12.

Coincidence or Destiny ?

          He left. Did I heard it right ? He left.. without waiting for my answer. I had no choice left. I had been stupid enough to believe that he would actually stay longer for my response. I thought maybe he wanted me to come along. I re-read the message he sent to me the last day I saw him. " Love you~ ", did he mean it ? I felt like I was the dumbest woman...

 

Tae Woon : I'm sorry ~~~~. It's my fault

You : w-wae ?

Tae Woon : I talked to him yesterday. I asked him not to make you sad so.. he decided to leave

You : you asked him to break up ?!

Tae Woon : ani.. I just warned him

You : and he left because of that ?

Tae Woon : jwesonghabnida

You : it's not your fault

Tae Woon : kind of

You : it isn't. I had decided to stay with you anyways

Tae Woon : jinjja ?

 

No. It wasn't true. I was about to call Zico right now. To tell him that I loved him and wanted to live by his side. How could I admit this ? Tae Woon was the only one left. My last hope of love just flew to another country without me. Perhaps was Tae Woon right ? I tried to stop thinking about this even though my heart ached. Tae Woon smiled a bit while messing my hair.

 

Tae Woon : let's go out today

You : eodi ?

Tae Woon : do you have a place in mind ?

You : mm the zoo ?

Tae Woon : great idea

 

          Minutes later, we were at the entry of the zoo, buying tickets. I felt excited seeing all these children. They were so cute. Some were scared while others were the happiest. In the queue, there was parents with their little daughter who kept jumping with enthusiasm. She reminded me of myself when I was a kid. I was observing her when Tae Woon agitated the tickets in front of my face. I gave him my brightest smile and took the one that belonged to me. We first went to the aquarium and I saw animals I never thought would exist. Some fishes were so... weird. It was funny to look at their dull self. My favorite part of the place was when we went to the tunnel where we could see all kind of fishes above our head. We spent an hour in the huge aquarium.

 

                        

 

Then, we went to the outside part of the zoo.

 

 

There were so many animals to see that we didn't where to go first. I released my childish side by nimbly asking Tae Woon to go to the animal nursery part. On our way there, we met many different animals. Tae Woon was busy studying the action of an elephant while I was focused on a group of chilren who all wore an headband with fake animals' ears on it. I couldn't help but pout.

 

 

When Tae Woon realized he was talking alone. He turned around and find me asking one of the children where he bought this headband. Tae Woon laughed when I hurried him to the place. I happily greeted the seller and tried different kind but the leopard one caught my attention. It suited me the best. The seller, a middle-aged woman, giggled when I asked Tae Woon to pay for it. When he was searching for his money, I took another leopard headband to put it on him. He blushed with embarrassment when passer by made fun of us. He was about to put the item back on the shelf but I scolded him, saying that he shouldn't care about people' thoughts. Still, he didn't want to wear such a "stupid thing" as he said himself. This hurt me a bit. I knew I looked stupid and ridiculous but I always wanted to wear this to visit a zoo. Now that I had the chance to accomplish my childhood wish, I would proudly do it. He analyzed my face and found out that his words had hurt me. As an apology, he finally bought the headband for himself. We ended up walking in the zoo, holding hands and wearing leopard ears on top of our head.

 

          Hours later I noticed a stranger waving at us. When we got closer, Tae Woon introduced me to his friend. He also was a member of SPEED. He was abroad on our wedding day which was the reason why he couldn't come. My excitement grew when I saw the prospectus he was holding. It was written that SPEED was going to hold a concert at 8.00 pm in a famous pub.

 

You : why didn't you told me about it ?

Tae Woon : I thought you wouldn't be interested in it

You : how can't I be ? I'm your number 1 fan you know~

Jung Woo : does it mean that we'll have the pleasure to receive such a beautiful woman tonight ?

Tae Woon : yah yah watch what you're saying

Jung Woo : mianhae Hyung but your wife is breathtaking. I can't think clearly in front of her

You : you're handsome too Jung Woo-ssi but Tae Woon is better

Tae Woon : see, you have no chances

Jung Woo : I'll catch your heart tonight ~~~~

Tae Woon : stop it already

Jung Woo : eeerrrh you're so jealous~

You : it's because he loves me, right Tae Woon ?

Tae Woon : y.... yeah... I lo-ve y-ou

 

I got nervous by the way Tae Woon looked at me while saying those words. I knew we were acting but his stare was full of... I didn't even know what. Even Zico had never looked at me this way. After a while, Tae Woon told his friend that we had to go because it was lunch time already. Well, it was 2.00 pm so technically it wasn't lunch time but I guess it was an excuse to break the awkward moment. Jung Woo, who haven't eaten yet, accompanied us to the restaurant.

 

          This night, I took more time than usual to get ready. I was going to be an actress. I had to play the lovey-dovey wife. I made myself pretty yet simple. Tae Woon also dressed better. He had scene costumes which were awesome. I had the sensation of being married to a real idol when he asked me to help him fix his shirt.

 

                    

 

He drove to a bar I've rarely been to but heard a lot about. It was a beautiful place. My friends used to hang there because some unknown groups such as SPEED held concerts there. My mother had never agreed to me attending this kind of events. I've been to concerts but never the ones held by amateurs in places like a bar. His friends gathered around me. I was quite uneasy with all these stares. Tae Woon was talking to the owner and Jung Woo rescued me. People were filling the seats in front of the stage while the guys seemed stressed and upset. I didn't know what was going on and asked Jung Woo. The girl who were supposed to sing with them was ill so she couldn't come. I was trying to find a solution with him when I looked up. All the guys' eyes were on me.

 

You : NO NO NO ! Bad idea. Dream of it

Tae Woon : please ~~~~

You : I don't know the lyrics

Tae Woon : you just have to say a few lines. Moreover you'll have the prompter

You : my voice sounds horrible

 

He grabbed my hands to squeeze them. With a confident and manly look, as charismatic as in the music videos, he said.

 

Tae Woon : you're my last hope ~~~~

 

I sighed, looking at his friends' pleading faces and his manly look. He was so attractive at that moment. It made me forget about Zico. I smiled and nodded. Tae Woon pulled me to his chest for a hug. One of the guys slapped his head saying it was time to go on stage. I felt what stage fright was. It was an awful yet boosting state of mind. I entered the scene holding Tae Woon's hand. Without lies, I had a great time singing with them. Luckily I already knew the few lyrics I had to say. It was an awesome moment. I kept glancing at the tall guy while singing and he did the same. When it was over, the audience stood up to applaud. I felt proud of the group and myself. Tae Woon came closer and my heart was beating like crazy. He softly pecked my forehead and thanked me again before wrapping his arms around me. I leaned against his chest while embracing him and the crowd acclaimed louder.