Jealousy

Noona, I Love You!

"You bastard!" Luhan was about to throw a strong punch on my brother's face but unfortunately I managed to prevent it by hugging his waist from behind. That deer was indeed upset after hearing Sehun's straight answer. "You knew my hopes for Oh Sehee, why didn't you tell me first?!" Luhan's tears started to fall. "I thought we were bros!"

The public was giving us strange looks and remarks on Luhan's immature behaviour. I just wanted to bury myself alive and escape this upcoming war. Kris and Luhan had been bickering since little so there was no doubt of another fight - especially over a girl.

"You like my noona?" Sehun raised a brow at Luhan, he judged him silently as he scanned the older from head to toe. Luhan huffed, he was truly offended by Sehun's disapproving actions. He knew that Sehun did not favor him as a brother-in-law. Kris who was keeping silent at the back gave me a hopeful look of fixing the situation. I sighed, tugging Luhan's shirt. "Calm down, Lu."

"How can I calm down when my so called bestie is dating the girl I love?!" Luhan was overreacting. Suddenly, Sehun broke into a fit of laughter. "My noona won't date someone like you," he said with a proud voice. "Kris hyung is the perfect one for her," with a smirk, Sehun patted my brother's back as Kris hung his head timidly. How and when did those two become this close without my knowing? 

"You little trash!" Luhan barged towards Sehun and grabbed his collar, "How dare you speak that little of me!"

Sehun scoffed, "Why would my noona date a gay? You look much like a girl."

Luhan shoved Sehun away, thankfully Sehun maintained his balance and didn't fall. This scene before me was getting intense because Luhan's anger increased to a high level. "Lu, don't mind him." I tried to convice the deer in fury but he was unstoppable. "I feel so isolated," he confessed. "You guys seem to be hiding so much behind me."

I didn't bother to retort because it was sort of true. 

"Luhan, just calm down. I'll explain everything later..." Kris finally spoke. I'm glad that he gained the courage to defend himself. Luhan heaved a loud, worn sigh, "Okay..."

Sehun whom we had forgotten for a while dusted his shirt and walked off without saying anything. The three of us watched him entering Ohsen without a word. Sehun's rude attitude was still on after all.

We arrived at our apartment with Luhan who was determined to sleep over just to hear Kris' confession. I was exempted from their small meeting under an unknown reason. I didn't bother to fight back because it was already late and I needed some sleep after the long day. Tomorrow I have a packed schedule so I need good rest for tonight.

I opened my locker on the next morning and a pile of letters started falling off of it. I gasped in shock and crouched down to pick them up. A helping hand appeared and I glanced up, thankful that it was Jongin. He gave me a genuine grin, "Morning, noona."

"Good morning to you too."

We'd finished piling the letters and I placed and arranged them accordingly into my locker. "You're getting popular, noona," he remarked. "It's not even Valentine's."

"This happens occasionally," I said. "It's mostly from the juniors."

"I've seen them writing passionately for you, noona. Don't you think that this is a burden?"

I shoo my head in denial. "They are too cute. Their letters give me strength and smiles."

"Deep," Jongin grimaced playfully. "Wait until I tell them, they would be delighted." His eyes were sparkling as his smile grew, and I fought the urge to comment his handsome moment. Jongin really looks good whilst smiling, he has amazing features. His slightly tanned skin wasn't a complex, instead it made him appear hotter. 

I didn't realize that I was staring until Jongin waved a hand in front of me, "Noona?"

"Ah, what?" I blurted. It was too rude to stare at him and ignore him while he was speaking. "Sorry, I was lost..."

"It's okay noona," he waved off. "I was just reminding you that we have practice tonight."

"I'll come," I smiled. Every Friday night we have dance practice at the school's studio. To remind you all, Jongin's an amazing dancer and I think his talents should be acknowledged by professionals from all over the world. When he dances, the world comes to halt as he formed an unique genre of art by his dancing. 

After school, I waited for Luhan as always. He had promised to pick me up today before leaving for work. However I found it odd that after 30 minutes, Luhan hadn't arrived. Anxiety and worry grew in me as I was answered by voicemail after calling him countless of times. What if something bad happens to him?

A honk shocked me from behind. It was from a strange red Honda. The window descended, revealing a smiling Minseok. "Yo, sweetheart! Hop on!"

I rolled my eyes in annoyance. Why was Minseok here? "Go away," was my only statement. I didn't wish to bump onto him.

"Don't be like that," Minseok sang. "I'll drive you home!"

"Who knows you'll kidnap me and me," I retorted, enough with his flirty words. Minseok was the last person that I'd ever want to meet. I started walking away but Minseok's red Honda trailed from behind. "Luhan sent me, he had an urgent meeting," he explained. I stopped for a moment, about to fall into his trap but I was alert enough to remind myself to be careful around him.

"I don't believe you," I said and walked away again, and the red Honda followed me again. "I'd knew you'd say that, sweetheart, so I've recorded him saying it."

Luhan's voice was loud and clear from Minseok's phone. "I have an urgent meeting so you go and pick Sarah up, please."

Sighing, I ended up on the front seat of his car. Girls' Generation Tell Me Your Wish blasted through the speakers of the Honda. It was quite disturbing since Minseok's presence made me uncomfortable. "So, sweetheart, how was your day?"

"Terrible, thanks to you," I  grunted.

"Eyy, I bet you're dying to see me," his statement was followed by a giggle. "I missed our old days."

"Me too, but it's the past," I tried to sound nice for him. "How about getting back together again?" Minseok gave me a wink which I despised so much. How dare this player ask me to date him again after what he had done in the past? Besides, he didn't even announced to break up with me and ran away with that , Soojung. There was no way I will get back together with this dirty bastard.

"I hear that you broke up with Zhang Yixing," he brought up the topic I hated the most. "Are you okay?" his tone was soft and worried without any hint of playfulness. Maybe he was considerate. "Yeah," was my short answer. I didn't want to elaborate more because I think I've already recovered fully from our breakup.

"Are you dating Oh Sehun?" Minseok's sudden statement made my heartbeat raced faster. "Pardon?" My voice cracked, but it didn't matter. How could he have the idea of Sehun and I dating? "I don't think you should know," I'll keep him hanging. He has no right to know further about my life.

"Come on, sweetheart, I care about you. I don't want you to get hurt."

I gulped, butterflies flying around my stomach. Minseok's way with words really flutter me, even though I knew they were all lies. "We're over, Minseok. Stop this ."

"As long as we have a memory together, you're still meaningful for me."

That night, Minseok's statement was eteched in my heart. What did he mean by that? Does he truly care for me or it was just his sweet words just to make me fall into his core? 

"Are you okay, noona? You look distracted." Jongin came up to me. My strecting session was completely disturbed by thoughts of Minseok. Wake up, Sarah. He's just playing with your feelings. Jongin held out a hand to help me up, "Well, let's stretch together, noona."

I was a bit taken aback but then Jongin held my hands tightly as he used me as a support. I followed him and stretched my abdominal muscles. Jongin's hot temperature influenced my body temperature as it increased by his touch. This was the first time we touched each other this long. "Try to focus noona, dancing will reduce your stress," Jongin smiled as he performed a triple spin before me. I clapped in awe.

"Hey, Jongin, I need you to give this to Sehun oppa," a girl with long, straight hair came up to us and gave Jongin a small box. "Tell him that I'm okay without this."

"What's this?" Jongin shook the box, hoping that a guess could appear in his mind. "Oh, it's a set of couple rings he bought for me."

Couple rings? Sehun? He has a thing for this stuff?

"He's hitting on you again. That idiot," Jongin laughed and the girl punched his arm lightly. "He's not an idiot. Be sure to tell him nicely."

"You're rejecting him?" Jongin stored the box inside his pocket to make sure that it was secure. "I... I'm just not ready."

So that means Oh Sehun does have a heart. Maybe he's crushing on this girl, I'm guessing that she is also a junior. A weird sensation occured inside of me and I don't like it. "Hello, sunbaenim," the girl greeted politely before she left in a hurry. Jongin turned to me with a baffled look. "Sehun's really a weirdo. I wonder why you are interested in him," he said. I bit my lip, did I just felt jealousy?

"He likes here?" I asked Jongin without replying his question. "Yeah, he's been crushing on her since junior high. Nia's a good catch though, she's pretty and smart."

I'm ten times better than her. I mentally slapped myself to wake my conscience up from its arrogance. "Oh..." was the only sound that came out from me. "Noona, are you jealous?" Jongin smiled palyfully and I quickly denied his false statement. "No!"

"You look red," he chuckled.

Do I? No way I'm jealous over this tiny matter. "Really? Maybe it's because of the hot weather," I said randomly to cover up. Honestly, I was clueless. The weather outside was below ten degrees.