The Cycle

Start of Something New
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 26: The Cycle

 

2014

I woke up feeling heavy, my body felt like it was glued on where I was. My eyes were closed and all I can hear are sobs of different persons.


Don't we have a chance to bring Minho back again? 
Don't we have a chance to bring Minho back again? 
Don't we have a chance to bring Minho back again? 
Don't we have a chance to bring Minho back again? 


That woke my unconscious mind and body. For what I know, all I want is to see Minho. I want to see him as the first person beside me, crying, comforting and holding me in his arms. But as I opened my eyes, I only saw my father, friends and cousins. You can tell that they were crying because of their swollen eyes. When I opened my eyes, the people inside the room rejoiced.

"Where's Minho-oppa?" that was the first sentence I managed to say. Jonghyun-oppa, Taemin-oppa, Krystal, Onew-oppa, Luna-unnie and Jihoon-appa were just turning their glances to each other, it's as if there's something I don't know but I should.


Jihoon-appa went closer to me and I can hear how deep his sigh was "Sulli......Minho...went to America for good" he said stuttering every word he says. My eyes have their own minds and tears fell unconsciously from them. I can feel my heart breaking.... the man I love, my bestfriend left me in the air.


"Would you forgive me if one day I go without saying goodbye?"
"Would you forgive me if one day I go without saying goodbye?"
"Would you forgive me if one day I go without saying goodbye?"
Memories from our last phone call flashed like crazy. My tears continued flowing. Was that really a goodbye for us? I thought.

 

One day, I received a phone call from Myungsoo-sunbae, our council's president "Sulli, I heard you're in the hospital?"


"Yes, are there any problems?" asked Sulli


"Oh, I see. You should get well soon because------" my heart was beating like crazy, what could it be?


"Because-----you're the new council Secretary." for once I couldn't believe what he was saying. Despite of the pain, I found joy with the sudden good news.


"Jiyeon went to Japan to continue her studies and we found out that she cheated on our elections. So get well soon and you'll start working for the council" he explained


"Thank you, sunbae. I'll surely get well soon." I said and ended the call. Questions were rushing in my mind like how did they found Jiyeon-sunbae cheated? Why did she moved to Japan? Why and why did that happen?


Three days later, I was released from the hospital. Although my friends and even my dad insisted me not to go to school yet, you know me, when I feel like doing something, no one can stop me, I'm Choi Sulli after all.


When I entered the campus, many students passing by greeted and congratulated me. For me, this is actually healthy, at least for some time, I forgot Minho, I forgot the pain but not to mention it's still deep inside my heart.


I made my way to the council and the officers congratulated me and asked if I'm already fine and I nod my head. This time, I asked them "Sunbaes, how did you know Jiyeon-sunbae cheated?" I asked with a tone of hesitation, what if it was confidential?


Lee Joon was the one who answered me "We weren't the ones who knew it. It was Jung Yonghwa from the soccer varsity team. He said he heard Jiyeon and Minhyuk talking after the elections, good thing, he recorded everything" he explained. It shocked me because Yonghwa was like a blessing from above, without him, I might be staying as Jiyeon-sunbae's right hand, without him, I won't fulfill my desire to be where I am now.


I excused myself to go to the field. When I was walking around, memories of Minho and I kept flashing, I felt like crying but it was good, I fought my urge to cry or else, I would be crying buckets of tears. I shrugged the memories and continued to walk towards the field and I sat at one of the bleachers.


When the soccer varsity team's practice ended, I immediately called out "Yonghwa-sunbae!", he seemed so surprised by my call, I went near the players and smiled at him. Yonghwa's eyes narrowed, maybe because he was confused.

 

"Thank you" I started


"What for?" he asked while wiping his sweat


"For fighting for the truth... because of that, I mean because of your honesty, I became the council's secretary" I said


Yonghwa chuckled and I must admit, I got irritated, why was he laughing on me? "Do you think I did that because I want you to become the council's secretary?" he asked, his statement annoyed me so much.


"That's not what I meant. Because of your honesty, I had the chance. So basically, you were one of the reasons so I thanked you." I explained


"Whatever you say so, it's nothing." he said smiling widely.


"I'll treat you for dinner as a sign of appreciation, if it's fine with you---" I didn't had the chance to continue as he immediately nod

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter