The Aftermath

Noona, I Love You!

I knew it, Kris was definitely wrong. Who said I couldn’t make it to senior year smoothly? They’re all so sure about my upcoming horrible aftermath of the breakup (which is never going to happen because), hey, here I am shining as bright as the morning sun on a dreadful Monday.

Breakup aftermaths are so last year, and I don’t even get how fond of they are to those random stuff. People nowadays get over breakups easily, and mine could count as a super easy one because it was not covered with sorrowful tears.

“Hey,” my friend, Hayi greeted me. “So, how many hours?”

“I broke my record,” I answered with a welcoming grin, slamming my locker shut. “Three hours.”

“But you still have bags under your pretty eyes, as Yixing describes it.”

Scratch everything I said. The aftermath was horrible; at least that’s how I remembered it. It was a rainy night as the heavy raindrops mixed with my hot tears as I cried the soul out of me last night. The breakup wasn’t easy, and I’m still not over him yet. How can you forget someone that easily when you had a history with them?

Hayi patted my back gingerly and tears are forming in the frame of my eyes again. “You’re gaining experience, darling. Maybe he wasn’t your other half.”

I didn’t answer, I couldn’t. It’s a good thing I had forgotten everything by the time I woke up earlier but Hayi just had to remind me. I was not blaming her, it is mostly my fault and I’m repenting everything. Maybe she was right, maybe Yixing really wasn’t my other half. There are a lot of other guys out there and I could just easily pick one and date them right away. Zhang Yixing, you’re an easy come and easy go.

That day just got worse when Luhan told me how Yixing missed me after everything. He demanded a reason behind his unanswered phone calls and messages but I didn’t bother to do anything about it. What’s done is done, it can’t be helped. Yixing’s in the past and he needed to think that way about me too.

“You’re being a jerk,” Luhan sneered. “Boy’s in a desperate mess because of you.”

“Save it for yourself, lover boy. I’m done with him.”

Many of you might wonder why I would break my 4 year relationship with my precious ex-boyfriend. Well, to start off, it’s complicated. We had loved each other for years and it was still ongoing but I knew it had to end there, so I did it. I said the words. My sub conscience kept urging me to run back to him but I just can’t. I don’t wish to hurt him anymore, let alone ruining his life.

Yixing, I am not the right one for you.

 It was still early and my bladder was about to burst. Fault went to the iced latte Luhan had brought for me earlier. While I was relieving myself, I overhead some girls gossiping about a new transfer student outside the stall.

“He looks perfect.”

“I can’t believe he’s transferring here!”

“I’m going to impress him.”

Pfft. Wait until you experience what I had been through, then your perspective about dating may change. Flushing the toilet, I dusted my skirt so it would look neat then walked out of the stall. Examining myself on the mirror, I fixed my blazer before exiting. Cheering to myself, I hope this day would go smooth as I expected without any more drama occurring.

Five more minutes before class starts. My long legs dashed through the halls, passing some students as I focused on my main destination. My class was quite far this year because I managed to get good grades to enter a higher level. I halted as I spotted something – or someone at the end of the hallway. It was a male, junior since I could tell from his uniform. Headphones covered his ears and I was sure that he was in his own world at the moment.

Juniors were not allowed at this floor, so why was he here? Is he a new student? Blonde hair and fair skin, my first impression of him was well off. He had a tall, lean body that any girl would die for. Despite the hideous junior uniform, he rocked it nicely and surprisingly, he was attractive.

Wake up; I was not interested into another guy, was I? Mustering all of my courage, I approached the latter and tapped his shoulder gently, causing him to flinch slightly at my touch. Cute. He turned around, facing me. I had realized that he was so tall that my eyes landed on his chin only. I don’t have any other choice to look up and face him.

“Umm, juniors are not allowed here,” voicing out my thoughts. I was just saving him from the teacher’s wrath. His face was strikingly handsome and I swore my heart lost a beat at how close I am to him just now. That handsome face was expressionless, so I barely could read his face.

The hot junior ignored me and just walked away. Talk about arrogant. A handsome jerk, eh? You’re out of my list, buddy.

Class started with two boring periods of History and there was a short break in between. Kris called me just in time and I instantly answered, “Yes?”

I’m going to be late tonight, practice.”

According to my watch, it’s still early. Kris was always like this, planning complicated schedules beforehand. “I thought you promised me dinner,” pouting, I fought for his promise so he wouldn’t break it. But well, promises are meant to be broken.

“Sorry, kiddo. Just eat with Luhan or Hayi or anyone except for Yixing. I don’t need him to accompany you anymore.”

Sigh. There goes bossy Kris again. He just had to be the oldest between us just so he could control everything I do. I nodded and agreed to anything he said afterwards and hung up. I guess I should eat alone once again for tonight.

Biology, Homeroom, Calculus, and I was ready to go. On my way out, an arm draped around my shoulder and the owner was none other than Luhan. That playful smirk on his face was irritating that I wanted to rip it literally if I could.

“Say, now that you’re single,” he cooed, “We should be having a meal together.”

“No thanks, I’m good.” It’s better to refuse than to get into any trouble. “But, babe, I’ve never got a chance to eat with you alone while you’re dating Yixing!” A stubborn Luhan is stubborn. I was not in the mood to play with him right now as I just wanted to head home and get some alone time.

“I’ll treat you next time,” pushing him away, I continued my steps until Luhan pulled me back and we both walked out of the school together. “Please, there’s this one friend of mine that I really want you to meet. He’s a good guy.”

“I’m not accepting any blind date offers.”

Luhan stopped before me, “Look, I know you’re upset about Yixing but look at the bright side. Meet another new person and maybe start another new thing. I hate seeing you like this, all gloomy and tired.”

I gave him a weak but convincing smile, “I appreciate your thought but it’s really okay.”

“Are you sure?”

My phone beeped a text from Yixing. I bit my lip, hesitating to open it.

Just so you know, my heart is still yours. Come back to me when you really miss me. I’ll be waiting.

“Yeah, I’m fine.”