One

Amethyst
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The bright, harsh rays of the sun peeked through the curtains and hit her face. She turned to the other side of the bed wanting to sleep more but when she flung her arm to the other side of the bed, her eyes opened and found it empty – again.

It has been like that for a few months now – her waking up without Yixing on the other side of the bed and finding him hurrying up to go to work this early. A heavy sigh escaped her lips and with hesitance, she got up from the bed.

She stared at her reflection through the mirror. Her face had gotten rounder, her dark circles were more visible and her skin became dry. A bitter chuckle left her lips as she thought, ‘this is why Yixing don’t like me anymore. I have gotten way uglier than I already am.’

Truth be told, Mei Lin is not the prettiest and most eye catching girl out there but she has this exotic beauty that draws guys near her. Yixing and Mei Lin goes way back college. They had known each other during their second year in college and their love story started there.

They only started living together when Yixing proposed to her five months ago. Usually, they would wake up at the same time every morning before they go to work. They would wash their face together, brush their teeth together and eat together. Now, she finds herself doing those things alone.

After dabbing the towel on her face, she walked to the living room and found Yixing talking to on the phone, already clothed for work.

“Yes, I will be there soon.”

Upon hearing the light footsteps, Yixing turned around and saw her fiancée opening the refrigerator. He ended the call and walked towards her. “Babe, I’m leaving now.”

Before he could even plant a kiss on her cheeks, she faced him. “Did you eat breakfast?” A frown appeared on her face as she knows he tends to skip breakfast whenever he is on a rush.

He shook his head and she sighed. “Grab something to eat along the way.”

“Sure, I will.” He kissed her cheek and without another word, he left their apartment.

It has been her long dream to live with Yixing and spend the rest of her life with him but it seems like that long dream of hers has deteriorated into a nightmare. This is not the reality she wanted. This is far from what she had envision.

It was only six-thirty in the morning and she has still an hour before she needs to go to work. Since she had no appetite to eat, she decided that it would be best to do some household chores first.

She went to take their dirty clothes on the bin and separated the colored ones to the white ones. She d the pants’ pockets to feel if she or Yixing had left anything on it accidentally.

A certain sound was made when she d one of his pants’ pockets and she fished it out immediately. Tears started to form on her eyes as she held out the opened packet of . ‘Even a stupid guy wouldn’t leave the packet on his jeans.’ She thought and twitched into a bitter smirk. She was too numb and too tired to even cry. It always happens.

-

She went to work by bus as Yixing used their car to go to work. She arrived at the company and was greeted by the other employees. She had been known to be a friendly yet shy woman.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter