Fourteen

Amethyst
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sitting in the office, he sighed in exhaustion. He had been in the office for more than twelve hours now and he didn’t want Mei Lin to get paranoid. He sent her messages every now and then to make sure she wouldn’t get wrong thoughts in her head, but still, he felt worried.

He looked at the pile of papers on his tables and cursed under his breath. He still had a lot of work to do and it was already past eight in the evening. He hadn’t had his lunch yet, but that wasn’t what he was worried about.

A knock on the door was made. “Come in,” he said. He was expecting his newly hired secretary to come in but instead, it was another person.

“Hungry?” Mei Lin asked, smiling as she showed him the home made dinner she set on the lunch box.

He smiled admiringly at her and watched her strut in his office. “Starving.” He pecked her lips and they sat down on the chairs in front of the coffee table. She prepared the foods on the table and he gave her another kiss on her lips. “Thank you.”

“That’s like thanking your wife for doing laundry, you know?” she told him mockingly.

He opened his mouth to argue with her but no words escaped from his mouth. He opened it again and said, “I don’t want to argue with you. I’m hungry and tired.” He earned a soft punch on his arms and he laughed heartily.

They started eating and she watched him gobble the food she prepared. “Yixing, eat slowly. You might choke –“ As if on cue, Yixing started choking and she gave him the water bottle to drink. She laughed at him and he rolled his eyes at her.

“Why aren’t you eating?” he asked.

“I am. You just eat too fast. That’s why.”

“You need to eat more for the baby –“

“Don’t even, Zhang Yixing. Not with the ‘baby talk’ again.”

Laughing at her, he put more food in her box and she groaned in disapproval.

After eating their dinner, he decided that his work could wait. He left the office with her and they walked on the streets to enjoy the view. Even at night, the city still looked lively. It was full of lights and people. Chattering and laughter could be heard. Couples and groups of teenagers were everywhere.

Holding his lover’s hand while walking, life couldn’t get any better for him. The feeling of reconciling with the most important person in your life would probably be one of the best. The m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter