Your Name is..

Noona, I Love You!

Soojung was my best friend a few years ago since we did almost everything together. She was the nerd and I was the one who became her first friend, typical story. In the end, our friendship broke when she found out that I was dating her crush and it was very clear that she was upset about it. She couldn’t accept the reality and ran away instead. Months later, she came back as a totally different person.

It’s not that I dislike Soojung, I only dislike her attitude. She didn’t date her crush (whom was my ex) eventually and I didn’t knew what happened after that. She became the arrogant queenka of the school and treated me like an insect. Nevertheless, I didn’t care.

But now, I do care. The reason I ended up at the tailor’s with the 3cm short skirt was her. She did it and I knew it. Nobody wears short skirts in school except for Soojung and her friends. I sat down at the provided seat as I waited for my skirt.

The bell rang as the shop’s door opened, entered a male with disheveled hair and comfortable attire. He clutched his helmet while looking around the place with sleepy eyes. Yawning, he walked to the counter and rang a bell once again.

“Jongin?” I finally remembered the familiar tanned skin. He glanced at me with heavy eyes and waved lazily. A few moments later, he snapped awake and looked at me with wide eyes. “Noona!” His voice cracked.

I mouthed a ‘hey there’ as the tailor came up to him. “Are you here for the dress?”

Jongin didn’t break contact with me while answering the old man, “Ah, yes...” The tailor smiled, grabbing a certain party dress from the cabinets and handed it to Jongin. “Is it for her?” he motioned his lips at me. “What!?” Jongin and I chorused.

 “You must be pretty lucky to have a boyfriend as handsome as him,” the tailor complimented, or didn’t he? I was puzzled at the moment as I stare at Jongin, looking for answers. Thankfully, the tailor went back to his work, leaving Jongin and I alone.

There was a silence until he spoke up, “That was awkward.” Jongin started chuckling. I didn’t realize that I was laughing along too until we stopped, smiling at each other. “That dress is pretty,” I commented. It was true; maybe it’s for his girlfriend or something.

“I usually don’t have any taste in dresses but as you say so, noona,” he giggled. This boy likes to laugh. “But it’s for my noona, anyway. Uh, real sister.”

“Oh,” for a second there, I though he meant me.

“Now it’s your turn,” he beamed. “What?” His statement was pretty ambivalent. “Why are you here?”

“Oh, well. Repairing my school uniform since I can’t do it myself,” I laughed off. “Your mom isn’t capable?”

“Well, she’s gone. I live with my idiot brother though,” I said, the mood was getting serious so I added a joke. “Since he couldn’t do anything.”

“I’m sorry, noona,” Jongin apologized, but his smile returned afterwards. “As much as I want to stay with you, I have to go now! My real noona would probably kill me for ruining his dinner night.”

That night, I went home and found Kris at the door, unlocking it. I didn’t reproach him because I wanted to scare him, since he did it once and I was going for revenge. Tiptoeing gingerly, I sneaked behind him, ready. In 1... 2... 3!

“BOO!”

“UMPH-,” Kris flinched in surprise, falling onto the floor. I laughed loudly at him, my stomach was starting to hurt. “What the?! Don’t scare me like that!”

“Ooh, what were you planning to do, go on a date?” I still remembered what Luhan told me this afternoon and was still excited about it. Kris’ fierce eyes rounded, “What?”

We went in and talked as we had dinner. Kris kept denying the fact that he has a girlfriend as it was getting irritating. If he has one, he should tell me since I am his family. I told him about my past boyfriends and it’s not fair if he hides his lover from me.

“For the twentieth time, I am not dating!” Kris bemoaned, clearly upset. His eyes were teary and he was in the verge of tears. I grabbed the emergency tissue box and gave it to my crying brother. Oh, he is manly indeed.

“Okay, I’ll be honest,” he confessed. “I’m really not dating... yet. I’m on the crushing stage.”

“Oh dear gosh, Kris has a crush!” I squealed, this was too much to handle. It was like a scene from a romantic drama. “Don’t be too excited, I’m not dating her yet, or never will. It’s 50-50.” I frowned, what did he meant? “Who is that lucky woman who stole my brother’s heart?”

“I don’t want to tell anyone yet,” Kris smiled; I knew his mind was drifting off to his crush. Not wanting to bother him, I let him be. Kris hasn’t yet fallen in love so this is his first time ever. If he ever scores the girl, I hope his heart won’t get torn... like mine.

The next day was school and I looked for handsome junior everywhere. I met Jongin at the hallway as I was in search of him. “Hey there, noona!”

“Hi,” a short reply. “What are you looking for?” Jongin’s mind was agile as he could sense everything I thought of. “Umm, nothing.” I decided to lie at him, not to cause havoc. Jongin was about to say something until he answered his ringing phone, “Oh, Sehun. Where are you?”

Sehun. That name is familiar. Luhan mentioned him before as Oh Sehee’s younger brother. So he really is studying here. I might as well ask Jongin about him since they sound close to each other and I was quite curious of this guy.

“Sehun? He’s my friend since we’re born,” Jongin smiled proudly. “Yeah, he just transferred. Do you like him, noona?” He raised an eyebrow, but I denied his statement. I don’t even know who Sehun was, let alone liking him.

After school, I overheard some boys talking about this Sehun guy and immediately asked where he was.

“Sehunnie is at the rooftop,” reading his nametag, a nice student named Joonmyeon had the heart to reply me. The other wide eyed nerd beside him gave me a strange look, “Why would you look for him?”

“Because he’s so popular and I don’t know him, thanks guys!” Not even bother waiting for a reply, I directed myself to the roof to take a peek of this Sehun guy. He must’ve been really handsome and rich if he’s a part of Ohsen. Opening the door, the warm breeze greeted me as I stepped further. I took a moment to breathe in the fresh air with my eyes closed.

Suddenly someone grabbed my shoulder and spun me around, causing me to yelp in surprise.

“What are you doing here?” It was the handsome junior.

“Oh, there you are!” I was glad that I found him. Then again, I took the opportunity to look at his nametag – and finally, I found out his name.

Smiling, I exclaimed, “Your name is – SEHUN?!”