Nine

Amethyst
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yixing decided to finish all of his work earlier as he wanted to take Mei Lin from work so the two of them could go home together – something he hadn’t done in a long time. He sighed in content as he stacked up the last few sheets of paper on his desk and grabbed his things before heading out of his office.

Driving with a smile on his face due to the nostalgic feeling, he reached Mei Lin’s building in no time. He parked his car nearby and he could see her from the side mirror. His smile disappeared and a frown appeared on his face when he saw her laughing and walking with a guy. He looked familiar but he wasn’t sure where he saw him before.

He missed those unforced and gentle smiles and laugh of hers. He suddenly felt possessive and jealous as his fiancée walks comfortably and undeniably happy with another man. He groaned and open the door to get out, startling Xiumin and Mei Lin.

“Yixing, you scared me!” His fiancée’s complain almost came inaudible to him as he stared at the man next to her.

On the other hand, Xiumin wasn’t even fazed by the look he was giving her. Instead, he felt smug and confident all of a sudden. He felt like Yixing was seeing him as a competition and that he was threatened by him.

“Oh… Xiumin, this is Yixing, my fiancé. Yixing, Xiumin went to our engagement party.” So that’s where I saw him. With an unsure feeling about the guy named Xiumin, he shot his hand out to shake with the tall male.

“A pleasure to meet you,” Yixing said and firmly shook his hands with Xiumin then turned to Mei Lin, “shall we get going now?”

Mei Lin nodded and bade goodbye to Xiumin. Once inside the car, she looked at him in suspicion. Yixing was busy driving but he noticed that she was secretly looking at her. “Why are you looking at me as if I’m suspicious?”

“It is. You fetched me from work. That is suspicious.” Without her knowing, her words actually hurt him but it was the truth. He knew that his actions were hurtful before but having to say it to him by the person he hurt whom he actually loves, hurts a lot.

He kept quiet and pressed his lips in a firm line. She didn’t mean to hurt her by words and she only realized it later when he went silent. Guilt pricked her conscience and she gently nudged him causing him to ease up a bit but the feeling was still there.

“Babe, I know how much of an I was but how are we going to start afresh if you keep on bringing up the past? Can you try to look at me how you used to or at least think that I’m a new and better Yixing?” He tried to sound calm because he really was and not to sound demanding to her.

Luckily, Mei Lin knew how much Yixing meant those words. She just couldn’t help but go back to the past once in a while. It was something she wanted to change but a part of her was still scared and angry at him. It will take time and time is all they need to heal.

“I’m sorry. I will try. Can you bear with that? It’s not going to be easy and it might be unfair for you.”

A soft chuckle came out from his lips and the girl creased her eyebrows at him. “I should be the one saying that, you know?” He stopped at the traffic junction and looked at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter