Two

Amethyst
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Who was that guy with you at the food center?”

“Look Yixing, I already told you that he is just my colleague at work. What is wrong with you, really?” Mei Lin snapped at Yixing who came home at eleven o’clock reeking with the smell of liquor.

“What is wrong with me? No. What is wrong with you? For God’s sake, you are engaged and it is not acceptable to the eyes of the public that an engaged woman doing such touches with another man.” He slammed the door of their bedroom and locked them up in their room.

“Such touches you say? You’re implying that I’m flirting and loving such touches with another man.” She hollered back at him and her face was becoming red with fury.

“Well aren’t you?”

“At least I didn’t have with him.” She growled at him and Yixing stood there, stupefied.

“What did you say?” He asked with his soft but very menacing voice. It was as if like he would hit her any moment.

When she did not answer him, he grabbed her arm and made her look at him. “I asked you. What did you just say?”

She knew that he knew what she was talking about and she felt like she could not take it anymore and that she reached her limit. “Damn it Yixing. I saw the packet of on your pocket. I dare you to tell me that it’s not yours.”

Tears brimmed her eyes and Yixing’s grip on her arm loosened. He thought that he threw away the packet. He was not planning on getting caught – yet.

“I-I’m sorry.”

Mei Lin shook her head in disappointment and unbelief. “Tell me when you mean it, Yixing.” She knew he did not mean it because if he really did, he would not do it again.

“Babe, look I said I’m sorry. I really mean it.” He was not feeling that guilty but he knew he had to apologize somehow.

“Why? Why did you do it?” Tears finally rolled down from her eyes and her questions were asked with a very soft voice.

This was not the Yixing she fell in love with. The Yixing she fell in love with was the most faithful guy in the planet and the most filial guy that ever existed.

He knew the answers to his question but he did not want to tell her. He might be a jerk but he still have the heart not to hurt Mei Lin… that much. “I gave in to my temptations. I’m sorry, babe. I promise it won’t happen again.”

“Don’t promise me anything more because as far as I remember, you’ve broken all the promises you made.” She jerked her arm away from his grip and took her coat. “I’m going out. Don’t follow me and don’t wait for me. Not like you would.” Her last sentence was said in a whisper but Yixing heard it clearly. Somehow, it made him feel a little bit guilty.

“Are you going out with that guy-”

“You’re unbelievable.” She smirked bitterly and shut the door loudly.  Even the shutting of their main door was heard from their bedroom.

Yixing punched the wall and grunted both in pain and guilt. “Damn it.” He hissed and went to the kitchen to take a bottle of wine to drink his feelings out.

-

Mei Lin was walking down the street aimlessly. She just let the tears fall like a waterfall and ignored the strange looks she was getting f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter