Hush, Avoidance, & Alliance

Children of the Night
The rest of the night I tended his wounds once more, deeply cleansing them to rid of any possible bacteria that could lead to an infection. He had winced in pain but he just waved off my concern and told me to proceed with removing shards of material I didn't detect before; some glass and splinters every once in awhile. He informed me on how they brutally forced information out of him when in actuality he knew of nothing on our hideout, being tossed out the window, flung at a trunk almost shattering his spinal chord completely, and being bitten at by the others. When he angled his head, I witnessed a section of the tip of his ear jagged, they yapped near his face. It could've been worse, much worse. 
"Hey.." I breathed. "Why did you find me, out of all the places you could've gone?" 
He exhaled- shifting his position on the couch so his back could be flat against the cushions- at first not knowing what to say with his mouth gaped then shutting it voluntarily. When he opened it again, his eyes- or eye because the other was swollen shut- bore into mine. "I smelt you, your scent. I mean, where could've I gone? Everyone would just look at me like I was some insane person, they wouldn't have helped. People aren't as inviting as they are in movies." 
"Oh," was all I said. Nothing of what I would muttered could have extinguish the fear and discomfort that settled in his chest. 
"It's okay. Yeah, I'm banged up pretty bad but werewolves heal quickly." His involuntary grin pained me, like sending a dart into flight and it's landing straight through my heart. 
"It's not okay. We'll protect you, at least I will. The others will have to listen because you weren't on their side. You're on our side, right?" 
"I'm on your side. I came here for you." His hand hovered above mine, he had a second thought and retracted before he glanced into my eyes again.
My heart beat and rattled against my chest, wanting to be freed of these emotions invading it. His eyes were fixed intently at me, not helping me controlling myself, attempting to collect myself before I oozed out. This was too much in one night, to acknowledge the ways of the other pack, this straightforward confession, and the thought of picking between two men. I couldn't possibly like Kyungsoo, maybe as an ally but nothing more. We are nothing. We will never be anything. We just can't be. 
"Get some rest, I'll explain to anyone if they're awake." 
I wished him a profitable sleep with only positive thoughts roaming in his head, and headed up the slight winding stairs. Sensing his eyes, I retained mine on my feet and the edges of the marble steps to avoid anything else, any other unnecessary emotions. Luckily, Yifan did as I suggested to head back to bed and worry of anything that I was doing at that moment. He shuffled when I crawled under the sheets, sighing then picking back up on his snoring pattern. 
"I'm sorry I can't tell you right away," I murmured, if he was pretending to sleep, he couldn't have heard my hushed voice. "I have a good feeling about him being on our side. Don't worry about it right now."