Walk on Memory Lane

Children of the Night
Empty, vacant, nonexistent were a couple of words that barely described how I felt, physically, mentally, and emotionally. What were we suppose to do now? He still retained a steady beat in his heart, but for how long? How long will he remain paralyzed before I could confess to him? That I loved him and would reminisce of him sweetly with a grin on my face, like a giggling fool. 
"Come on," Luhan tugged my arm, signaling to stand with him. "Let's go for a walk," he then turned to Yixing, "keep an eye on him." Him had a name, preferably Kyungsoo. The other nodded, inching closer to the boy perched on the chair who was glancing at his feet. 
I glanced to the man that was dragging me slightly, his disheveled locks concealing and shadowing the bags under his eyes, he wasn't fooling anyone; I could note from the slope of his shoulders and the heaving breaths that he was exhausted. He wore gray sweatpants with a whitewashed shirt, but he didn't seem to spare any thought on the way he appeared, why would he? 
"Are you alright?" I mumbled as we reached the final step and onto the marble floors. They were freezing blocks of ice, which shot through my veins and froze them into columns, and when I walked, they shattered into shards then combusted to flames as my muscles contracted to execute their tasks. 
"It's you whom I'm worried about," he whipped around to offer me a small smile. "How do you feel?" He released my hand, throwing me off balanced, once we passed the main entrance to allow me to exit first then him second. 
"Not good," I dared myself to meet his eyes. They were waiting for me, brown, earthy orbs that were eager to come into my line of sight, then lit up when they did. "But I think I'll be alright." He wasn't dead. 
"That's a relief," he sighed. "I was worried there for a second." 
That threw me off completely, when I was aquatinted with him before all of this, the only thing he radiated was a bored feeling and a stern expression that even Medusa couldn't turn to stone. "I thought you hated me."
"I did." 
I squinted my eyes at him to express my sudden burst of rage, but he ruffled the top of my head with an affectionate beam that. If I was confused then, I was completely puzzled, I would be the kid that would lose the puzzle pieces to combine them together. 
"Yifan would babble about you endlessly, saying 'Oh, she's so gorgeous and funny and smart,' I swear I could hear his heartbeat over the phone. And sometimes," he snickered to himself which had me doing the same. "I'm not suppose to tell you this but he used to sob about how he wanted you to just ask him out already. He was too much of a chicken to."
"That does sound like him," I peeked at my sneakers- desperately shoving them on so I wouldn't slow Luhan down- and the pavement under. "I never knew this side of him."
"You haven't lived until you've seen Zitao about it, his whole face turns red and they end up chasing each other around the house." 
I chortled, hearing this made my heart sink but it was a pleasant feeling to acknowledge the fact that he truly loved me. 
"He also told me take care of you." It was Luhan's turn for his face to transfer to a cherry-red. "A few days ago," he cleared his throat, "he told me that he didn't feel good and that if anything happened for me to take care of you. To always make you smile and feed you a lot, he also commented about the time you ate twelve pancakes in one sitting." Heat raced to burn the skin of my cheeks, oh boy that was embarrassing. 
"Wait, so he knew that he was going to.."
"Supposedly, yes. He said that if anything were to happen, I take in charge and to do what I think is right." 
"I think he made a good decision," I glimpsed to view him, his reaction, to be brought to my own surprise; he was already prepared to lock with mine.