Truth Spills 1/2

Children of the Night
Play, Listen, & Read
 
Twenty minutes ticked by rather quickly, was it because of the man I curled in kept me company or the tranquil silence that was soothing and relaxing? One way or the other, we arrived in the expected time period just as Jongdae stated, approaching a mansion that reached many height and must've cost big bucks; the tips of the roof scraping the clouds in the sky. I'm talking a couple million to say the least, especially with all the acres of land surrounding the establishment in China, one of the most populated places in the world. Then I began to wonder who had purchased this home and maintained the regular expenses as I stepped out of the vehicle. We were parked before a garage inside the protective walls that appeared ten times taller than any of us.  
"You think you could get used to it here?" Yixing's voice rang in my ears. I whipped around to greet his grin, craters on either side of his cheeks. 
"Yixing," my eyes mingled with his light ones. "Why is there-" 
"We were in the car right behind you," another replied. He answered one of my throbbing questions, but one remained at that moment; why was there blood splattered on his face? Was it from earlier, from Jongin? 
Gradually the figure who has interrupted me in mid-sentence emerged from the darkness, the garage lights unveiling his identity. I've seen him for the past high school years. Luhan, an arrogant boy that claimed that he "was captain of the soccer team for a reason, to lead this lowsy school," all out of pity. He kept on the down low well for I didn't expect to see his face after fleeing. 
"The rice is going to get cold!" Someone shouted from inside the dwelling. Turning back around, a man leaning out one of the windows on the first floor beckoned us. From this distance, his features weren't distinctive but I will find out sooner or later. The majority of the group chased after each other into the house while one stayed back, Yifan. 
"You alright?" He pivoted on his heels to confront me. "I mean, living here with us?" 
"For my own safety, then yes." 
He strode to where I was planted, the breeze carrying his aroma to my nose, he smelled of pure love; vanilla. And my eyes and body and heart couldn't get enough of him, his gentle touch, the way his eyes flickered with passion then affection, his cheesy grins when he told jokes. Himself, he was just himself and that seemed more than enough for me. 
"You know I will only do what's the best for you," he lowered his head. Something was on his mind, unspoken emotions or thoughts, whatever it was he acknowledged I was a person he could safely release everything. Even if it would damage me in someway, everyone had the right and freedom to know. 
"Is there something bothering you?" I attempted to comfort him by continuously rubbing my hands up and down his arms. "I'm here not only as your girl but as a friend." 
"Have the other wolves informed you about Attaching?" He finally met my eyes that were glued on his shoes for a second too long. My heartbeat was increasing once again, on another roller coaster ride with dips and turns that pumped adrenaline into my veins; that was my fuel, excitement and curiosity. My voice was already crisping, a steamy ball lodged in my throat, I nodded my head for a response. 
"Did they say someone was Attached?" 
 
"Can I be honest with you?" Chanyeol's voice transformed from shaking to breaking, he was about to tear up. I could note on the way his eyebrows converged, his lowered head, his hands running over his thighs several times before he said anything, that he was either anxious or trying to preoccupy himself with something instead of sobbing. 
"What is it?" 
"I think, I-I'm.. Attached to you." 
 
I shook my head and nodded again, managing a shaky breath. "Why do you ask?"
"Because they didn't know." 
"Huh?"
"I'm the one Attached to you."