Seven

Amethyst
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mei Lin was looking outside through the window, thinking of so many things and they weren’t pleasant thoughts at all. Worry, regret, sadness and disappointment were painted on her face and one could tell that happiness isn’t on her list today.

Her phone buzzed and it was another message from Yixing, begging her to let him explain. Somewhere in her heart, she wants to hear him out but a part of her is afraid that once she forgives him, he will just hurt her again and trample her heart as if it was nothing; that’s how she felt before.

She sighed when she read the text and as she was expecting, it was another message saying he will be at home for the whole day and will wait for her.

She bit her lip and pondered for a while if she should go. He had hurt her a lot of times, more than she could take and she forgave him like he’s some sort of a god that should be welcomed in open arms and forget about whatever wrongdoings he did.

Throwing her phone on the bed, she grabbed a set of new clothes and changed to something presentable.

-

Two hours after he had sent the text, he was still laying down on the bed and looking at the ceiling blankly with the television’s noise filling the whole room.

His ears perked up when he heard the front door shut. He tilted his head in confusion. Maybe it was just his imagination that he heard the door or maybe it was Mei Lin who finally decided to come home and –

Mei Lin.

He immediately bolted up from the bed and rushed to the living room. Happiness crawled into his heart when he saw Mei Lin standing there and wiping off her shirt. She got soaked in the rain and he knew that Mei Lin isn’t the type of person to bring an umbrella with her.

He wasn’t sure if he was supposed to greet her first, get her a new pair of clothes or offer her a drink. When did it become so awkward for him to act around his fiancée?

“Uh… let me get you a new pair of clothes.” He darted back to the bedroom and she pressed her lips in a thin line. Looking around the apartment, nothing has changed. It was the same as she left it.

Opening the refrigerator, she wasn’t surprised to see it half-filled. The cupboards were nearly filled by canned goods and instant noodles. Yixing looked rather skinnier now and his eye bags were evident.

She sighed and trudged to their bedroom only to see him holding a new pair of clothes for him. She took it and was heading to the bathroom when he spoke, “I’m still your fiancé. Please, stop acting like I’m a stranger. This is our home and you can do whatever you want. Even changing in front of me is now a big deal to you?” He was slightly hurt when he saw her heading out of the room just to get changed.

As far as she remember, it had been months since she last changed her clothes in front of him. She didn’t want to change her clothes in front of him not because she was awkward around him but she was concerned on what he might think of her. Her body is not in shape and what if he finds her unattractive?

Not wanting to make him feel more terrible than he already is, “it’s not that I’m awkward around you…” she trailed off. When she looked at him, she saw him waiting for her to continue what she was saying.

After a few seconds of staring at each other with the awkward atmosphere surrounding them, she just sighed and walked out of the room.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter