Four

Amethyst
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Babe, can you help me pick out what I’m going to wear?” Having those words escape from felt foreign. It has been so long since she called him sweet names. Upon hearing the word ‘babe’ from , Yixing’s lips curved into a soft smile. He opened their cabinet and picked out a navy blue dress for her that would match his dark blue polo shirt.

“Go and take a bath while I cook.” Mei Lin ordered him and he nodded. She was on her way to the door when she felt someone pull her back. “Kiss”, he muttered, leaving her confused. When he pecked her lips, she finally understood that the young man was just asking for a kiss. She chuckled to herself and he smiled at her, showing off his dimples that she loves.

She clutched her hand on her chest, feeling like a high school girl in love. It wasn’t supposed to feel strange but for her when their relationship is falling, it just feels so good to know that somehow she still has a place in his heart.

She prepared a sumptuous lunch for the both of them and he came out of the bathroom just in time. When was the last time we ate together? It was a bitter sweet feeling that she was going to eat with her fiancé again but she was more than elated at that fact.

“How is work?” He asked. It was quite awkward since none of them knew what to talk or to ask. Last time, it used to be the two of them just talking about anything and everything. Now, everything changed and she missed those times.

“My load is getting heavier but I still can handle it. How about yours?” She asked back.

He regret bringing up the topic of work since it made him somehow guilty. He was cheating on her with his secretary and she has no idea at all. “We’re working on a new project and it’s getting pretty hectic too. Anyway, how about we take a walk after this?” He suggested, in hopes of getting her out of the topic. She was really ecstatic that they would be going out on a date again, so, she immediately said ‘yes’.

After getting dressed, they instantly went off to the shopping center. Yixing took her small hands into his calloused ones and she smiled. I wish we can be like this forever, she thought but she knew that it would be impossible.

“Do you want to buy anything?” He asked her. He loves to pamper her and if he could, he would buy the whole world for her but that was the case months ago. Now, he would still buy her anything but it would mean less for her since she would have to tell him first what she wanted and not him wanting to buy her things.

She shook her head and smiled a little. “Let’s just take a walk and look at things.” They walked and walked until she spotted a baby’s shop. She really wanted to start a family with him but she doubt if he even wants to have kids with her now.

He noticed that she started to walk slower and he looked at where she was looking. He knew that she wanted to be a mother but he was afraid of having more commitments and responsibilities now especially when he was enjoying his life.

A few hours had passed unnoticeably for the both of them and Yixing’s phone started buzzing. It was his parents asking them to come over that moment and they left the mall without further ado.

-

They walked inside the house hand in hand and Mei Lin smiled at the sight of Yixing’s parents. She really missed them and she adored them so much. “Oh my goodness! There you are. Come and have a sit.” Mrs. Zhang greeted them and Mei Lin hugged her. They were like best friends and Yixing really adores how much his mother and fiancée are fond of each other even if they s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter