Let it go.

With Open Arms

Hey guys! I'm back :D so I'm sorry about leaving you guys in a cliff hanger last chapter o.o therefore I wrote like more today :D haha and yeah I got inspired because I went to see Frozen today o-o yep I'm weird xD It was good! Well hope you guys like this chapter and I'll update tomorrow or yeah o.o

2 Years later (After the divorce)

Kris POV

“Sir here’s your coffee” my secretary Amy said as she placed the blue cup of coffee on my desk.

“Thank you” I responded without looking up

“The meeting with the shareholders is scheduled for 5:30” she excused herself before leaving

I stopped typing on my computer, and took the cup in my hands.

The warmth was comfortable, especially since it was nearing December and the cold weather was finally kicking in.

-I need a drink- I thought as I placed the cup back down and rubbed my eyes tiredly

There were two meetings I had to attend before being able to go back home.

Kris placed his fingertips at his temple, and sighted.

He couldn’t remember the last time he had slept more than three hours, and it just made him extremely annoyed.

Without further thought, he picked up the phone and called Amy.

“Yes Mr. Wu?” the red haired girl picked up on the first ring

“Could you please cancel both of my meetings for today?” Kris said politely

“Yes sir…Are you not feeling well Mr. Wu?” she asked concerned

“I’m alright, just tired” I replied with a small laugh

“Okay Mr. Wu, I will immediately cancel the meeting, and let the shareholders know”

“Thank you Amy” I said before hanging up

Kris took his coat from the hanger near the door, and took his car keys.

In the elevator, he pressed his head against the metallic wall, and let the cold help with his headache.

-I really need a drink- Kris thought, as he kept his head pressed against the wall

He’d never been much of a drinker, however lately things had been getting more and more stressful therefore he would drink something every time he got home.

Today was just one of those days where he wanted to sleep, but he knew that without a drink he wouldn’t be able to.

The elevator opened, and Kris stepped outside. He walked towards the building’s parking lot, and opened his car.

It was chilly outside, but Kris the car’s heating only a bit.

The traffic was horrible, and it took him at least an hour before actually getting home.

New York City was always extremely packed, and for a moment he regretted moving there.

-Ah finally- He thought as he reached the front door.

Warm air hit his face as soon as he opened the door, and he gratefully stepped inside allowing it to warm him up a bit.

The house was beautiful. With its dark blue walls, and decorations, however Kris knew it was a bit big for just him.

After what happened with Suho a few years back, Kris had not really thought of dating. In fact, it didn’t even occur to him since he was always busy at work.

-I wonder how he’s doing…- Kris walked towards the kitchen, and poured himself a cup of whiskey.

He took the bottle with him then he walked into his bedroom where he sat down with the cup in hand, and placed the bottle next to him.

In one instant, he drank the whole cup, and poured himself a new one.

-I wonder how the kids are doing- He drank the cup and poured some more again

The house was completely silent, and after a while Kris decided to turn the TV on. He changed it to his music library, and put it on shuffle.

The first song to come out was Linkin Park’s ‘In Pieces’. Kris sighted as he heard the first notes, and poured himself another glass of whiskey.

…So I, I won't be the one, be the one to leave this in pieces. And you, you will be alone. Alone with all your secrets and regrets don't lie…

The song kept playing in the background, and Kris let the music engulf him completely. After another glass, his head began to spin, and everything in the room felt like it was closing in.

Kris laid back in his bed, and closed his eyes for a moment.

-I wonder if they still remember me…If they still hate me.-

Kris Flashback

“We’re okay” Kai whispered through the other line

“Keep going to school every day, and make sure to help your brother out with their homework, especially Luhan and Lay.” Kris said as he signed a few papers

“Where are you?” Kai asked

“I’m at work, but I have about an hour free after I finish this paperwork” Kris replied

“Ah…I’m going out with Luhan and Sehun to the movies”

“That’s nice…what about the rest?”

“Well Tao, Lay and Xiumin are going shopping or so I hear. Baekhyun and Chen are also going somewhere but I’m not exactly sure. Chanyeol and D.O. left a little while ago, I think they went to eat out or something.”

Kris placed his pen down “What about Suho?” he asked curiously

There was a slight silence, and then Kai responded “Mom has been busy lately, he’s actually working with uncle at the company”

Kris bit his lip “Ah okay” he said

“I have to go dad” Kai whispered

“Have fun Kai” Kris replied as he heard Kai end the call

Kris POV (Present)

Kris poured himself yet another drink, and he stood up from bed. His headache was getting worse, but he tried to ignore it.

There was a walk in closet in Kris’s room, and he opened the door. The lights flickered on as he took a step inside. All his clothes were neatly organized by color, and so were his shoes and other things. However there was one thing that didn’t seem to belong there at first sight, a gray box that was placed underneath one of the shelves.

He pulled it out and carried it out towards his room. Placing it on the bed, he took a moment before finally opening the lid.

There were several things inside. Pictures were scattered everywhere, and a few letters were also sticking out from the sides. However there was something in particular that Kris was looking for. Without hesitation, he flipped the box over, and let all the things fall down onto the bed.

Kris moved a few papers, and finally noticed the black and red scarf underneath.

Carefully, he pulled it out, and placed everything else back in the box. He admired the scarf, and wondered how after all these years it hadn’t come undone.

Suho had made this scarf for him. However he had only worn it once and then placed it away inside the box where he had forgotten all about it.

The fabric was soft to the touch, and it was comfortably warm.

-I’ll wear this tomorrow- Kris thought placing the scarf on top of his night stand.

Kris turned around, but stopped as his head began feeling lighter.

“Aish my head” he hissed under his breath

He took several other steps, before he had to stop again. Everything began spinning, and he had to hold onto the side of his bed to keep from falling.

-What the hell-

Carefully, he let go of the bed, and attempted walking towards the stairs. However, as he was walking down the stair, his head began to spin once more and his vision became blurry.

Kris tried to hold onto the handrail, but slowly began falling forward as his vision became more and more blurry.

There was a loud thud as Kris finally fell completely forward and rolled down the stairs landing at the very end, and hitting his head on the corner of the first step.

“Ah…ouch” he whined in pain.

Slowly, he closed his eyes and out completely, but not before he called out Suho’s name even thought he knew it was useless, for the black haired boy wouldn’t come.

Kai POV

“Boys hurry up!” Kai could hear mom yell from downstairs, however he took his time as he let the warm water run down his body.

“KAI HURRY UP!” Luhan knocked on the door

Kai ignored him, and instead stood there silently.

“Aish…the other restroom is busy too…” he heard Luhan whine from outside, and then he heard the blonde boy walking away defeated

Kai chuckled lightly underneath his breath.

This was the only way he could drown out his thoughts, especially the ones that weren’t supposed to be there to begin with.

After their parents’ divorce, Kai had gone through a serious depression. He couldn’t understand why he missed his dad so much despite everything. He liked to think that deep inside, Kris had cared about them and could possibly change and become their father just like when they first came to live with both of them.

It made him embarrassed to admit that after their dad left, he had at least two more suicide attempts before his mom finally sat down with him and told him to let everything he was feeling out.

At first Kai wasn’t too excited about the idea of mom knowing what he was thinking, but afterwards it had been like lifting a heavy weight off his shoulders.

“Just let everything out” Mom said, there was a tiredness in his eyes, and Kai knew that it was because every night Suho would wake up in the middle of the night just to make sure Kai was still breathing.

Flashback

“I…” He began nervously

“Go on” Suho encouraged

Kai looked around the room, and nervously fidgeted with his sweater. Although it wasn’t exactly cold to begin with, he still wore long sleeves everywhere he went because underneath were several scars he was trying desperately to hide.

“I miss…I miss dad” he finally breathed out, and waited for his mom’s reaction

Kai honestly thought that Suho would get angry, and possibly curse out dad; however it was the other way around.

“I miss him too” he replied with a sad smile

“Then why don’t we look for him?” Kai asked

“Kai…You need to understand that Kris already moved on. We need to move on too”

Kai bit his lip

“I’m sorry baby” Suho said as he tried to hug Kai.

Kai moved away before his mom could hug him.

“It’s alright, I’ll move on” he whispered before getting up and leaving the room

That night he cried, and he tried to silence his sobs by turning on the shower faucet.

He seriously missed dad, and even if he was the only one in the whole house who did, he would find a way to bring him back.

Kai was so absorbed in thought, that he hadn’t noticed the hot water had run out already.

“Ah cold” he hissed as he hurried to turn the faucet off.

He stepped out of the shower, and wrapped a towel around his waist.

“Luhan the restroom is ready” he yelled once he stepped outside.

The blonde boy immediately ran to the restroom but not before giving Kai an angry glare.

“Why did you take so long?!” He hissed before slamming the door

Kai stood there shivering a bit as the only thing he was wearing was the white towel firmly wrapped around his waist.

Flashback

“Why did you take so long to call?” Kai said through the phone

There was a small pause before the other person answered.

“I’m sorry Kai, I just had a lot of things to do because of the moving and…”

“You moved away?” Kai asked perplexed

“Um yeah…I’m in New York City” his dad answered

“New…New York City?”

“Yes”

“When are you coming back?” Kai asked trying hard for his voice not to break

“I don’t know if I’m going back”

Kai felt like his heart stopped

“Kai are you there?” Kris asked worriedly

“Yes” Kai choked out

“I’m so sorry Kai, for not telling you, but if Suho found out that I contacted you…”

“I know” Kai answered knowing that his mom would literally flip if he found out

“I love you Kai, I need to go now but I’ll keep in contact” Kris said before hanging up

“Wait!” Kai yelled a little too loud, but it was already too late

Luhan, Sehun, and Chanyeol came into the room at that moment

“Who are you talking to?” Luhan asked curiously as he placed a few bags on the floor

“Nobody” Kai responded, and he went back to fidgeting nervously with his sweater.

“Eh Kai?...”

Kai looked around and saw Luhan coming out of the bathroom.

“Are you okay?” He asked

“I’m fine” Kai replied

“You should go get dressed because you’re going to catch a cold if you stay standing there”

“Yeah you’re right” Kai said with a smile

He turned around and began walking to his room, but was suddenly stopped as Luhan added

“And Kai…”

“Yeah?” he turned around to look at the blonde boy still standing there

“I really missed your smile” he said before turning around and leaving.

Suho Flashback

“So this is our new house?” Chanyeol asked looking around curiously

“It’s nice!” Baekhyun exclaimed before playfully pushing Chen

“Ah you’re seriously starting that already!” Chen pushed Baekhyun back

Suho laughed “Boys stop playing around like that”

“OH MOM THIS IS AWESOME!” Tao ran around the house excitedly

“BOYS BE CAREFUL!” Suho hissed worriedly as he saw Xiumin bump into a vase

Suho looked around and noticed he was missing someone

“Boys….where’s Kai?” he choked out as he tried finding the black haired boy

“He was here a minute ago…” Luhan said suddenly stopping

“Boys help me find Kai” Suho blurted out

It wasn’t that Suho was trying to oppress Kai, however he was scared to leave the boy even a minute alone because lately his depression had come back.

Since the divorce had become final, Kai had stopped eating again, and sometimes Suho would hear him crying inside the bathroom

He did have reason enough to worry, because Kai had already tried to kill himself again. Luckily, Chanyeol had been there to stop him just in time.

They had all decided to send Kai to a counselor twice a week. However it hadn’t seemed to help much because some time later he tried to kill himself again.

With no much option left Suho decided to take action. He had sat Kai down one evening and told him to let out his feelings.

“I miss…I miss dad” he replied once Suho asked him what was wrong

There was a slight pain on Suho’s chest as he heard what was bothering Kai so much, however there was not much he could do except tell him to let go if even little by little.

Kris had disappeared after a while and Suho had no idea where he was. Not that it mattered because he was already moving on.

Narae had come to apologize some time after the divorce, and even if it wasn’t the most sincere apology, Suho had accepted it. The last thing he heard about her, was that her parents had sent her abroad to some strict private school.

Suho had to admit he felt bad for her, because despite everything, Kris had been the one to start all of it.

Suho walked into one of the rooms, and was blinded a bit because this particular room had a big window which let a lot of sun light in.

Kai was standing there looking out the window.

“There you are” Suho breathed in relief

Kai turned around and stared at him confused

“I’m not going to kill myself” he said, and Suho felt a little guilty at not trusting his son

“I know you’re not” he replied

“Then why do you look so concerned?”

“Because you’re my son and I care about you”

“I know you do” Kai said before turning around once more and starring outside

Suho POV (Present day)

The table was neatly organized, and Suho had just finished making breakfast.

It was important that the boys ate a good breakfast today because they all had exams at school that day.

“Hurry up boys!” he yelled for the fifth time, and finally he heard them walking down the stairs

“AH BACON!” Chen exclaimed with a smile

“I’m starving” Lay said

“You always are” Sehun replied with a laugh

“Sit down boys, and hurry up because you can’t be late today”

All ten boys sat down in the table and began eating breakfast.

“I’m going to flunk so bad” Baekhyun tried to remember everything he could from the book as he ate a piece of toast

“Didn’t you study?” Suho asked

“Chen didn’t let me concentrate!” Baekhyun said turning around and glaring at Chen

“Well it’s not my fault that I can’t be quiet!” Chen glared back

“Boys just please try your best” Suho shook his head

“I’m confident about this” Tao smiled

“I’m so glad you are” Suho smiled back at Tao

They were all busy talking about the upcoming test that at first they didn’t hear the phone ringing.

“Sehun can you pick up?” Suho asked

Sehun stood up and walked towards the phone, he then picked up and asked who it was.

“Yes…he’s here” Sehun said, and walked towards Suho

“It’s for you mom” he said as he handed the phone to Suho

Suho took it a bit curious because he never really received any calls rather than on his cell

“Hello?” he answered

“Hello. Is this Mr. Kim?” a woman asked through the other line

“Yes this is him…”

“Mr. Kim, I am calling from…”

Suho’s eyes widened in horror as he heard the woman talking

“What’s wrong?” Xiuimn asked concerned

Suho put his hand up to keep them quiet, and he listened to what the woman was saying

“Oh my God” he whispered under his breath

The boys looked at each other nervously, and after a few minutes Suho hit ‘end’

“What’s wrong mom?” Lay asked

“I…” Suho turned to look at Kai who was staring at him curiously

“Boys…I need to go to New York City right now” he said

“Wait what?!” the boys exclaimed

“The lady that just called me, she’s a nurse…Kris is sick…he collapsed and I’m his only emergency contact”

Suho saw how Kai’s eyes widened and he could tell there was a hint of desperation

“I’m going with you” Kai blurted out

Suho shook his head

“No” he said “I need to do this alone”

 

Well I don't know if you guys knew this was going to happen, but I hope it was good o.o and sorry for the cliff hanger again xD ahah I'm sorry -sings BigBang's song- I'm so sorry but I love you lalala c: as always please comment, subscribe or upvote QwQ and thank you for all good comments, upvotes, and reads ^^ hehe <3