Fate?

Noona, I Love You!

"Wrong. This is what you call a tangent, Sehun-ah."

"Don't call me that."

I shut the books, followed by a tired yawn as it was already half past seven. Three hours spent on Sehun was useless, he didn't even get anything and just scribbled some random answers. I question why he did not even know the basics yet. Giving him an exercise book, I marked some questions for him to do as homework. "Why should I be doing that?" He sneered. 

"Because you're my student and I'm expecting an improvement by Wednesday," I mustered all my stuff and was prepared to leave. I needed to head to Kris' basketball court along the way. "Remember to do that, okay? And maybe ask Jongin to do it too since you're close to him."

"Ugh."

I returned his properties back to its owner and left him alone. Stretching, my limbs felt stiff from sitting earlier. I texted Kris before arriving to make sure that he was ready.

The streets wasn't crowded tonight, and there were only a few people beneath the snow. Couples and groups of friends were enjoying their time during this young night. This brought me back to the old times with Yixing. Speaking of Yixing, I've never thought about the dream I had during Kris' basketball game.

It happened all at once, Yixing, Luhan and Minseok. I wondered why were the puppies there though. Why would I had such a dream? Was it a sign that I haven't gotten over my past? Luhan was years ago and Minseok happened before Yixing. 

It was strange.

Nonetheless, I should proceed on my life and won't stuck in the past. I should forget about them and move on. I will focus on my studies and future first and not worry about relationships.

"Oh!"

By the time I arrived at the basketball training centre, someone bumped onto me and thankfully neither of us were harmed. I took a good focus on the person and wasn't quite surprised of his presence.

"Luhan?"

The deer smiled at me as he dusted his varsity jacket, "Fancy meeting you here, babe!"

"Where's Kris?" I cut to the chase. Luhan gave me a smug look, but replied my question anyway. "Still in there pampering himself up as always."

I nodded in return. The silence was bothering Luhan, I don't know why he was annoyed. "Won't you ask?" He frowned. "What?"

"The reason of my presence," he posed 'prettily'. So much of a man. "Why would I?" I purposely tried to annoy him more. Luhan scrunched his nose, "You're mean, babe."

My lips grew into a playful smirk. "Good thing you know."

"Anyways," Luhan ignored my statement. "I'm starting on basketball!" He clasped his hands together and hopped around like a teenage girl. I stared at him in horror,  even I didn't do such a thing at such an age.

"So?"

"Aren't you at least attracted? Kris has a lot of fangirls so I figured that girls like basketball players you know," he pointed out. Suddenly he grabbed the hem of his shirt and pulled it up, revealing his abdomen part to me. "See, babe?"

I covered my eyes with both hands for ity's sake. "Gosh, Luhan! Stop!"

"Whaaat?" he whines as he paced closer. "Oh my Gosh," I muttered as I backed away. These are the times when I want to run away and forget this creepy deer.

"Hey." A grave voice from behind stunned us and I tripped on my foot, but a pair of arms managed to catch me before I fall. I turned around and was happy to see that it was Jongin. My tongue was eager to say his name but he wasn't smiling this time.

"Noona, are you alright? Did he do something at you?" The latter's tone was anxious and worried.

"Hey hey, who are you?" Luhan who was now fully covered also became serious. His manly mode was on as he approached Jongin and I. Grabbing my wrist, he threatened the high school student, "Let go of her now, buddy."

"I'm not going to let her go with you ert," Jongin snapped and I almost broke into laughter. "You're the ert," Luhan retorted and this somehow felt awakward. "!" Jongin pulled me away and hugged me as his back shield me from Luhan. I could imagine a drama OST humming during this moment.

"Help!" Luhan's voice cracked, seated on the floor. He fell on his bottom earlier and was now in tears. The 24 year old was crying for help in a minor situation.

"Jongin, I-" I struggled to release myself but Jongin's grip was tight, as if he wouldn't want to let me go. His breath was hot on my neck and his lips made contact with my skin as he spoke, "You'll be safe, noona."

That moment, my heart lost a beat.

"Sarah!" I heard Kris' voice and then Jongin letting me go with a grunt. "Let her go you evil!" Kris shouted. I thanked the Heavens for letting just the four of us witnessing this helpless situation. "Jongin!" I helped Jongin up as he winced in pain, maybe Kris kicked him on the earlier.

"I cannot believe this!" Luhan, who was hugging Kris' arm, proclaimed dramatically. "She didn't help me up when I fall!"

Jongin was now standing properly with my support. "You can't just attack us like that," I warned to both of them. Jongin was pouting beside me. "What?! He's obviously a stranger!" Kris protested.

"He's my friend," I explained the rest. Kris and Luhan felt guilty and apologized to Jongin while the younger did the same. In the end, we were walking together along the alley.

"Why didn't you come today?" I asked Jongin, not bothering about Kris and Luhan who were currently quarreling over basketball and soccer. "I have.. issues," was Jongin's only answer. I didn't ask any further because I felt like I didn't have a right to know. "You can ask Sehun about the things I taught today, I'm letting you go just this once," I added a wink to make things lively.

Jongin gave me a weak smile, and that made me worry. It seemed that something was bothering him, and I want to know. "Are you okay?"

"Noona, do you believe in fate?"

I pursed my lips. "I've never think about this before.. why do you ask?"

"Nothing, just curious." He waved it off. Great, just when he was about to open up, I ruined the chance. "Come on, tell me," I nudged his shoulder playfully. Jongin finally let go a soft chuckle as he halted his steps. Kris and Luhan's voices were loud behind us.

"If it's fate noona, then I think I have to accept it."

"Huh?"

"Even when it involves giving up on someone I really care."

Jongin bid goodbye after that then disappeared into the darkness. Kris and Luhan bumped all at once onto a tree and cursed in pain. "Sarah! Luhan won't stop bugging me!"

"Kris wouldn't tell me about his crush."

"Because it's private, you idiot."

"You tell Tao everything but not me?!" Luhan was close to tears again. "I'm wounded, Kris Wu. We were friends since the beginning!"

Kris growled into the air. I was mistaken that he might transform into some kind of a wolf after this. "Tao stalks me, okay? I don't have a crush and I don't have a time to love."

"Liar, liar pants on fire. I swear if you don't tell me, she's going to get into some trouble tonight."

"Why you little-"

"Babe~" Luhan ran to me and hid behind my back, "Kris is going insane."

"You two..." I couldn't finish my sentence. They are 24 year old adults but they still act like 7. Jongin's statement made me think and fly out of reality.

"Okay. If you really want to know then I'll need help from you two." Kris announced and Luhan hopped around, "Really?! I'm up on this!"

"We're going shopping."

***

Hello lovely readers~ Thanks for your support! I'll try to find some time updating this! Thank you for reading OuO