Dream

Start of Something New
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4: Dream

Sulli grabbed her phone in her bedside table, her body was aching so do her head. She looked at the time and it was already 1:30 in the afternoon. Just then the housemaid entered her room.

“Good afternoon, Jinri, you’ve slept much huh?” she just nodded, she can’t move from her place, her body felt heavy and she feels sick. “Are you okay, Jinri?” the housemaid asked as she placed her hands on Sulli’s forehead.

“Oh no! You have a fever, Jinri. You need to see a doctor quickly” she said in panic and Sulli can’t help but smile “It’s fine, ahjumma. I’m fine, I think I just need to take some medicines. I guess I got this fever from yesterday since we went to Myeongdong.” She said unknowingly

“What? I thought you went to a family dinner with your father’s friends? Jinri, are you really okay?” she asked in confusion. Sulli was confused too, then she asked for today’s date and the housemaid replied that it was the 28th of February and she immediately picked up her diary to look up on something.

27th February

Dear diary,

Today, my father asked me to help his bestfriend’s son, through that I can finally revive my chance to be called as his daughter. Can you believe that? My 18 years being called as Mr. Choi Minjeong’s adopted daughter would finally be replaced by a lifetime of being called as his true daughter?

He asked me to help Choi Minho, a student from Hayana University. Yes, HAYANA UNIVERSITY!!! But I have a lot of doubts on this but I’ll sure try to help him, they say this is a fierce battle but I know I’ve been through a lot of hardships more than this and I know I can surpass this. Afterall my fate, name and everything lies on him.

Yes, it seems like a dream and I would live that dream I always wanted to. Tonight, my father talked to me in person, I rode the same car with him together with my brothers. For the first in 18 years, I felt that I am really a Choi. Well, I guess that’s all for tonight! I hope that this would get better day by day.

 

“I’ll bring you some food and just rest here, Jinri” the housemaid said and she just nodded. She then realized that everything was just a dream from the N Seoul Tower dinner date to the Myeongdong date, honestly, she was disappointed.

She thought that she had a weird dream like this because of her doubts last night, all night she had been thinking about her task and the person involved himself, Choi Minho.

“So, I’m not yet close to him in reality? That was just a dream? But why does it look like real?” she thought. Taemin and Jonghyun knocked to her door and she saw them holding a food tray with porridge and milk.

“Our baby sister is sick? Why?” Jonghyun asked as they sat down at the corner of her bed, he touched her head and it was really burning, he felt bad for her.

“Oppa” she managed to say, Taemin and Jonghyun looked up to her worried. “Who is Choi Minho?” she asked. “Why do you ask? Tell us, is there something up with him? You’ve been acting strange since last night” Taemin asked.

She decided to tell her brothers about it, now is the right time and it’s now or never she sighed and finally spoke “Mr. Choi told me to help him change. He said that if I can, he would finally accept me as his daughter” she said looking down.

“I’m sorry to say this, I mean I’m not discouraging you but this is a warning, he’s not an easy-guy. You should get ready for the battle that awaits you and remember that we’ll always be here for you” Jonghyun said patting her back.

“In middle school, we used to be the best of friends but then something came up that made him miserable. Do you know that he’s been repeating college for 3 years probably because of that? It’s a pity because we dreamt of going to Hayana together but it ended up as a mud pile for him but good thing his father’s family owned the university, the reason why he can still survive there for 3 years.” Taemin explained

“What happened to him? Why did he became miserable?” she asked

“It’s not clear to us either but one thing is for sure, a family problem. Three years ago, his mother died of a car accident and ever since then, he didn’t show up to us nor talked.” Jonghyun said as he excused himself from them and answered the phone call, he needs to meet up with some of the singers for the annual event, so do Taemin.

“Jin, we need to go. Eat up okay? Feel better and have some rest, we’ll bring home some of your favourite French macaroons later. Bye!” Taemin said and she waved back.

 

She managed to get up and go to her veranda, she sat down and looked at the sun shining above, giving her some light. She’s in deep thoughts after her brothers’ revelation.

 “So Choi Minho is clo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter