Twelve

Amethyst
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Xiumin and Mei Lin were silently walking along the streets. After Yixing reluctantly let her go with Xiumin, she kept quiet throughout their walk.

“What’s going on inside your mind?” Xiumin carefully asked and Mei Lin just smiled at him, reassuring him that she was fine which was obviously not.

Deep inside her, she was feeling sorry for Yixing who was trying his best to change for her yet she was the one sending him away this time. As much as she wanted to forgive him and start anew, her pride was telling her not to; just not yet.

“What am I doing?” she asked herself bitterly and Xiumin slightly looked in her direction and pitied his confused friend.

Albeit having feelings towards the naïve girl, he knew his limits. He didn’t use all the chances he had because he knew it just wasn’t right. If ever, he would make her fall in love with him using the right way.

“Pushing away the people who cares for you?” Xiumin answered mockingly and she made a face at him. “What? I just answered your question.” He chortled and looked away.

“Whatever. Let’s grab some proper food. I’m starving.” Mei Lin whined and they walked to the nearest restaurant.

-

While inside the restaurant, Mei Lin’s ears perked up at a certain topic she was hearing. At first, she thought she just heard it wrongly but the more she listened closely, the more it got clearer.

“Yes, he is one of the executives from our company and Mr. Zhang is young too but I heard that he’s engaged. What a waste.” The girl huffed and poked on her food.

Mei Lin secretly glared at the girl and paid no attention to Xiumin who was talking. She was too busy eavesdropping. There were tons of people with the surname Zhang and Zhang executives but she was thinking that it might be Yixing since the girl looked awfully familiar.

“He’s not married yet.” The other girl smirked at her and gave her a knowing look. Mei Lin’s blood boiled more and slammed her chopsticks on the table, startling Xiumin. Her eyes widened at the realization of what she just did.

“I didn’t know my fiancé has fans,” Mei Lin sarcastically said and rolled her eyes. “I think they’re talking about Yixing and fawning over him. Just listen,” she continued.

“But it’s not good to-“

“Ssh!” she hushed him and he sighed in defeat.

“You’re telling me to steal Mr. Zhang from his fiancée?” the other girl asked while the other just smiled.

“Well, that doesn’t seem to be a bad idea.”

Mei Lin stood up abruptly and glared at the two girls. The way how she suddenly stood up caught other people’s attention including the two gossiping girls. “You think stealing other people’s fiancée is fun?!” she asked, fiery evident in her eyes and voice.

“Mei Lin!” Xiumin called by half whispering and half shouting at her while he reached for her hand to tame her down.

She thought the girls were the type to back out and keep quiet from embarrassment but they were the war freak type of people, so, they barked b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter