Six

Amethyst
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Mei Lin, you look dead and lifeless these past few days. Is something going on?” Xiumin asked her as she soullessly looked at the report that she’d been looking at for the past few hours.

She forced a smile and still hesitated to look at her team leader’s eyes. “I’ll be fine.”

“That’s not what I was asking.” Xiumin raised an eyebrow at him and crossed his arms over his chest. He took a chair and pulled it beside her, not planning to leave her alone this time and him being unanswered.

She sighed and dropped her head low. “Fine. I’m having arguments with my fiancé and I gave him time to think over things. I’m currently staying at a lodge nearby.”

Xiumin was surprised that she finally took the courage to go up against Yixing and because he knew that Mei Lin is always the one that gives in and forgives. “So, you finally found out?” he asked.

For a second, Mei Lin’s breathing stopped and she looked at him. “You knew that he was cheating on me?”

“When we went to the new eatery and your fiancé was there with his colleagues, I overheard them on the toilet. I didn’t know that you would tolerate that in your relationship, Mei Lin.”

He wasn’t lying when he said those and she immediately believed him. Xiumin wouldn’t lie to him especially if it’s just for her comfort. He lightly slapped her arms and said, “Be strong. Do the right thing and stop hurting yourself.”

Xiumin left her alone at the room and she used that time to think about things again. It has been a week since she left Yixing at their apartment alone and she still ignores all of his messages and calls. He even went to the company she’s working at just to talk to her but she decided not to meet him. There wasn’t a day that he didn’t beg her to comeback except for today. He hasn’t messaged and called her all day.

Different thoughts were filling her mind on why Yixing hasn’t contacted her today. Maybe she was liking the fact that he is the one doing the chase now and she could see some effort on it or maybe he just stopped giving a damn about her and that he knew she would come back to him sooner or later.

-

“Mei Lin, let’s go?” Fan called her as she stepped out of her room and went to the bathroom to check up on Mei Lin. They had gone to Fan’s apartment to prepare for the annual business ball that would be held later and although Mei Lin’s beauty isn’t the most exotic and captivating, she looked stunning tonight.

“Gorgeous.” Fan showed her a thumbs up and Mei Lin shook her head while chuckling. “What a sweet talker. Let’s go.”

They were fetched by Xiumin, who came with his car and the tall guy looked dashing. “Whoa, you look amazing tonight.”

“Only tonight?” Xiumin asked Mei Lin who just complimented him and grinned devilishly.

“Yes, only tonight.” Xiumin shot her a playful glare and opened the doors for the two ladies.

“Maybe they should hold a weekly or monthly business ball instead so our team leader would look extra handsome and be extra nicer to us,” Fan whispered loud enough for Xiumin to hear and the two girls laughed when Xiumin groaned.

“Thank you, team leader. You’re the b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter