10.

Coincidence or Destiny ?

          A month later, it was what should be the best day of my life. I was slowly walking with my father towards Tae Woon inside the huge church. Many guests were making statements about my wedding dress, hairstyle, make up, shoes, etc. Once we reached the altar, Tae Woon took my hand from my father's one. He intertwined our fingers. From the corner of my eyes, I could see Mom and Su Bin wiping their tears. They were clinging onto each other. Our fathers were happy. Everyone was busy taking photographs or recording the wedding. The ceremony passed fast and soon the priest allowed the groom to kiss the bride. I was nervous. Feeling the stares made me nervous. I gazed at the crowd first, Zico didn't come. I didn't know where he was. I looked back at Tae Woon and as if he read my mind, he mumbled while leaning.

 

Tae Woon : don't look for him. I'm here

 

I smiled and so did he. He held my chin with his thumb and quickly kissed my cheek. The guests weren't satisfied by this shy peck.

 

Tae Woon : I must apologize but ~~~~ is too shy to ki-

 

I knew he was trying to make a lie up so I didn't have to kiss him. He probably thought that I didn't want to do it, that I wanted no skin contact with him. I turned his head to mine and got up on my tip toes to press my lips on his. Everyone clapped happily and I pulled away. Tae Woon had a funny surprised face on which made me laugh. I pinched his nose softly. Then, we turned around, still holding hands, to talk to our parents. We hugged one another before going out of the church, people following us. We had rent a luxurious car for the wedding, Tae Woon and I got inside. On the way to my in-laws' house, we didn't talk much. He said that I was a very beautiful bride. I had a long princess-like white dress and a middle-back length veil. He was very handsome with his white suit. He had a new haircut. He looked better with this one.

The party was tiring. I always wanted to wear a princess dress for my wedding day but now I regretted it. The more I walked, the heavier the dress got. Moreover, I had to be careful when I ate, drink, passed by people because it was white. Tae Woon saved me from getting stained several times. We stayed together the whole day. Our friends were with us so the atmosphere was good. I liked to watch people dance, it could be very funny sometimes. I was busy analyzing the dancers when Tae Woon dragged me to the improvised dance floor. At first, he danced nonsense only to make me laugh and I kept teasing him. However, no words escaped my wide mouth when the music turned to one I didn't know and Tae Woon started seriously dancing. Even though the song was a sad one, Tae Woon's dance was powerful. His friends joined him and I was amazed. They looked like K-idols. It was awesome. Su Bin, who was beside me watching her son, told me that the song was sung by Tae Woon and his friends. Apparently, they all adore music and record songs for fun. They even made MVs but no one except for the family had ever seen the work. I already knew that Hyun Woo didn't consider singing as a job since Zico told me but I feigned when Su Bin explained it to me. According to her, he almost feared losing contact with his kid. Even though she talked about Tae Woon's group, she didn't mention Zico's passion for rap. I wondered if she even knew about it. Zico really seemed to be the forsaken child but I couldn't blame Tae Woon.

 

          Later that night, his parents led us to a bedroom they had refitted for us. When opening the door, we faced a large bed on which they were red rose petals. On the bedside tables, there were colorful and perfumed candles. We stepped inside to take a better look and heard the door being closed. Tae Woon tried to open it but his parents had lock us inside. He gave me a guilty look but I laughed. Su Bin and Hyun Woo were so childish. Who would lock their son and a girl in a bedroom ? Well, I was welcomed in this family.

 

Tae Woon : seems like they want to be grandparents

 

I had never thought about this. Having children with Tae Woon. I didn't know if I was able to do it. I agreed to feign being in a real relationship with him in front of people but when we were alone, I just wanted to act naturally. We were friends and I couldn't imagine myself sleeping with someone else than Zico. The memories of my night with Zico came back to my mind. He had been so gentle, sweet, loving. The remembrance made me feel hot so I attempted to erase this memory. However, it was harder than I expected. I came back to earth when Tae Woon spoke.

 

Tae Woon : I'm going to take a shower

 

I just nodded, not knowing what to answer. I watched him go. He was much taller than me actually, I had always said that I wanted a boyfriend as tall as him. Who thought that my wish would come true. Tae Woon wasn't the kind of guys that attracted me though. I liked bad guys who inside were caring. I liked the type who acted strong in front of the girl he loved to impress her. Well, like Zico, with the playboy side left out. This was my ideal man while I married a nice and caring person who didn't try to show off. A guy who was as kind as he looked. Someone whose aim was to make his parents happy, he was so obedient and loved them so much that he was able to let go of his own life, own dreams to satisfy them. It didn't take long before he came back to the room. He was wearing a cute pajama. Definitely, he was different from his brother.

 

You : Eomeonim told me about your group

Tae Woon : SPEED ?

You : is it the name ?

Tae Woon : does it sound stupid ?

You : mm ani, I like it. Is the song writing by all of you ?

Tae Woon : nae. The guys who danced with me are members of SPEED

You : and are you the main vocal ?

Tae Woon : aah ani. I'm a rapper

You : rapper ? you ?!

Tae Woon : yes.. wae ?

You : I never thought you could rap

Tae Woon : I love rapping to be honest

You : oh my~ do you mind letting me listen to it ?

Tae Woon : why don't we watch a MV instead ?

You : suree~

 

It was my first time seeing him so excited and it felt amazing. He showed me a music video called " It's over ". We watched the dance version. I liked the song a lot and seeing him so concentrate was nice. He was well-dressed and so charismatic. I was surprised to show him like this. I had the impression of him not being him. In real, he seemed shy and cute while in this MV he was full of charisma and attractive. I liked his rap a lot. And the dance was so good, I loved the hands parts and so I told him.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOlBheJB3ww

 

You : the gloves are so cool !

Tae Woon : right I like them a lot too

You : do you still wear this ?

Tae Woon : ani I never put them on after the MV

You : waee ?

Tae Woon : do you imagine someone walking in the streets wearing this ?

You : I can do it

Tae Woon : are you daring enough ?

You : actually I don't mind what people think about me

Tae Woon : then, we'll check this out tomorrow

You : how ?

Tae Woon : I'll lend you the gloves and we'll go somewhere together. You'll have to wear them

You : can I see the gloves now ??

 

He chuckled at my face. I bet I looked like a child but I didn't care. Those were so cool and I was excited to try them. Who wouldn't be ? An idol, known by his family, was going to lend me something that he used to shot an MV. Could you imagine yourself wearing something worn by your favorite singer ? It was the kind of feeling I had even if Tae Woon wasn't famous. My mouth dropped when he gave me the item. Actually, like that, they weren't beautiful. I put them on and he turned the lights off. I couldn't help but try to dance like them. I knew I was doing nonsense by the way Tae Woon was holding onto his stomach while laughing. I was ridiculous but it felt so good. Once after a long time, I felt true happiness. Tae Woon came next to me in order to teach me the moves. Even with his help, I wasn't doing it right. He stood behind me and breathed an "I'll show you" that sent shivers through my body. He held my hands to show me the right movements. After a few times, I was doing better. Finally, I succeeded at following the speed he did it. Tired from all the sudden work, I laid down on the bed. Tae Woon laid next to me, certainly tired as well but I was the only panting one.

 

You : why don't you edit the MVs on TV ?

Tae Woon : my dad will never agree to it

You : are your friends okay with that ?

Tae Woon : they are all trying to realise their dream, becoming K-idols

You : don't you dream of it ?

Tae Woon : I can't see myself as an idol. I'm not handsome, nor do I feel at ease in front of cameras

You : are you serious ?

Tae Woon : I hate cameras

You : but.. you seem so comfortable, so self-confident in "It's over". And today, in front of all the journalists, I didn't sense you nervous

Tae Woon : jinjja ?

You : nae ! You're so charismatic when you rap

Tae Woon : gomawo ~~~~

You : if your father is against it, why don't you try to show SPEED's talent by doing MV as commercial film for the firm ?

Tae Woon : I never thought about this

You : I'm sure you can do it

Tae Woon : I don't think Appa will accept

You : I'll speak about this with him

Tae Woon : you ? why ?

You : why not ? I'm your wife afterall

 

It felt weird to admit it. I was married now. Tae Woon shyly kissed my temple and thanked me. While my husband made himself comfortable in the bed, I went to the bathroom. I came back wearing the longest nightgown I had. When I walked out, I noticed that Tae Woon was already asleep. I didn't know what to do. To be honest, I hoped that he would let me the bed while he slept somewhere else but it didn't seem so. We were married but I wasn't ready to sleep with him. Yet I had no choice. Reluctantly, I laid next to him, letting the biggest distance I could between us. However my plan of not getting close failed when Tae Woon suddenly threw his arm over me, on my chest precisely. Trying not to wake him up, I moved his arm back to his side of the bed but it didn't work as he put it back on me, this time on my belly. Sighing, I just let it be. That night, my anxiety made it hard for me to fall asleep...