Thirteen

Amethyst
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mei Lin woke up to the sound of pots clanking and to the aroma of newly cooked foods filling the room. She groaned as she tried to go back to sleep, but couldn’t. Rubbing her eyes sleepily, she found the other side of the bed empty and immediately realized that Yixing might be cooking.

Wait, Yixing is cooking?

The thought made her laugh inwardly. Although Yixing always tries, he could never cook a proper meal without burning anything or leaving something half-cooked.

She walked to the bathroom to do her daily morning routine. She sighed when she saw her reflection in the mirror. Her self-esteem and confidence going down the drain as days pass by. Her appearance was slowly getting worse. Dark under eye circles, unplucked eyebrows, dry and frizzy hair and unhealthy skin.

How can Yixing love someone as ugly as me?

She didn’t notice that there was another person in the bathroom who was watching her carefully. From the looks of it, Yixing reckoned that it has something to do with her appearance. Mei Lin had never been confident with her looks.

“You’re beautiful.”

Mei Lin slightly jumped when Yixing suddenly said those words while hugging her from behind. He kissed the top of her head and looked at her through the mirror, flashing her a sweet and sincere smile.

Though she may look average, Yixing never once judged her, nor found her unattractive. Being herself was what made him fall for her. Like he always told others, ‘Don’t go for the looks. Look at what’s inside. People will go old and their appearance will change. The beauty outside might fade easily, but the beauty inside isn’t.’

She sighed and pushed his arms to let her go but Yixing just groaned whiningly, unwilling to let her go.

“I need to brush my teeth and wash my face.”

“I can still hug you, right?”

“I need to pee!”

Yixing laughed at her and let her go. She smacked him on the arms playfully and rolled her eyes at him.

“Fine. Be quick. Breakfast is ready.”

-

“What did you cook?”

“I cooked kimchi fried rice, guksu noodles and bean sprout soup.” He smiled proudly and she looked at him with doubt.

“What did you put… there?” She pointed at the kimchi fried rice, which looked really red which signified that it was really spicy.

“I put all my love that’s why it’s red.”

Mei Lin couldn’t hold in her laughter and smiled as soon as Yixing laughed at his own words. She stood up and walked towards the cupboard to get some milk. “Just in case it’s spicy.”

“You mean just in case things go hot?” Yixing winked suggestively at her and bit his bottom lip while she looked at him, astounded at the sudden change of personality. She didn’t say a word and sat in front of him. He laughed at her reaction and started eating the surprisingly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter