The Mall

First Love

Hyunjee woke up to her endlessly ringing alarm phone. It was Saturday already and that means no school. Yesterday went by just like other normal day. Her eyes fluttered open as she reached her phone to dismiss the alarm. She sat upright on her bed while stretching her arms and yawned.

It was still 9 in the morning and the date with Woori will be at 12. So she still has time to eat and ready herself.

She went downstairs to eat whatever she saw in the dining room that the maid had already set for her and then went back upstairs to take a shower. She already asked her parents about it, at first her mother didn’t let her but after begging and doing some aegyos, which was her parent’s weakness, they let her.

After taking a shower, she went to her walk-in closet to find a nice yet comfy outfit to wear. The weather was a little windy so she decided to wear a cream knit sweater and paired it with a maroon jegging, letting her hair fall pass her shoulder with her natural curls in the end. Because it was chilly outside, she decided to wear a maroon beanie to match her jegging. She didn’t put much make up on, just a light layer of BB cream with a little of lip tint.

Reaching her phone on the nightstand, which was currently charged, she checked the time and it was already 11 and a half. She quickly headed downstairs, bid goodbye to her parents and hopped onto the car.

Her house and the mall weren’t so far away and it actually only needs 15 minutes to get there by car. But because there was traffic, she arrived at the mall about 5 minutes late. She quickly went to Starbucks where she and Woori had decided to meet.

"You're late," She said crossing her arms on her chest and rolled her eyes as soon as Hyunjee sat on the chair in front of her.

She smiled and tried her best not to laugh at her childishness, "So, what movie?" She asked trying to change the subject. 

Woori kept silent still crossing her arms and refused to look at her friend.

"Oh come on, Woori~" she whined while leaning closer trying to reach her hand, "Food is on me, okay? Is pasta okay?" She knew Woori is a pasta maniac and she also knew that she hit it right on the spot. 'Bullseye' she thought when suddenly her face lightened up.

"Deal!" She said happily, "But next time, don't make me wait like a loner." She continued with a pout while Hyunjee nodded and left The Starbucks.

While heading to the theatre to check the movie schedule, they passed by an ice cream shop. They decided to stop by and buy some since Hyunjee was craving for it.

While Hyunjee was choosing the ice cream flavor, Woori's phone rang and she picked it up.

"Hello...” “What?!” “Where?!" She looked straight in horror and Hyunjee looked at her worriedly, "Okay... I'm on my way... Thank you for informing," then she hang up.

"What's wrong?" Hyunjee asked after paying her ice cream. Worry written all over her face.

"I'm so sorry but I have to go now, my little brother got into an accident and he's in the hospital now," she said while walking backwards towards the shop’s entrance, "I'm so sorry, I'll call you later okay?" She continued and went out from the little ice cream shop before Hyunjee could say anything.

"Well then I guess I'm alone now," she sighed and went out the shop then sat on the bench inside the mall next to a stranger that seemed to be waiting for someone while eating her strawberry flavored ice cream.

She asked Myungsoo and Sungjong to accompany her via phone but they seemed to be busy at the moment that the two didn’t answer her call.

It was still 12.30 pm, she didn't want to come home yet. She didn't have anything to do at home either though. So she decided to just finish her ice cream and then stroll around the mall later alone for the first time. 

***

"Hyung let's watch a movie!"

"Ge I'm hungry!" 

"I want ice cream!"

Kris sighed and ran his fingers through his beautiful blonde hair for the nth time today because of his friends with their childishness, "I don't care."

The group, EXO, which they decided to call themselves as, was hanging out at one of the member's house as usual on weekends. And this time it turned out to be at Kris'. But there were only Tao, Chen, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Kai and Kris himself because unfortunately, or fortunately for Kris, the rest couldn't make it. They were always being such a baby and destroy anything they touch or even glance. Well not the glance part because it’s clearly impossible. And being the oldest guy Kris was at the oment, he acted like the father over these boys. Hmmm, well no, not really.

"Oh I wish D.O hyung is here to cook us some foods," Kai said while slightly pouting.

"Yeah...." The lads nodded approvingly. 

"Hyung I'm so boooooored," Chen whined while changing the channel back and forth until he got back to the first channel lazily trying to find an interesting show. But still, he couldn't find one. 

Kris just sat still on the comfy couch deeply immersed in his thought with Tao beside him playing a game on his smartphone. He didn't care about what his friends were complaining. He was in his deep thoughts. He was thinking about the girl. 

Never did he think about a girl so much, so deep, until now. He unknowingly curled his lips into a smile just by thinking about her. Being the cold city guy he was, he rarely smiles. Even when Chanyeol and Baekhyun crack a joke, the smile wasn't so wide, at least not this wide. 

The girl is unique and that made him want to know about her further more. However, it's impossible to get near her without his friends acknowledgements. Sooner or later they will find out. But he chose not to tell them. Yet.

"Hyung, where is your Xbox?" Chen asked, his eyes glued to the TV screen. It was some sort of a talk show. The host kept trying to crack a joke but it wasn't funny at all that the audience and the guest star laughed forcefully.

Not getting an answer he called his Hyung again, "Hyung," Chen called raising his voice a little bit. Still no response from the older guy, he turned to look at him with a slight frown. He seemed to be deep in his thought with a smile plastered on his face and Chen found it interesting. 

He nudged Kai who was sitting next to him and pointed his lips towards Kris. "He's daydreaming," Chen whispered to Kai.

"He looks like an idiot," Kai jokingly replied with his eyes locked at the smiling figure, "What should we do to him?" He asked wiggling his brows with an evil smile plastered.

Chen replied with an even more malicious grin of his own as he turned to whisper to Kai. They told Chanyeol and Baekhyun as well and also signaled Tao, who was right next to Kris, to stay still and be prepared. The next thing they knew, Chanyeol and Baekhyun was holding a balloon, which they just made with a leftover pack of balloons from Kris’ last year birthday surprise, with Chen and Kai holding a needle next to them, waiting for the next command from. Tao already found himself blasting music from his iPod with his headphone and readied himself to laugh.

"One," Kai mouthed and they went closer behind the couch.

"Two...." Closer.

"Thr-" 

*POPPP!

"AAAAAAHH!" Kris screamed jumping off the couch while panting heavily trying to even his breathing with his hand holding his chest with wide eyes.

The rest of them laughed their heads off while Tao fell off the couch because laughing too hard. Chanyeol and Baekhyun are now on the floor still laughing out loud while holding their stomach, same goes with Tao.

"You.guys." Kris called firmly while glaring to each of them.

"Ge you should see the look on your face!" Tao said between the laugh.

"Ha ha yeah very funny," he faked a laugh and continued glaring at them, "Because you nearly gave me a heart attack," he paused as the rest stopped laughing while wiping away the tears at the corner of their eyes and focused at the now standing figure already knowing that they were in trouble, "You guys have to treat me lunch and bubble tea for a week starting today onwards, since I don't trust you with any of my home works. And no objection." He said while the others dropped their jaw. 

"SAY WHAT?!" They said simultaneously, eyes widened, jaw on the floor.

"You heard me. Now get me some lunch," he ordered and clapped his hands twice, "I want Japanese cuisine," he added.

"Hyung, did you forget that we're not D.O hyung?" Kai asked.

Kris suddenly remembered when the boys almost burn down the kitchen while D.O was in the toilet for only 2 minutes. He shook his head, "Well then buy me some," he said again then relaxed himself on the couch.

The others just sighed and Chanyeol came up with an idea, "Let’s go to the mall!" He exclaimed.

"You guys buy it for me, I'm not going," he said as he lazily stretched his arms and let his long slender legs to rest on the couch while searching for a comfortable position.

Kai looked out the window and was greeted by a lightning so he abruptly backed off and pulled the curtain. It was raining heavily outside so that means they couldn't take the public transportation since none of them own a driving license, except for Kris. 

"But it's raining outside," Kai complained and walked towards Kris.

"Just take the car," he simply said although he didn't trust them to drive a car in such weather.

"But none of us except you own a license," Tao said.

He groaned and sat properly, "Just delivery or something," he said.

The others actually wanted to have fun at the mall, not just buying Kris the food he wanted. "Drive us please, ge?" Tao whined while scooting next to him on the couch with his hands clasped together, attempting to do aegyos with a pair of puppy eyes.

Actually, that didn't work on him, but he too needed some refreshments. So he decided to give in and stood up. "I'll go get the key," he said going to his room as the others threw their fists in the air and cheered silently.

"It worked!" Tao whispered a little too loud that it could be heard by Kris who was about to go upstairs.

"I heard that and no it doesn't work." He said as he rolled his eyes and gone upstairs.

 

"Hyung let's buy ice cream!" Kai said as soon as they arrived at the mall.

"You guys go, I'll be waiting outside," He said as soon as a familiar looking girl caught his attention. They only nodded and continued to walk towards the small ice cream shop.

***

 

"Hmm what should I do? Where should I go? This place is ridiculously huge," Hyunjee mumbled to herself as she got up from the bench and began to wander around the mall. She just walked to wherever her feet decided to lead her, still munching on the ice cream cone.

After finishing her ice cream, she decided to go for a window shopping. And there was one cute vintage shop that caught her attention. She entered the shop as she was greeted by the workers there and she quickly made her way to the plushie section. Never once she saw so many cute fluffy plushies in her whole life. 

She picked up the ones she thought the cutest as she examined it. It was a big wolf plushie. She peeked at the price tag and then she slowly put it back to the shelf. She actually could afford it, heck she could buy everything in the shop if she wanted to, but it wasn't normal for a plushie to costs that much. She then left the shop after giving it a last glance.

When she continued her little adventure time exploring shops after shops, she heard something from behind that caught her attention and trailed by some cursing mumbles,

"KRIS HYUNG WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?!”


 

A/N

Hey~

Just a short author note here^^

I want to congratulate EXO for winning awards from Golden Disk Awards because they definitely deserve it!

Also, get well soon Chen, our king of troll :(

Do comments, subscribe and upvote please^^ Thank you~

(and I know this isn’t short but…whatever._.)