You're just a Memory

Noona, I Love You!

Warm, soothing wind. The weather was somewhat sunny and bright, far from what I had expected. I lied down on topof the ground, soft grass grazing my skin as the wind blew softly once again. I inhaled the refreshing air, taking in some pure clean oxygen for my lungs. A soft voice awakened me, whispering into my eardrums as the lips touched my skin. "Wake up, darling."

Opening my eyes, a smiling Yixing was the very first thing I saw. He quickly stole a peck on my lips before I ould scold him, but I returned his smile instead. I was drowned in this blissful feeling, staring back at Yixing's eyes which contained so much sincere love beyond it. He took out my hand and gently kissed it, helping me up so i would stand with him.

"You like to dance?" His voice was low but was as soft as the clouds high up in the sky. I nodded in reply and his body automatically got into the right position, an arm around my waist and the other gripping my hand tightly as if it was the whole world, then we started with small, timid footseps; dancing to the inaudible melody of nature.

Yixing loved to dance, we would dance like this every time when we were alone by ourselves. He would murmur something sweet and kisses me as we dance. Good, old times. He suddenly sealed our lips together, which brought me in shock but I returned it anyway. It was delicate and sweet at first but then his lips tasted weird, almost like it was someone's else.

"I missed you, babe," a foreign voice. Luhan appeared in front of me out of the blue, still in the same position as Yixing's earlier. "Umm.. what, how?" Confused, I started babbling some nonsense. Luhan chuckled softly, "Don't tell me you forgot about me."

No I didn't. Where's Yixing? How did you get here? Those questions were still lingering in my mind. Luhan stopped holding me and kneeled down instead. I gulped, isn't this the proposing pose? Don't tell me Luhan is going to propose.

To my relief, he was just tying up the laces of my heels. "Your feet look adorable in these," his remark melted my weak girl heart. I blushed, my face was probably as read as a stoplight. Luhan walked around me, examining myself. I gulped, wondering what his intention was. He halted behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist, saying, "Let's get back to the old times, babe."

I flinched and pushed him away, turning around, only to see Minseok chuckling loudly.

What exactly was happening? How did Yixing and Luhan disappear like that? And what was Minseok doing here? This time, it was my turn to speak. "What are you doing here?" My voice was cold and flat, but Minseok's smile remained. He approached me closer and my hair, "You look beautiful."

"Oh, stop lying and tell that to Soojung," I was thoroughly irritated by his presence. Minseok was nothing but trouble, and I don't want to get involved in his stupid tricks anymore. "Come one, sweetheart, don't be such a bum," he rounded his eyes and made it teary, pleading me like a lost puppy. "You know you loved it when we were together."

Of course, before you ruined everything. I my heel to leave him but then I tripped on something. My expectation of him catching me shattered at the moment my face hit the ground. I hissed softly, feeling something wet on my cheeks. Looking up, I saw a brown puppy currently attempting to jump on me. It was pretty hyper and active I couldn't help but to pet it. 

My legs suddenly felt soft fur and I turned around to see a cream coloured puppy touching my skin as it whimpered. It looked pained and the brown puppy hopped towards it. 

The ground was shaking and the puppies disappeared like the others, leaving me alone in this vast garden. A familiar voice reproached me.

"Sarah... SARAH! COME ON LADY WAKE UP!"

It was as if the earth was shaking, but it's only me thanks to Kris who was acting up like a mad man again. I stopped him gently as he pants heavily, catching his breath. His ears were red and I was pretty sure that there were something wrong. "What's up with you, bro?" I raised an eyebrow. The basketball hall were empty unlike before it was filled with sounds of cheering and applause. The game seem to have ended whilst my short nap earlier.

Well, that explained the whole strange dream.

"You slept throughout the game!" Kris snapped, his voice was reflecting on the walls, "I can't believe my sister slept during her brother's important moment!"

"I'm sorry, okay?" I felt bad since I hadn't slept much lately because of studying and other stuff that has been all over my head. "Did you win?" I forced a smile, hiding away the guilt. But it faded away again when Kris' face remain solemn and disappointed. Shaking his head, his lips naturally formed a pout. It was clearly a no.

"Okay it's all my fault. I'll buy you cheese cake and ice cream so just smile, okay?" I tried to coo him but he didn't budge. "I.. was hoping you would cheer for me."

Oh for goodness' sake. Kris' was tearing. Without a word, I pulled the big boy into an assuring hug. He was still in his basketball uniform and he clearly didn't take a shower because I could feel his sweat on me. He must've been anticipating me to cheer for him since he forced me to come for the game. "I'm sorry, Fannie, I'll cheer for you next time."

"I'm sorry we lost," he sobbed into my shirt. Thankfully, it was just the two of us. If someone saw this sight they would misundertsand. "I wanted to win for you but then I saw you were asleep and I lost my confidence so we were 4 points short."

Patting his back, I hoped Kris would stop sobbing. "It's fine. There's always next time."

Next, I leaned on the wall outside the boy's room, waiting for my brother to finish his shower and then we could go and buy ice cream. My Rubik's cube was halfway done until someone tapped my back. "Jongin!" To my surprise, he was there. I realized that Jongin and I met very often coincidentally, almost like fate. However I wouldn't put it like that.

"Noona," he beamed, as always the smiley dongsaeng. "Are you a ert? Stalking outside the boy's room?" He joked. I shot him a glare, "Of course I am not."

"Then, why are you here?" He nudged me playfully, almost like our bond were as tight as siblings. "Waiting for my brother, he's taking ages."

"You have a brother?" His eyes widened, surprised. I nodded in reply, and congratulated myself for once again sucessfully solving the Rubik's cube. "You're good at this, noona," Jongin snatched it from my hold and I frowned at him. "Hey, give that back!"

"Mehrong~"

I was taken aback. What irritated me more was that Jongin messed up my cube again and I hit his back countless of times, urging him to stop. "Oops," he mumbled softly. Turning around, he looked at me with confused eyes, "How did you complete it, noona?"

"Jeez, you're such a bother," I took it away from his hold while Jongin broke into laughter. It was silent when I focused on completing the cube. When it was finished, Jongin 'wahh~' excitedly while clapping his hands like an elementary student. "How did you learn to do this?" he was in awe. "I have a friend who was good at this," I said proudly, referring to the one and only Luhan.

"Can I keep this, noona? I'll give it back to you when I complete it myself," Jongin spun the cube around examining it. I hesitated, but what's there to lose? I have more at home so maybe Jongin can keep this one. "Let me mess it up for you," I spun the Rubik's cube wildly, making the puzzle more difficult. I ignored Jongin's devasted whines as I laugh evilly, messing up the cube.

"You're evil, noona," he sulked. "I'd like to see you try completing that," smirking, I was sure of his failure. "But why are you here anyways?" The main question was released. Jongin spun the cube for a while, managed to match 4 of the red ones but was still clueless. "Basketball. We do this as leisure."

"You're not part of the team?" Maybe he knows Kris, but Jongin denied. "But Chanyeol hyung is, we come here often to play with him."

"You know Park Chanyeol?!" That devil was so popular eh? Jongin looked flabbergasted too, "Noona too?"

"He's on my brother's team, you know, the Giants," explaining everything to him, Jongin listened attentively to my story as if he was my student. "So, you're Kris Wu's sister?" He sounded absurd. I confirmed the statement once again, and Jongin was pleased. "Wah, he's like the best player here!"

"Really? I think he's a huge baby," Kris was a two-faced guy. Fierce during work, apparently very soft on the inside. "Sehun and I come here often for random matches, I guess he's already here since I've waited half an hour already," Jongin glanced at his watch, "Oh, make that an hour. You really know how to let time fly quickly, noona."

I smiled, Jongin was pretty sweet. He then left the hall and probably headed to the outside court. By that time Kris had come out of the boy's room, looking as hot as always wiping his wet blonde locks. "Who were you talking to?" He seemed to have heard Jongin and I earlier. "A friend," I hugged his broad arm. "Now let's go to Baskin Robbins!"

I payed for the ice cream cheese cake (a combination of Kris' favorite foods) and held the tray, walking carefully to our seat. It was completely unhealthy to eat a cake on 10pm but who cares?

"Congratulations on your.." What did he achieve? "Slam dunks?" I made a random guess but Kris waved it off, "Let's just eat it. I'm hungry."

"Buying cake for you isn't that easy, you know?" I remarked but Kris was too immersed on the dessert. "Chanyeol said cheese cake was disgusting," he spoke with his mouth full, "But he was so wrong."

Chuckling, I forked a slice and shoved it into my mouth. Looking outside the full-length window, it was snowing lightly and people were scattered around the road as always. There weren't many vehicles around since it's quite late.

A familiar silhouette caught my interest as the person crossed the road. It was Yixing.

He surprisingly wore the sweater I made for him for his birthday. My fork dropped to the floor but I was too lost to realize it. Tears formed in the frame of my eyes as Yixing walked closer.. to me. His scarf was secured on his sensitive neck and he would heat up his cold hands by blowing on it and rubbing it together to make .

"What's so interesting?" Kris suddenly spoke up and followed my gaze. "Oh, it's Yixing."

I didn't answer him. Yixing was a pretty sensitive topic between us. "Look at him, so helpless. That's what he gets for betraying my sister." Kris was pretty much upset. I sighed, he still didn't get over him. Thankfully Kris resumed his dessert while I stare at my ex boyfriend, who was now smiling to another woman, and not me.