The red scarf

With Open Arms

Okay guys so I should apologize right now because this chapter is like so small, but I've been having trouble sleeping and I just haven't been able to write QwQ and also due to the fact that the next chapter is going to be...hehe....

Suho POV

“Mr. Kim, we need you to bring Mr. Wu’s medicine so we can see what type of anti depressants he has been taking” One of the nurse’s told Suho once he came back into the room

“Isn’t his doctor supposed to know what kind of medicine he’s been taking?” Suho asked as nicely as possible

The nurse shook her head “We were not able to contact his doctor. Therefore the only way is to bring the medicines here”

Suho looked down at the floor “I’ll see what I can do”

After the conversation with Amy, the one that ended with Suho excusing himself, he had locked himself in the restroom and cried for about an hour before remembering that he had to go back.

The red head was nowhere in sight. There was only a small sticky note attached to a set of silver keys that said:

Mr. Kim, I am so sorry if there were any misunderstandings. They need me at work, therefore please take care of him for now. These are his house keys, and if you need anything please make sure to call me. Once again I’m sorry, and have a nice afternoon. ~Amy

Suho had gone back outside to breathe fresh air, that’s when he came back and found the nurse that asked him for the medicines.

Once the nurse left, Suho nervously called Amy who in return gave him Kris’s address, but excused herself for not being able to personally take care of it.

-How am I supposed to get there?-

He knew there were plenty of cabs here, however his English wasn’t the best thing ever, and he had a terrible sense of direction so leaving the hospital would prove difficult.

Arguing with himself on what to do, he suddenly remembered the business card that Daniel had given him.

-I shouldn’t bother him, but what other choice do I have?...-

The phone rang for a little, and Suho thought about hanging up but suddenly someone answered.

“Hello?” It was Daniel

“Hello Mr. Schwartz…this is Suho”

“Oh hey Suho! Is there something I can help you with?”

Suho bit his lip “Well I’m so sorry if I’m bothering, but there is one thing I need help with…”

It didn’t take long before Daniel got there.

“You ready?” he asked with a smile

Suho nodded and got into the black sports car.

It made him realize that Daniel probably had more money than he’d realized, because this was an entirely different sports car than the one he was driving before.

“So where to?” he asked once Suho got in, he showed Daniel the address and the brown haired boy nodded.

Suho listened as Daniel spoke about how many fun things one could do in New York City.

“Maybe we could go somewhere before you leave?” he offered

Suho looked up “I’m not sure how long I’m going to stay…there was a slight problem back home” he proceeded to tell Daniel about how the kids had gotten out of control

Daniel laughed “Well I sort of understand them, at their age all I wanted to do was party”

“Yeah, but still I trusted they at least wouldn’t get out of hand”

“I’ve been meaning to ask” he said curiously

“Yes?” Suho looked up curiously

“Well I mean you said that you have ten teenage boys you take care of, but is there a reason you adopted ten? You don’t have to answer if it’s too personal”

Suho smiled “It’s fine; in reality I was only going to adopt a baby. However once I got there I saw them playing soccer outside, and there was just something about them that made me ask. The lady in charge of the orphanage told me that they always stuck together, and that once they turned eighteen sadly they would be kicked out. Being the soft person I am I just couldn’t imagine them struggling by themselves.”

Daniel smiled and nodded “I see, you really are a nice person”

“Thank you”

“No, thank you, in reality if it hadn’t been for you who knows what could have happened to the boys”

Suho looked up “You really think so?” he asked. Suho had never thought about it that way.

“Yes of course.” He smiled, and Suho realized his face was turning red

After about 25 minutes, and a nice conversation, they finally reached what appeared to be Kris’s house.

-More like a mansion- Suho thought once he got out of the car and saw just how big the place was

“Want me to go with you?” Daniel asked

“No it’s fine I’ll be right back” he said looking through the set of keys

On the inside, the house was even more beautiful, however there didn’t seem to be many decorations despite the amount of available space.

Suho easily found his way into the kitchen, and the first thing he noticed was a small bar filled with bottles of whisky and other alcoholic drinks. He shook his head, and without much thought found a garbage bag which he set on the counter. There were about twenty bottles, and he took each one making sure to empty them all on the sink and then throwing the empty packages into the garbage bag.

He stood there holding the bag for a few minutes wondering why he even cared if Kris drank. Realizing that Daniel was outside waiting for him, he began looking through the drawers, and then he decided to head upstairs. He checked the bathroom, but the medicine was not there. Suho was about to give up, when he remembered how Kris would leave his medicine in the room next to a jar with water. The only problem was that Suho didn’t exactly want to enter the blond boy’s room, but with no other choice he carefully pushed the door open.

The room was simple, with only a bed, desk, and what seemed to be a walk in closet.

“Well his style hasn’t changed” Suho whispered as he traced his fingers through the computer desk.

He turned around and noticed a few pill bottles on one of the nightstand tables. Suho quickly walked over and picked them up. Indeed it was the anti depressants, and he realized it was time to leave.

On his way out of the room something suddenly cached his attention. Turning around, he noticed a familiar looking scarf on the other nightstand. Suho froze for a moment as he realized that this was the scarf he’d given Kris all those years ago.

“Oh my God” he gasped dropping the bottles which sent little pills scattering everywhere. Suho began walking until he was able to pick up the red and black scarf.

-He…he still has this? - Tears began filling his eyes –I thought he threw it away-

Suho wondered how much Kris still thought about them, yet he preferred just not to find out.

Picking up the bottles, he ran and slammed the door behind himself.

“You’re back” Daniel said, but suddenly stopped as he saw Suho holding back tears “What’s wrong?”

Suho shook his head “I’m leaving after I take his pills to the hospital”

“Wait why? Aren’t you rushing a bit too much?” Daniel looked concerned

Suho shook his head again “I don’t want to regret leaving him…” his voice broke, and the tears finally spilled out. He felt so stupid for crying so much in one single day, but it just hurt so much to remember, and deep down he wondered if it might have been best to forgive Kris.

“Shh it’s okay…” Daniel walked towards Suho and wrapped his arms around the crying boy. “Don’t cry”

“I’m sorry” Suho tried to stop, but the tears wouldn’t cooperate

“How long have you kept all your feelings bottled up like this?” Daniel asked catching him off guard.

In reality he hadn’t really admitted just how horrible he felt once the divorce was final. But now he realized just how much he still missed Kris, or at least, someone who would hold him when everything felt like it was falling apart.

Suho looked up, and saw the worried expression on Daniel’s face.

“You want to go somewhere?” he asked with his arms still wrapped around Suho

Suho looked down, and a blush crept up to his cheeks “Just make me forget about him” he whispered.

 

So yeah please let me know what you guys thought and as always ^^ comments, subs, upvotes are much appreciated <3 thank you guys o. o new chapter soon probably by like 2-3 hours from now c: