5.

Coincidence or Destiny ?

          As I expected, my mother walked towards the taxi as it approached our mansion. As soon as my two feets touched the ground, she wrapped her arms around me tightly. When she let me go, her hand caressed my cheek and I could see in her eyes that she was happy to find me back healthy. She was too focused on her happiness that she didn't notice the sadness in my eyes. The taxi driver helped us carry the luggage inside the house. My dad was, as usual, at work. My mother paid the nice man then she dragged me to the lounge where little cupcakes were waiting for me. We sat on the couch next to one another. I was staring at the food, not knowing where to start. I wanted my mother to know the truth, that someone caught my heart but I didn't know how to announce it. As I kept silent, she patted my shoulder.

 

Ye Rin : is something wrong ~~~~ ?

You : Eomma.. don't be mad, nae ?

Ye Rin : what happened ?

You : I.. met someone.. a guy... and... we fell in love

Ye Rin : mwo ?!

You : Eomma.. don't be mad at me please...

Ye Rin : who's that guy ?

You : his name is Zico

Ye Rin : how did it happen ? Tell me more

You : well. I met him on the first day and we started to visit the places together. We were both alone so we became friends. Then, the more we were together, the deeper I fell for him. We both confess to each other and.. I love him

Ye Rin : you love someone you just met ?!

You : Eomma you know it's possible~ Dad and you fell in love at first sight, didn't you ?

Ye Rin : it's not the same ~~~~

You : why ? Because I'm engaged ? He knows about it

Ye Rin : you told him ?

You : I did. And he doesn't mind. He told me that he would do everything for us to be together

Ye Rin : do you really believe this ?

You : what do you mean ?

Ye Rin : you met a guy on a cruise ship, during a vacation. Don't you think he only consider you as a flirt ?

You : aniyo ! It's deeper than that. I'm sure about it

Ye Rin : aigoo what am I going to do with you...

You : I'm sorry Eomma

Ye Rin : does he love you ?

You : he said so

Ye Rin : humm don't let your dad know about it now. I'll take care of it

You : jinjja ?

Ye Rin : if you're sure about your feelings, I can't ruin your joy ~~~~. You're my daughter and the most important is that you're happy

You : jeongmal gomawo Eomma~

 

I hugged her so tight that we both had trouble to breath. When I released her, my mother patted my hair as if I was a child. She seemed quite happy. I bet it was because I was finally discovering the good effects of being under someone's charm. She had always reproached me not to let guys get close to me. Now that I let it happen, she must be glad. However, I knew that it wasn't easy on her. She had to deal with my father which would be difficult. My dad was a stubborn person and once he had something in mind, it was hard for him to let go of the idea. I knew that he couldn't accept my decision easily because this wedding mostly represent the union of two societies, which meant his job. My dad's company was the most valuable thing to him. The situation was worse because I was an only child. Having no siblings to get married instead of me, I had no way to escape for this arranged union. Still, I didn't lose hope. People always said that love was stronger than everything. Also, I would be glad to demonstrate the truth of this statement. For the time being, I answered all my mother's questions. Even though she didn't admit it, I could feel her pride when I told her about Zico. Every mothers must be cheerful when their children find the love of their life. Once I was done with the tale I was living, I let her talk. She told me about what had happened during the time I wasn't there. She also announced me that we were invited at my in-laws' house tonight.

 

          Later, I finished changing clothes and combing my hair. I didn't put make up on as I didn't wish to go there.

 

 

When I went downstairs, my parents were ready to go. My father complimented my beauty. He always compared me to my mother. It was true that I looked like her which made my dad the happiest. He had fallen for my mother for her beauty and her simplicity so he was proud that I was alike. After confessing how proud he was, my dad led us to the car.

 

          The mansion was as big as ours. The garden was wonderful, there were colorful lights which gave it a magical effect. The door was opened by a butler and a couple was standing in front of us. My father enthusiastically greeted the other man. For someone who didn't know, they could never doubt that these men had long been enemies. The woman greeted my mother and I with a wide smile. I wasn't feeling at ease but tried my best not to show it. The woman hugged me but I didn't move. I felt as if the world around me was an hypocritical one. We had never seen each other before and now she touched me as if we've always been friends. Politely, I pulled away. The woman patted my cheek while complimenting my parents for having a beautiful baby girl. She then introduced herself as Su Bin and her husband as Hyun Woo. We were about to move to another room when she called a guy's name. I assumed it was my "fiancé". A young tall guy got out of a room. He was well-dressed, probably forced to wear this by his parents. He was thin but wasn't too skinny. When I looked at his face, my heart skipped a beat. For a split second I thought Zico was standing in front of me. The only difference was his body, his eyes, and his hair. The face had some similarities with Zico's one, or was it me who got crazy ?

 

 

Su Bin : Tae Woon-ah, greet ~~~~ and her parents

 

The tall guy bowed in front of us.

 

Tae Woon : Annyeonghaseyo. Tae Woon imnida

You : I'm ~~~~

 

He nodded and guided us to the lounge. There, he motionned for me to sit next to him, my parents sat on a couch on my side and his parents on his side. The three couches formed the letter U and there was a coffee table in the middle. On the table, there was a magnificent vase with colorful flowers. It seemed that people in this house loved flowers. Well, at least we had something in common. His parents started to talk to mine while I stared at Tae Woon. He was lost in his thoughts and didn't pay attention to me. I wanted to talk to him, to find out what he thought about this marriage but I didn't dare interrogate him. To distract myself I decided to join our parents' conversation. It was cut off when the sound of a car was heard.

 

Su Bin : ah finally he's here !

 

Su Bin got up to walk to the entrance. She said something however I didn't hear it clearly because Hyun Woo explained to my father that his second son had just got home. Apparently, he came back from a long trip. Su Bin entered the lounge again followed by... Zico.. Zico was there, in front of me, with a girl. I felt as if I couldn't breathe properly, my heart stopped beating, at least I didn't feel it. His gaze noticed mine and his face turned pale. He seemed shocked by my presence. I was unable to move or to speak. The girl held his arm tighter and whispered something to his ear before smirking. Zico didn't reply. His parents went next to him for the introductions.

 

Hyun Woo : finally all the family is here. Seung Hyun, Ye Rin, ~~~~ here is my youngest son, Ji Ho. This is his girlfriend, Min Hi