Five

Amethyst
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Baby, look, I’m really sorry. I will end whatever I have with her and I promise I will change. Just don’t do this. I can change, please, I need you to trust me.” Yixing grabbed her wrist as soon as he saw her on their apartment where she was silently weeping.

She furrowed her brows without realizing and looked at him straight into his eyes. “How many times have you said that? How many times have I fell for your empty promises? I know you can change, Yixing, because you changed drastically for the worse. Where is the Zhang Yixing that used to treat me as if I am the most important and most precious thing in this world? Where is that guy that I used to love?” Tears fell down continuously as she unconsciously cried in deep pain.

No matter how much of a jerk he had become, he still has the heart and conscience – even if it’s just a little. His heart was slowly breaking into little fragments when he heard her ask those questions. He knew that she was never hurt that much before. They had their arguments but those were never like this – putting their relationship on the rocks.

He caressed her hair and put her head on his shoulder but Mei Lin pushed him away. He lifelessly stumbled back and tried to hug her again but she pushed him again. “Don’t come near me.”

She went out of the room and headed to the storage room where their suitcases were. She took out her luggage and she didn’t realize that Yixing followed her. He took her suitcase away and put it behind him. “Baby, no… please don’t. I’m begging you.” The tears he was fighting so hard not to come out finally fell as he realized that Mei Lin was planning on leaving.

He wasn’t sure if she was going to leave him only for a while or forever and he didn’t want to risk the slightest chance of losing her forever. Mei Lin is his life – his life that he ed up.

She tried to reach for her suitcase but Yixing blocked her. She grew annoyed and took Yixing’s suitcase instead and carried to their bedroom. He tried to grab her hand but she was walking too fast that he didn’t manage to block the door.

She opened their closet and threw whatever came to her sight into the suitcase. Yixing was taking out whatever she was throwing and putting it on the bed. “I’m not going to let you leave this apartment. We’re going to work this out,” he stubbornly said and Mei Lin looked at him, finally realizing that her clothes went to the bed instead of the suitcase.

“That’s why I’m giving you a month to think about it. That’s how we’re going to work it out.” She took the clothes from the bed and put it on the suitcase whilst he just looked at her, not doing anything.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter