hurried outside their own dorm to watch what was happening, but at last, everybody was silent.
“We have a huge problem. A lightning has in some way done a flood in the girls’ dormitory, and it can’t be fixed tonight.”
Silence.
"So, as the girls can't sleep in their own dorm because of the storm, they have to sleep in the boys' dorm," the teacher said, obviously with resentment.
"But... Then we need one bed more," Jiro said.
"Then one of the girls have to sleep with a boy," the boy called Casper said, and lifted his eyebrows.
"I suggest Aaron and Gui Gui!" Genie said.
More silence. Aaron didn’t dare to look around. When he finally looked up, he saw Gui Gui blushing and sending painful glances to Genie. Wang Zi looked like he didn’t understood what had just been said.
The teacher finally took the word again:
“Does anybody have objections?”
Wang Zi looked like he had, but it would be a little embarrassing to say them. Aaron felt like that too. It was impossible for him to sleep in the same bed – just the symbolism in it – with the girl whose sister he had murdered. But at the moment, he couldn’t open his mouth.
Jiro smiled.
“Why would anybody have a problem?” he said innocently. “It’s better than someone sleeping at the floor, I think.”
Genie smiled encouraging to Gui Gui, whose gaze had locked at the floor. She seemed not to know what to say either.
“Then it’s decided. Miss Wu can sleep in Mr. Yan’s bed. Behave.” He was a man of few words. As he, followed by the other teachers, left the room, all the students walked to the boy’s dorm in silence. After a little time, some of the teachers came back with duvets and pillows, so the girls didn’t have to walk through the water to get their sleeping-bags.
The others looked at Gui Gui and Aaron at regular intervals. It felt really awkward, but Genie walked around and smiled like she had just done a good deed, and winked at Gui Gui occasionally, and Gui Gui smiled back, which made Aaron surprised. What was there to smile over?
As the other prepared to go to sleep, Aaron and Gui Gui stood at either side of Aaron’s bed. Gui Gui finally pulled herself together.
“I don’t think you’ll need your sleeping-bag. You will die from heat when we also have the duvet.”
Aaron obediently took his sleeping-bag away, and stuffed it into his bag. When he looked up again, Gui Gui had already arranged the bed. He remembered the last word the teacher had said; Behave. Did he actually think they would do something like that?!
“Goodnight!” Jiro shouted through the room, and the others had also gone to bed already. Someone turned off the light.
When Aaron and Gui Gui finally lied next to each other, they couldn’t move at all, and laid with the backs turned to each other. Not that the bed was too narrow, at all, but they both didn’t know what to do, or how to fell asleep in this way.
Jiro started to whistle, of some reason, until someone shouted at him to stop.

***
O M G loooong chapter which took a looooong time to write xD
Hope you enjoyed it. If you want to read more good stories, try these:
Love’s Melody by Gril4Life – www.winglin.net/fanfic/Gril4Life
Falling for my Fake Girlfriend by Blitz (me) and Gril4Life – www.winglin.net/fanfic/Fake_Girlfriend

Pleaaase (x1000) write a comment :D

- Blitz