Start of Something New

Start of Something New
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 28: Start of Something New

 

 

A start of a new morning, fresh cold breeze welcoming the start of the day. Minho woke up from his sleep when he remembered what happened last week, or should we say what his father told him last week. 

Minho was eating his scrumptous dinner when someone knocked from the door. He left the dining table and went to open the door and was surprised to see his father.

"Dad" was his greeting, Minjeong sat down in one of the couches and he joined him as well.

"So what brought you here, dad?" asked Minho preparing some coffee for his father.

"I heard you bought a house for you guys already" said Minjeong sipping from the coffee his son prepared. Minho nodded "We'll be marrying soon anyways" he said but then Minjeong's face darken "How soon is soon?" he asked with a tone of curiosity.

Minho's face enlightened with the thought of marrying Sulli as soon as possible "If only we can do it now, but probably months from now or a year?" he said and there Minjeong became darker "There's a problem" he finally blurted out, Minho's eyes widen but he heard it in more of a joke although his father was dead serious "You're kidding right?" he said and chuckled but to his dismay, Minjeong showed him a killer serious face.

"Or you're not?" asked Minho, his heart was beating fast, what could that problem be?

"Since you focused on sports when you studied for five years, you didn't had the chance to take on business classes..... and train as well" Minho got the idea but he was truly anxious on what his father would say next.

"I want you to study and train in America for your own good, for the company and for the future of both of you" said Minjeong and this is what Minho was afraid of, he was speechless, too shocked to even utter one single word.

"Don't worry, it's just three years. In no time, after that, you can get married. No need to rush things" the old man said and Minho struggled to sink everything in. It was like a complete flashback when Coach Park told him about the scholarship proposal. His mind was in swirls and circles that he can't think straight.

"I've booked your tickets and finalized your papers already... Your flight would be by next week... We can't do anything about this Minho, it's your sole responsibility to handle the company once I pass on that to you and once you're ready and you're not growing older for nothing. I'm sure Sulli can understand..." with that Minho agreed on his father's plans. After all, he is his heir, his only one and it is his job to take over what his father has been working hard from the start. 

"But how about the house?" asked Minho still in shock, Minjeong chuckled on how confused he was "Don't worry with that, it's not like you're already living there. We'll take good care of it while you're away" his father replied reassuringly.

 

He told Sulli everything. Of course, he doesn't want to replay what happened five years ago. This time, Sulli was the first to know about his departure, it's better that way than her being the last to know, right?

Today is the last whole day for Minho. For the past days, Sulli and Minho were together most of the time knowing they only have few days left. They would just cuddle each other and watch movies or it's either they would eat somewhere and bike around town. Simply doing things together. And even attending Krystal and Taemin's wedding together as a couple. They wished they would be married like this soon but some things are worth-waiting for and they are one example.

Although it was hard for Sulli to accept that Minho would go back to the States, she knows that it's for the company and for themselves and so she agreed but she would surely miss Minho always. But what are plane tickets for when they can't visit each other every once in a while?

 

Minho prepared a candlelit dinner showing the beauty of Seoul's night town. Minho covered her eyes with a blindfold and held her closer to him. When they finally arrived in the terrace illuminating the tall lighted buildings, Minho carefully removed the blindfold from her and Sulli's eyes glittered with tears.

"Sulli---" Deep inside Sulli's heart, she was expecting. Could this be a wedding proposal or what? Much to her disappointment, Minho continued "I need to go back to America, I need to study business and train myself for our company". Minho saw how Sulli pouted and as much as he wants to be shouted by this girl in front, Sulli just said in a calm manner "It wouldn't be that long, right? We'll see each other again and we'll be together, right?" she asked almost crying.

Without further explanations, Minho kissed her first in her forehead, her nose and lastly her lips. No words can assure that anymore, Minho's kisses were a definite proof they'll be together again once he comes back.

Lastly, Minho asked her something "Let's spend my last day in Korea somewhere amazing" he said and that lightened Sulli's mood.

 

Lotte World

"This might just bring you bad memories but I really like it here" said Sulli putting her bunny headress. 
Sulli put on the frog headpiece on Minho's this time "Why is it?" asked Minho wearing the cute lil froggy on his head.

"Don't you remember? We fought when I went home late from the amusement park date with Jonghyun-oppa and not to mention, your spoiled bacon and eggs." she said

Minho hugged her all of a sudden not minding other people's stares "That was in the past and I told you we'll bring new memories into life and that wasn't a bad memory rather it was a funny one" he chuckled

They tried on every ride they can. Every second, minute and hour were gold for them. They even took souvenir shots with the mascots and even shots with just the two of them. Knowing Minho, an extreme thrill-seeker insisted Sulli to try the adventure rides and Sulli can't do anything about it but join him in riding those rides. When they rode the roller coaster, Gyro Drop, Gyro Swing and more, it was as if Sulli's life was reduced to 10 years. Minho enjoyed their adventure and he can only laugh at Sulli's precious reactions when they were at the verge of dropping. She was totally cute, he can't deny that.

"Time for the highlight of every ride in this park!" said Minho excitingly, Sulli who seems tired but still enjoying everything looked on his finger pointing the so-called "highlight for the day"....

 

THE HAUNTED HOUSE

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter