Luhan is a Jerk

Noona, I Love You!

“, I’m late.”

Lesson learned: Never bother waiting for a bus. Kris might be home right now and he’ll probably go nuts if he found out that I am not home. Providentially I bought some of his favorite snacks to reduce his fume. Our home is not far away so I can just walk – or run.

God gifted me long legs for a reason. Kris and I are both as tall as our parents so we’re both envied by others. Although it was something to die for but I found it as an advantage because people find me weird. What girl is 173cm?

Unlikely for Kris, his height was the only weapon he needs when playing basketball. 187cm explained the reason of his consecutive slam dunks. My brother is a basketball mania and all he talks about is basketball. When he will date someone?

Phew. My condominium was in sight. I quickly took the stairs, not bothering waiting for an elevator. At the 3rd floor, I head towards room 305, where our home was. The lights were on and I was sure Kris was already inside worrying about me. Unhesitant, I flung the door open and saw Kris pacing from left to right in the living room. He was shocked by my presence and then pulled me into a hug. Weird, Kris wasn’t that touchy before.

“Where have you been?” His voice cracked. “I was worried!”

“Relax, Kris, it’s only 8.”

He broke our embrace and grasped my shoulders firmly as he stared into my eyes. I froze as I sense the seriousness behind them. “You don’t understand. The outside world is dangerous.”

“I know,” I assured. I wonder what he’s getting at. “What made you so anxious like this?”

“Chanyeol had been telling me these ghost stories,” he looked around the room cautiously then peered closer to my face, whispering carefully, and “They’ve been following him.”

I broke into a fit of laughter as he finished his statement, hitting him with all my strength because that was my bad habit whilst laughing. “Stop being ridiculous.”

“I’m not!” My brother protests, sometimes I wonder if he was really 25. “His lights flicker at nights and he heard voices!”

“Oh Kris,” I pushed him away and made my way to the kitchen, taking out his coffee and cheese cake. Kris was still, unfortunately, ranting about how miserable his teammate dealing with his invincible friends. “Chanyeol told me to be on guard tonight so we won’t be bothered!”

“Kris, seriously, this is the 5th time you’ve fallen for his jokes and I’m not going to tolerate if you can’t let it go,” I warned. True, Chanyeol had been pranking my brother for the whole month without fail. Such as a week ago Kris had to install some expensive fake ninja alarm – ‘in case there is one’ only to find out Tao in a ninja suit harassing us at night and there goes our money.

“But-,” Kris’ eyes were teary but I just pushed him to the kitchen and showed him the food I bought. His expression lightened as he grabbed the coffee, “How did you know I was craving for these?!”

“I’m your blood, duh,” waving a hand, I headed to my room. A long, nice shower would be effective after all the running earlier. I guess I should accompany Kris to sleep tonight, after all the false stories from Chanyeol.

The next day Kris had no practice but he had made plans to go shopping with Tao so I was alone at home, waiting to go to school. Luhan had promised to take me there so I waited for him outside the house.

“Hey there, babe!” He honked his red Genesis at me while waving like a king. He looked unusually handsome today as for the suit and shades. I entered his car and he drove off to my school.

“So, how was your first senior day?” He asked as he steered the wheel. I played a random song on the radio, “Hmm... I guess it’s just fine.”

“This is getting boring,” he said smugly. “Any new boyfriends?”

“Luhan,” I shot him a glare and he finally gave up. “Okay, I know you need some time. But, just so you know, oppa is always available.”

“What’s with the fancy getup?” I chose to just ignore him. Luckily, Luhan is an idiot for compliments – mine was indirect but he could sense it. “Oh, I’m having a meeting with someone later.”

My school was at sight. Unfamiliar faces surrounded us; maybe it was because of Luhan’s expensive car. “Who?”

“A hot chick, you know, from Ohsen Holdings.”

“The CEO?” My eyes perked up at the name of the company. It was the best in Korea and the family earns more than a million a month. “Yeah, Oh Sehee. What do you think of me and her?”

“Dismissed.”

Luhan scoffed, “You’re just jealous.”

He’s just like Kris but just the older version. Yes, people. Luhan is older than Kris. I admit my brother looks old.

“But her brother transferred here though,” Luhan added. “Didn’t you see him?”

“I don’t even know him,” I grabbed my bag, ready to step out. The car was surrounded by female students and I was unsure of my safety. “He’s good-looking, just like his sister. You better watch out for him, maybe you guys can be an item.”

“Shut up, deer.”

“Ouch. That hurts,” Luhan cringed dramatically. “See you later, babe!” I slammed the door shut and tried my best to be oblivious of the stares from the students. They’re probably thinking nonsense about me and that jerk. I would never date him again, no.

I replied the others with kind refusals because there is no possibility I’m dating Luhan. Thankfully, they left me alone but I could still hear the audible whispers about me and that deer.

I was quietly sorting out the stuff in my locker until someone spun me around, shocking me. My heart was beating frantically as I found out it was a boy, a familiar one.

“Jongin!” I exclaimed, rather loud. Who wouldn’t be this surprised when someone suddenly spun you? “Wow, noona. Good morning to you too,” he laughed. I discovered his new hidden trait. Jongin likes to laugh at the tiniest things. He looked as cold as ice from the outside but once it’s melted, he’s just like a boy next door.

“You shouldn’t scare me like that,” I hit him lightly on the shoulder, “Noona has a weak heart, you know?”

“Noona, do you have a boyfriend?” Okay, another trait: Jongin is as straightforward as a ruler. “Why should I tell you?” I felt like this is a personal matter and Jongin and I were just friends. Besides, I have no boyfriend to be proud of.

“Weird, I thought about it the whole night yesterday. How could a pretty noona like you wouldn’t have one?”

“It’s possible,” my locker shut, “My heart is waiting for a stealer.”

Lies. It’s still with Yixing, I know. There’s no way I could fall in love with anyone again other than him. I missed the times we texted each other at mornings and he was the one who sends me to school, not that jerk face Luhan.

Jongin pouted, his full lip was showing. I wonder how it tastes like. “Who was that earlier?”

“Who?”

“The handsome guy who sent you to school.”

“Oh, that’s just Luhan,” he must’ve had seen us earlier. “We’re not dating, and never will.”

“Why?” Jongin was curious as hell. “Because he’s a jerk,” I answered. Heh, it’s fun badmouthing Luhan behind his back. Finally, I have someone to talk to.