Strawberry fields

Guilt and Forgiveness
They had the following day free to do as they wanted, and explore the area.
I the forest, they found a huge tree, really really old, which they could climb in. Jiro was first at the top, soon accompanied by Chun and Calvin. Aaron reached them before Wang Zi.
The other three boys had went to the farmer and the teacher to ask, if they could borrow some planks and build a terrace in the tree. As the teachers thought it was a good, constructive idea (and a good practice in group work, and so on...), they gave permission, and the farmer showed them where they could find the stuff.
All eight boys started to work. Some started to build the terrace in the tree, while the others helped to hoist the planks, nails and screws up to them.
Aaron took the job to carry it all from the barn into the forest. Jiro helped a little in the start, before he climbed up the tree again, but after that Aaron did it alone. He was actually happy about that. It gave a kind of release that he could use all his powers to drag the heavy stuff, so he didn't have time to think about, what he didn't want to think about.
The others were impressed that he didn't ask for help, and did the job so fast.
Chun and Calvin didn't say much to him, as they felt awkward. But they still thought they owed him something, so they never asked him to do anything and was the first to help whenever he seemed to need it, and if he told them to go away, they did it immediately. They tried to avoid Gui Gui in the start, which made her think that she had done something wrong, but when Aaron told them to be friendly to her, they at least tried. Even though it cost them a lot of self-persuasion, but it was the first time since then he asked them for something.
When they were called to lunch, they could calculate that it would take at least a week to finish the terrace, as they still had a lot of activities, and wanted to do other things than working.
They sat down at the table, and Wang Zi took the first possible change to talk with Gui Gui. He sat down between her and Aaron.
"Aaron, you look ill..?" Jiro said beside him, truly concerned.
"Nothing, Jiro, just a headache," he answered. As much as he wanted to punch Wang Zi to the ground, just as much couldn't he allow himself to think that he had the rights to Gui Gui's company.

When the other guys played football after lunch, Aaron walked around in the place i front of the building, until he at last sat down at a table, and leaned his head to his arm.
The girls had been all the morning at the seesaw and the stable, where they helped by feeding the animals. Now they were all playing tennis, led by the two girls who were kind of professional in that.
To his surprise, Gui Gui sat down beside him.
"Shouldn't you play tennis with the other girls?" he asked, sounding surprised.
"Shouldn't you play football with the other boys?" she asked back, truly amused by his tone.
"I..." Aaron started, but didn't know how to continue.
"I would wish we could all play something together, instead of being separated all the time," Gui Gui said.
"Wang Zi told me that you are working on building a terrace in a tree in the forest?" Gui Gui asked, as she tried to start an conversation.
"Wang Zi told you?" Aaron said, and his mood suddenly went down.
"You seem not to like Wang Zi? I think you should give him a chance," she said.
"Really?" Aaron asked.
"That is incredible how you answer back today! Wang Zi actually praised you, and said he thought it was amazing how fast you dragged all the heavy planks to the forest," Gui Gui said loud.
Aaron looked away, and said:
"Wang Zi thinks a lot about me, huh?"
"You..." Gui Gui started, but was interrupted by what seemed to be the cook.
"Hey, you two students! We will have strawberry with milk for dessert tonight. Will you please go pluck some in these two bowls? We need a lot," she said.
Aaron and Gui Gui looked at each other, and then nodded at the same time. Aaron really needed to eat strawberry at the moment. That was his medicine for becoming happy.
They took the two, big bowls and walked around the house to the strawberry fields in silence. It started to get really hot, and the sun burned directly down at them.
They walked a little inside the fields, until they found a place each, and started to pluck.
Gui Gui broke the silence.
"May we eat some?" she asked.
"Of course. That's the meaning behind 'plucking strawberry'," Aaron said, and smiled as he ate one. He picked another, and walked over to Gui Gui.
"Gui Gui, try this one!" He squatted, and gave her the strawberry. She took it, and ate it.
"Mmm! This is really good! You have a sense of plucking strawberry," she said, and smiled happily.
"Now I know what you mean by eating them when you're sad! You are already looking like a little child."
Aaron smiled more gently, and looked at her as she continued to pick.
"Look, you have to lift the leaves, see how many ripe ones that are hiding!" Aaron said, and lifted the leaves for her to see.
"Wow, you're right!" She started plucking them, while Aaron held back the leaves. Afterwards, he started picking again himself, but it took a long time to fill the big bowls. They were sweating, as the sun was harder than ever, but Aaron was happy. The strawberries sure had an effect on him.
When they finally were done, they walked back to the house and inside the kitchen, where the two cooks praised them for their talent to find only big, ripe ones.
They walked outside again. All the others were still playing different kind of balls. Aaron and Gui Gui didn't have the energy to. The sun was burning them.
They sat outside the house and drank some water, when Wang Zi came over.
"Gui Gui, do you want to play tennis with me?" he asked.
Gui Gui looked at Aaron, and saw the hatred in his eyes.

***
How can I update so fast? Because it's summer vacation and I'm bored, and I am completely in love with and dependant on my mobile internet xD
But now, people, it will maybe be a bit less often that I update - especially if I don't get any comments - because I also have to update me and Gril4Life's new cooperated fanfic: Falling for my Fake Girlfriend (www.winglin.net/fanfic/Fake_Girlfriend), which you are very welcome to check out too ^^,
Read also Gril4Life's GuiLun fanfic, Love's Melody (www.winglin.net/fanfic/Gril4Life) [:

I used at least one hour to write this. But when I come into the mood for writing, it isn't a problem :D (most chapters take an hour to write anyway)

Please write a comment - or I will ... do something bad >:-D

- Blitz