8.

Coincidence or Destiny ?

          Three weeks later, on Saturday, we had our engagement ceremony. We had booked an hotel's lounge bar to do it. The place was very beautiful and well-decorated. On each tables, there was two bigs vase and white flowers. A buffet was placed in the middle of the room. We had decided to do a self-service dinner. The area was filled with soft songs. Tae Woon and I had a special table from where we had a great view on our guests and the landscape outside. Right in front of us, there was a dancefloor. Our closest friends were there and family's friends too. Many other persons were present but I didn't know them. Apparently they were people from the industry. Zico had come alone to my relief. It would have been to bear the sight of him with a girl all night long. It was hard enough to sit at the table as him. Indeed, I was next to Tae Woon while he was just to his brother's right. I was sitting at the left side of the table with my parents. My in-laws were on Tae Woon's right. According to Su Bin, I was the prettiest woman of all South Korea. I knew she exaggerated but it always felt nice being complimented. I had light make up on since I disliked heavy colors. I wore jewelries that my mother had given to me. Those were family's jewelries. It had first belonged to my grand-mother and they were now mine. With this, I had a pale green dress which was knee-length at the front and long at the back. It was an elegant cocktail dress. My highheels' color suited my dress' one. Tae Woon was very handsome. He had a pale blue shirt with some buttons open on his chest. He wore a white and deep blue suit. The clothes revealed his slim body line and muscles which gave a y feeling. My girl friends were all jealous. The way we acted together caused them to be envious except the ones that were in a relationship already. Among my friends, only my childhood one knew it was an arranged union. The others might suspect it but they never talked about their suspicions.

I was sitting with my buddies when my father started speaking. He was standing on a podium, holding a mike.

 

Seung Hyun : Annyeonghaseyo. I want to thank everyone for coming tonight. It's an important event for us. I'm very happy that my daughter found her soulmate and I wish them happiness. I also want to thank Hyun Woo for everything he did for our family. I'm pleased that we can be part of the same family. Tae Woon-ah, you better take great care of my daughter because we love her a lot, understood ? Then, I won't bother anyone longer. I just wanted to say that all of you can feel free tonight and enjoy the party. To my dearest ~~~~ and Tae Woon, have a good marriage

 

Even from afar, I could see that my father's eyes were brilliant as if fulled with tears. I got up and walk to him. As I expected, he was fighting against his tears. I warmy hugged him and the whole crowd started clapping together. When I pulled away, I kissed his cheek softly. Even though everyone asked for a speech, I didn't know what to say. I was the kind of person who was unable to talk in front of an audience. Tae Woon, my savior, came next to me and took the mike. He wrapped an arm around my waist as I smiled at him. We were playing so well. The media had long guessed that this marriage was an arranged one. However, many people, such as my grandparents, didn't know about it. For my friends, my aunts and uncles, my grandparents, Tae Woon had been my boyfriend for 2 years and we had decided to get married. At last, that was what we told them. To confirm this idea, I leaned my head against Tae Woon's shoulder.

 

Tae Woon : First of all, I wanted to reassure my father-in-law : I will, for sure, take care of our ~~~~. I've never loved anyone as I love her so you don't have to worry about anything. Then, I also thanks everyone : Seung Hyun, Ye Rin, Eomma and Appa, if it wasn't for you, I wouldn't be standing here with the love of my life. I hope everybody will enjoy tonight as much as we do. Thank you !

 

We were about to go down when people started asking for a kiss. I couldn't help but blush hard. To my misfortune, Tae Woon noticed it and laughed. He turned to face me, pinched my cheek softly and mumbled that we had to do it. He apologized to me while leaning down to my face. I closed my eyes as an act. However, long seconds later, nothing touched my lips. I blinked to find out that Zico had put an hand on his brother's shoulder, stopping him in his tracks. He was talling something which I judged serious by the look on Tae Woon's face. He apologized in front of all the guests and left with the younger. Something was probably wrong with the company because Hyun Woo and my father followed them. I was there, left alone in front of a crowd. I had never so embarrassed in the past. Luckily, Su Bin and Mom came to help me.

 

          Some time later, I bumped into Zico on my way to the ladies' room. He was literally analyzing me. I was about to pass by him but he pushed me against the wall and blocked the way by standing before me, his hands on each side of my head.

 

Zico : love of your life ? I didn't know it was like this

You : let me alone Zico

Zico : ehm I don't like the way you talk to me ~~~~

You : I don't care about what you like or dislike

Zico : I like you~

 

He whispered this confession with his lips pressed on my neck. His hands had descended to my hips which he was caressing. I bit my lip hard not to let a groan out. He pressed himself against my body and I gasped. I tried to push him away but he was stronger than me. His tongue on my neck drove me crazy. I felt weak. I was afraid that he would let a hickey. What would I do to hide this ?

 

Zico : you belong to me ~~~~

 

He put an hand on my . I couldn't resist, I was mentally calling for Tae Woon, hoping he would come out of nowhere to help me. I wanted to hit him in the balls but he was too close to me so I couldn't move.

 

You : can-

Su Bin : Zico !! What are you doing ?!

 

I ran to her as soon as Zico let me go. A big tear was rolling down my cheek. Su Bin pulled me to her and gave her son an evil glare.

 

Su Bin : can't you let your brother be happy for once ?! Why do you always try to snatch away what is his !!

Zico : he's the one who took ~~~~ from me !

Su Bin : I won't believe you anyways Zico. You're a liar, a bad guy. Why did you turn out like this ?!

Zico : and so ! The one you can blame is yourself ! You had always prefer Hyung to me now don't blame me for being jealous !!

Su Bin : how can you talk like this to your mother ?!

Zico : how am I supposed to see you as a mother ??

Su Bin : if I knew you'd have this behaviour, I wouldn't have given birth to you

 

I felt hurt by these words. A mother shouldn't speak this way to her own child. We could never regret giving birth to someone. It was the meaning of our love, the symbol of a relationship. This statement disgusted me and I felt helpless. Su Bin turned around to walk away and Zico, who had act strong until now, felt on the floor, crying like a baby. I looked at Su Bin, then back at Zico, Su Bin, Zico. Which one should I follow ? The one who broke my heart or my mother-in-law ? Zico's sob seemed to be getting louder, or was it my imagination ? Anyway I couldn't handle seeing him so sad. Even evil people shouldn't be treated this way. I crouched next to him and brought his head to my chest. He rested his left cheek against it as I caressed his right cheek. I could feel him crying and his tears certainly stained my dress but I didn't care.

 

You : uljima~

 

I wanted to comfort him but my own voice was cracked. He suddenly hugged me tight and I lost balance, falling on my . He flashed me a weak smile so I smiled back. He was calm now even though the emotions from the previous sobs was still. He held my hand and softly kissed it.

 

Zico : shall we leave this place ?

You : but... I can't.. people are waiting for me

Zico : your dress isn't good anymore

You : Zico.. this is my engagement party, I can't leave

Zico : I need us to be alone.. Please ~~~~. Do it for me

You : Tae Woon..

Zico : okay.. I understand.. You have the same point of view right ? I shouldn't mess in his life.. Fine.. I'll go alone

 

He got up and looked at me once again.

 

Zico : are you sure you want to stay ?

 

Hesitant, I nodded slowly. He passed by me when I stood up only to find out that my shoe's heel was broken. A curse word escaped my mouth as I took it off. Zico came back to me. He smirked when he saw what the problem is.

 

Zico : wanna go ?

 

I looked at him and he found the answer on my face. He pinched my nose while thanking me. Then, he showed me his back, saying that he would piggyback me to the house. Barefoot I jumped onto his back and he caught my thighs. On the way back home, I let my heart guided me. I rested my chin on his shoulder and felt him smile.

 

Zico : you're heavier than I thought

You : mwoo ??

Zico : I'm just saying the truth

You : shut up or I'll kick you

Zico : you won't dare

You : be careful Oppa !

Zico : I love it when you call me that

You : ah nae~

Zico : ~~~~ do you love Hyung ?

You : he's nice..

Zico : but it's not enough right ?

You : why did you play with my feelings ?

Zico : do you still love me ?

 

I was speechless. Truth was that I didn't whether to lie or be honest. I was afraid that this was just a sweet chapter in my life before his playboy side emerge again...