Miracle

Start of Something New
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 10: Miracle

Taemin decided to call Onew, since Sulli just called to report him what’ve just happened at the hospital which was coincidentally or preferably accidentally Minho’s so-called event. He was hesitating to call him because Onew might be at work this time but he can’t stay still, his thoughts are going crazy. Finally after gathering his courage, he dialled Onew’s number and waited for him to answer, just a few tries, Onew answered.

“Is there anything wrong!??!?” that was the first thing he heard from him.

“Nothing’s wrong, hyung, I just want to ask about Minho-hyung” he said

“What about him? Do you know where he is by any chance? I’ve went to the cemetery and everywhere else he might be but I can’t see any sign of him, he never called me either” Through those words, Taemin knew what was really happening.

“Oh....” that was the only thing Taemin can say

“Taemin, do you know where he is?” Onew asked, probably he’s in panic state right now.

“Hyung, I don’t know where he is NOW. But probably he’s not in danger, that’s what I know for sure so don’t worry too much, I know hyung is responsible enough” he said calmly

“If so, do you know where he might be?” Onew asked

“I saw him in the hospital last night but I don’t know where he is now, probably he’s still in the hospital. Did you tried calling him?” he asked

“Why?!? Is it because Sulli is in the hospital?!!?” he asked, that shocked tone was emphasized.

“Yes, but how did you know? Oh no, don’t answer it anymore… I know it…. You knew it from Luna-noona right?” he imagined his hyung nodding virtually. “Hyung, I need to go, I still have some few classes left, talk to you later. Bye!” he said as they ended the call. Meanwhile Taemin was in his doubts…..thoughts….. filling up every possible part of his mind.

Why would Minho-hyung lie to me? Saying Onew-hyung was too tired to pick him up and won’t let him drive at dawn!??!? And if he’s not feeling well, what’s with that surprise breakfast thing Sulli said?!?! He knows for himself that he needs to resolve this puzzle………soon.

 

-

 

It was lunch time and Taemin saw someone….someone that looks familiar just by his looks and everything…….. it was

 

CHOI MINHO

 

He headed towards him and greeted. Shock and doubts lingering his mind.

“Hyung!” he called out making Minho look at his direction and smile. “What brought you here? I thought you’re not---“ Minho caught his greeting saying “Onew-hyung told me to, by chance did you---“ and now it was Taemin’s turn to cut his explanation. “Sorry, hyung. I was just worried, you know. Onew-hyung was worried too, I can feel that. I’m sorry” he said once again.

“Silly! I’m actually the rightful person to apologize because I lied to you. I shouldn’t lie to you if I know this would happen. I just want to visit your sister” he said calmly

“Oh I see……hyung, can we go to the near coffee shop later? I just want to talk to you about some matters”he invited him and he agreed right away. Then they went back to their respective classes.

 

-

 

Coffee Shop

Minho and Taemin went to the shop together, right after their classes ended. All throughout the day, Minho seems to be in a good mood, a not so usual Minho for almost 3 years. Taemin was left confused, why was he acting that way?

Taemin ordered their food and drinks. Minho had peppermint mocha while Taemin had a cappuccino. They sat down just feet away from the counter. Minho started their conversation.

“So, what made you invite me for a coffee date?” he asked sipping from his peppermint mocha.

“I was….just….. Arghh… I don’t know what or how to say, hyung” he said stuttering, his fingers were moving here and there because of anxiety.

“What? Is there something wrong? Do I need to worry?” Minho asked again, now he stopped drinking and looked at Taemin with a serious and worried face.

“I…. don’t want to…..jump….into….conclusions” he said shortly

“Conclusions?? Are we talking about science here?” he asked innocently, actually trying to put on a joke but Taemin had this nervous and serious face ever since they went and that joke didn’t bring up just a giggle from him.

“Hyung…In science we are taught to base our conclusions into facts and perceived through our senses…”

“Ha? What do you mean? What’s that all about? Are we here to study again?” he asked, confusion and innocence were visible.

“That’s why I want to ask you personally…….. What was your real reason why you went to the hospital alone and way earlier than me, why you stayed there up until dawn, and what’s with all the surprise breakfast thing?” he asked seriously, daring to look at those pair of eyes in front of him. Minho kept mum after, he didn’t expect such question or speculation.

 

 “And why did you become so warm to her when you’re so cold towards everyone for almost 3 years? What changed?” he added but still Minho kept quiet. H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter