6.

Coincidence or Destiny ?

          I couldn't believe it. Was Eomma right ? She told me not to trust guys easily. Had Zico really had fun with me during the vacation to forget about me after it ? Wait... his name wasn't even Zico but Ji Ho. Ji Ho... my fiancé's brother. I wished it only was a nightmare but I knew very well that it wasn't. Everything was true, I was there, at my in-laws' house for the first time to find out that the boy I've fallen for didn't deserve my faith. For the first time, I felt heart-broken. My all was torn into pieces. The one thing I wanted to do was to leave this house. I needed to get Zico out of my sight. The way this girl, his girl, clung onto him was too much for me to watch. This whole time he had a girlfriend. While I've given him my heart, my soul, even my first time. He had taken all of that just to enjoy himself. I had put all my love into our dates. I suddenly realised that tears were rolling down my cheek, I was silently crying but everyone had noticed it. Skipping the explanation, I got up and left the room. I bet my parents were dumbfounded. But I also was. I just discovered two horrible things : I loved my husband-to-be's brother, this brother already had someone. Outside, the fresh air greeted me. It felt nice even though I didn't have a jacket. There, far from other people, I let my tears out. I cried for around 10 minutes when I heard the door being opened. Deep inside, I wished it would be Zico. That he would come to me and explain the situation. That he would say that he loved me. That the girl was a so-called girlfriend with whom he tried to satisfy his parents but to whom he felt nothing. The person wrapped a jacket on my shoulders then turned me around. My disappointment probably showed on my face because I had to face a pouting tall guy. Tae Woon.

 

Tae Woon : it's my brother, right ? what has he done to you ?

You : is he.. really with this girl ?

Tae Woon : I'll be honest. This girl is his girlfriend but tomorrow she won't be anymore because he'll get another one. My brother is like this. He can't be in a serious relationship. I'm sorry

 

I was too weak to hold the tears back. Tae Woon pressed his forefinger against my forehead while telling me not to cry. This was so easy to say, no one could understand how hurt I felt. He poked me several times as if he didn't know what else to do. I looked up at him with bright eyes due to the tears. He smiled a bit which shook me, they had the same smile. This time I didn't let the emotions overcome. I controlled myself and thanked Tae Woon. He shook his head, mentionning that he had did nothing special. Still, he came outside to help it and this meant a lot.

 

Tae Woon : do you want to go back inside ?

You : I don't think I can take it

Tae Woon : you'll have to face him someday

You : I'm not ready

Tae Woon : as you wish

You : how... did you know I was feeling bad because of him ?

Tae Woon : mm you seemed shocked when he got in

You : what should I do ?

Tae Woon : forget him

You : I can't

Tae Woon : when we want something, we can do it. If you want to be happy, forget about him

 

I was about to reply when another guy joined us. Without looking, I knew well who it was. I felt him put an hand on my right shoulder and whispered my name. Tae Woon apologized and let the two of us alone. I brushed his hand off of me. He tried to touch me again but I turned away, letting my back face him. He walked in front of me and immobilized my face with strong hands.

 

Zico : ~~~~.. don't ignore me

You : why ? why did you do that to me ?

Zico : you're beautiful and engaged. I thought that it would be easier for you to forget about me. I didn't know you were my brother's future wife. I'm sorry

You : I can't believe it.. I trusted you ! I even gave you my first time ! Do you know what it means to me ?!?

Zico : you have the right to be mad. You can slap me if you want but please don't let anyone know about us

You : us ?! there is nothing like us !

Zico : don't say this

 

His tone was a threatening one and it gave me goosebumps. I was afraid, of his looks, he seemed so angry. His apologetic smile turned to a grin. He lowered his hands to my shoulders and held them so tight that it hurt me.

 

Zico : I made you mine ~~~~ and you'll always be

You : what's the point if you don't love me !!

Zico : I hate women ~~~~ but I like the power I have on you. And you'll never be able to get out of my control

You : you're such a jerk

Zico : that's right. Still you love me, don't you ?

You : idiot, bastard, assh-

 

I was cut off by his two lips pressed on mine. He moved his soft lips against mine and I tried to resist. However it was really hard because even though I knew now what kind of playboy he was, I was under his spell. I felt myself melting, allowing him to taste my mouth. I closed my eyes as I drifted into the sweetness of his contact. He pulled away first and I regretted my vulnerability when I saw his big smile. He caressed my cheek.

 

Zico : good babe~ let's go back inside now before anyone starts worrying. And remember, keep your mouth shut or you'll regret it. I don't think you want your parents to know how dirty you are

You : I hate you

 

His laughter hurt me, harder than if someone had slapped me. Not looking back at me, he got back inside. Reluctantly, I did the same.

 

          On the way back to our house, my mother sat next to me in the car. I put my head on her laps and she caressed my hair. Depressed, I rubbed my swollen lips. I could still feel Zico's lips on mine. The sensation of our hot kiss was strong. I also silently sob. My mother noticed what I was doing which got her curious. Mumbling, so as my father won't hear us, she asked if something was wrong. I replied that once at home, I would tell her everything. My mother had always been my best friend, the only one who knew everything about me. I trusted her more than I trusted myself. If someone could help me in this situation, it was my dear mom.

About 30 minutes later, the two of us were sitting on my bed while my dad pecked my forehead.

 

Seung Hyun : will you stop stealing your mom from me ~~~~ ? I don't like sleeping alone

Ye Rin : tonight is our secret sharing night Yeobo~ Mianhae~

Seung Hyun : don't sleep too late then

You : we'll try Appa

 

He quickly kissed my mother before leaving. I wished that I could be like my parents. Meeting a guy who would truly love me and cherish our life together. While thinking of this ideal life, I couldn't help but imagine Zico and I like this. It was hard to accept that he had fooled around. I was nothing to him. Nothing.

 

Ye Rin : what's wrong daughtie ?

You : you were right Eomma

Ye Rin : right about what ?

You : the guy I told you about... it's Ji Ho

Ye Rin : isn't it Zico ? Ji Ho ?! Wait !!

You : it's Tae Woon's brother

 

For what seemed to be ages, my mother didn't speak. She seemed as shocked as I had been few hours ago.

 

Ye Rin : is this why you're sad ?

You : he made fun of me Eomma...

Ye Rin : mwo ?

You : everything between us was fake. I'm in love with a jerk

Ye Rin : what did he tell you ?

You : Tae Woon told me he's a playboy.. and Zico... he said I would never be able to fall out of love because he'll keep his power on me

Ye Rin : how can such a young brat threaten my daughter ?! I'll talk to him !

 

Angrily, my mother got up and began walking to the door. I was too sad to notice how cute my mother was, she would do anything for my happiness and punish the bad ones who made me suffer. I stopped her from leaving and asked her to calm down. It was hard enough for me to deal with the situation, I didn't want to create a scandal. This night, my mother decided to stay in my room. It felt nice sleeping by her side, I felt secured and loved. This peaceful helped me think about all that was happening and when I woke up in the morning, I had a decision in mind. I had only one thing left to do : live a good life for my loveable parents. If by marrying Tae Woon I could make them happy, then I would do it. That way I hoped to show Zico that I was strong-minded and able to be joyful without him. I promised myself to be the first girl who would show Zico that he couldn't control everyone's heart. I would resist his charm for sure. At least, that was what I hoped...